Go to page:

* The Meditation Room *

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14574

LunaGreyhawk said:I chose charcoal furniture for my living room for the reasons listed in this card.  What a perfect fit as I went about my morning rituals and thought how pretty the oranges and blues look against it 💜.  

Sounds lovely! I can't wait to finish mine! Redecorating is maddening at times! 💜

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Josh said:For many years now the first thing I do is wander bleary-eyed the "the machine" where the view is often as pic shows.
This wakes me up. Then I do yoga & light-weights. More recently I am adding a time of attempted meditation (as in listening to my breath) and practicing gratitude and appreciation for life, and the new day.

Perfect image and morning ritual. Just 15 minutes of meditation a day brings answers, Josh. I love Tai Chi; there's something about the graceful movements of it But I enjoy yoga as well; I took Hatha for years.

badmalthus
Harry Rout
Dangerous Mind
19awards
Joined 3rd May 2014
Forum Posts: 433

A look at Existenialism and freedom.

https://youtu.be/C2ET7pPcc8U

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

badmalthus said:A look at Existenialism and freedom.

https://youtu.be/C2ET7pPcc8U

Loved that, Harry! Existentialism has its solid points in regards to freedom of choice and responsibility for those choices. I also agree in regards to the blank slate and development of essence stemming from the experiences their choices afford. However, I disagree with their stance in regards to God ( or a higher energy at work ). This is why I could never be an existentialist. God is not what most make him out to be ( imho ); however, there is a higher energy that exists ( in accordance with my personal experiences ).  Our choices and experiences, however, are not determined by that higher power.

I view philosophical viewpoints the way I do science and religion, or creation and evolution. Why can't something be both? Or all, in that it contains elements of each? Take existentialism, for example, I agree with its basic tenants of free choice ( regardless of circumstance ); however, disagree that we have no choice in existing. I have found even in music, literature, and art, there are some of all that I enjoy, there are some of all I don't enjoy; however, there are none of all that I completely enjoy as a whole.

Maybe our experience is to simply pick the fruit we resonate with and leave the rest for the next traveler.

Thank you much for the breakfast this morning. xo

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

♥*♡∞:。.。Daily Oracle。.。:∞♡*♥

Looks like Charcoal is still on the table! While I generally pull for the greatest good of DU; I feel a particular tug that this card has a special message for anna.

I love this card from the Sacred Rebels deck, and its subsequent message:

No. 23: DEFEND TO THE END THE WORTHWHILE

Beneath the illusions, pretty as they may seem, you know what is real. Beneath the lies, sweet through they may sound, you know what is worthwhile. All that is genuinely and truly essential for the heart to throb with life is worthwhile. Anything that dulls or suffocates its vibrant aliveness, must be questioned, challenged, and more than likely, cast aside, for the heart is our key to living and authentic life. What is there once that is compromised? Without its foundation of truth, we are to be forever lost in confusion, doubt, and despair!

You are a Sacred Warrior—a defender of the heart. You have cried genuine tears of your own grief, and also the grief of the world. you have raged at injustice and oppression in your own life, and in the world. you have felt the need to protect the presence of love, for whilst it is exceptionally powerful, it can too easily be smothered under lies and fear. The sacred warrior must not heed the dangerous voices that say, "On, stop being so sensitive! Stop making such a big deal out of things!" Love is the biggest deal there is; what else is worth being so sensitive about?

The sacred warrior is vigilant that the presence of love is not chipped away by fear, criticism, doubt, or untruths. Even if others find the unflinching honesty of your feelings difficult to handle, even if those feelings are expressed with gentleness and compassion, the sacred warrior honours the task of being more faithful to love, than to anything else. This includes the fear of loss. Actually, it includes the fear of anything at all.

This oracle brings guidance to the honour even the smallest steps in your path of the sacred warrior. They are no less important than the more noticeable or dramatic actions on the path. One vigilant with what is meaningful and what is truthful, even in the smallest and seemingly most insignificant ways, strengthens the sacred warrior and prevents darkness form gaining a stronghold. It will tell you that it doesn't matter, that this one time you can forget what you promised, that you are just one person and that you can't make a difference anyway. That darkness will lure you into sleepy ambivalence and dull your light, if you allow it to. But you have to allow it go—darkness can never quell the light on its own.

The sacred warrior within will fight with love and honour to be true to what has meaning, and never, ever allow it to be cast aside—even if it seems easier in the moment. The sacred warrior finds joy and humour in life, to prevent the seriousness of the task from stifling the heart that just wants to live and be free. That joy brings strength to the warrior and an expanded, relaxed awareness that can sense the presence of fear ( whether it is masked as anger, hate, or doubt ) and immediately respond to it with fierce compassion. The sacred warrior will not allow fear to gain a stronghold within the heart.

This oracle has a special guidance for you. You are being asked to stay strong and stand your ground. This might be in a big emotional journey that feels like the fight of your life. It may be in a matter that does not see to hold much importance. Perhaps, for example, you are contemplating and idea that you feel could be something, but those around you declare it is nothing. Or too impractical, too little or too much. However, what is happening or soon will be happening, is worthwhile.

So, hold tight! stay true to the sacred warrior of love that you are and defend to the end all that is worthwhile.

♥*♡∞:。.。 Happy Day, all! 。.。:∞♡*♥

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5573

^ Agreed. Just because an observer doesn't see the importance in fighting a battle, doesn't mean it isn't a battle worth being fought. Only the fighter gets the final say in that determination. So, fight for your right to ... fight, dammit.

xo

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013
Forum Posts: 3367

ooh. warrior. wonder if that should have keyboard as a preface 😂 thank you a, and thank you cards x  probably time to watch some funny youtube and you know actually do the things i should have got done early today ...

much love x

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Om Om Om
Let's go back to the Med Room

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmGn56x79PY

Good luck getting that out of your brain.

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013
Forum Posts: 3367

you’re evil j pure evil 🤣

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

LMFAO!

boi got moves!

you're very welcome, a. xo

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾Moonology☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

The Moon, 3rd quarter waning ( also known as disseminating Moon ) is in Scorpio - is a great day to wear yellow and burn marjoram incense or oil.

Mercury is the ruling planet of Wednesdays, which stands for communication, your conscious mind, divination, and wisdom. Combined with the Moon placement of Scorpio, which determines an increase of psychic awareness and power, it also severs connections/attachments/cords of what no longer serves you permanently.  

The waning moon is an indication of turning into oneself ( as the moon does until it's totally unseen and new ). It means seeking answers with in; rest, acceptance, contemplation, surrendering the shadow aspect of ourselves that we can burst forth anew.

Which is highly ironic being the card I drew:

Surrender to the Divine: Full Moon

The very word 'climax' brings all sorts of ideas and images to mind—agreed? But it really is the feeling of this card: Life is coming to a head, a point, a conclusion or a turning point: there may be some kind of change, and possibly even some sort of emotional explosion. Tune into your emotions ow and see what they're telling you. They're very likely close to the surface, no matter when in the Moon cycle this card is pulled.

Attune to the Moon with the mantra: I am getting the answers I need.

The full moon marks the climax of the lunar cycle, making this card something of a power card. The Full Moon is often the tie when answers are given to questions asked during the New Moon, and this card at any time in the lunar cycle suggests answers will be coming your way before too long.

• You may need to forgive someone to release negative energy.

• It's time to let go of the past and move on.

Refusing to do such will cause undue suffering brought on by holding onto that which should be severed, as well as bitterness from unforgiveness, and a refusal to surrender insecurities to the Divine.

Control is a cancer which eats away at the personal freedom of trust.

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾Happy Day All!☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

LunaGreyhawk
Dangerous Mind
United States 17awards
Joined 8th July 2019
Forum Posts: 883

“Attune to the Moon with the mantra: I am getting the answers I need.

The full moon marks the climax of the lunar cycle, making this card something of a power card. The Full Moon is often the tie when answers are given to questions asked during the New Moon, and this card at any time in the lunar cycle suggests answers will be coming your way before too long.

Refusing to do such will cause undue suffering brought on by holding onto that which should be severed, as well as bitterness from unforgiveness, and a refusal to surrender insecurities to the Divine.

Control is a cancer which eats away at the personal freedom of trust.”

I needed every word of this today.  

I am getting the answers I need 💜

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

LunaGreyhawk said:“Attune to the Moon with the mantra: I am getting the answers I need.

Control is a cancer which eats away at the personal freedom of trust.”

I needed every word of this today.  

I am getting the answers I need 💜

Bravo! 💜

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Ahavati said:‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾Moonology☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

The Moon, 3rd quarter waning ( also known as disseminating Moon ) is in Scorpio - is a great day to wear yellow and burn marjoram incense or oil.

Mercury is the ruling planet of Wednesdays, which stands for communication, your conscious mind, divination, and wisdom. Combined with the Moon placement of Scorpio, which determines an increase of psychic awareness and power, it also severs connections/attachments/cords of what no longer serves you permanently.  

The waning moon is an indication of turning into oneself ( as the moon does until it's totally unseen and new ). It means seeking answers with in; rest, acceptance, contemplation, surrendering the shadow aspect of ourselves that we can burst forth anew.

Which is highly ironic being the card I drew:

Surrender to the Divine: Full Moon

The very word 'climax' brings all sorts of ideas and images to mind—agreed? But it really is the feeling of this card: Life is coming to a head, a point, a conclusion or a turning point: there may be some kind of change, and possibly even some sort of emotional explosion. Tune into your emotions ow and see what they're telling you. They're very likely close to the surface, no matter when in the Moon cycle this card is pulled.

Attune to the Moon with the mantra: I am getting the answers I need.

Control is a cancer which eats away at the personal freedom of trust.

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾Happy Day All!☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

What I hear is the moon telling me to rest after all these NaPo preparations.

😴 Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

xo

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

JohnnyBlaze said:

What I hear is the moon telling me to rest after all these NaPo preparations.

😴 Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

xo

You would be hearing correctly then. Seriously, a disseminating Moon means don't push it! It's time will come!

Go to page:
Go to: