Go to page:

* The Meditation Room *

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5572

Ahavati said:

To use the term 'powerful' would be an understatement, I feel. I had originally intended it for my desk, but I had to move it away a bit . . .

Yep. Size does not matter.

( don't anyone read anything extra into that )

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14273

JohnnyBlaze said:

Yep. Size does not matter.

( don't anyone read anything extra into that )

Not when it comes to ancient Egypt it doesn't! You don't f' with ancient Egypt! You just do whatever it says.

Seriously, though, this is an absolutely beautiful specimen of creation infused with potently powerful energy.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

It is an absolutely GORGEOUS day here. A bit on the chilly side with what feels like arctic wind, but sunny and blue nonetheless. I went outside to feed strays this morning, and beautiful Raven ( who nabs from the bowls along with other birds and squirrels ) was waiting! Then I see a formation of birds returning north, and realize it's only a month until spring. I felt led to pull from the Beastiary today, and WOW!

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* Daily Oracle *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

COMMON RAVEN - Align Your Inner Compass

I love this card, and am not surprised it jumped out of the deck today. Ancient tale has it that deep in a Raven's heart is an ancient secret; a memory as tattered as his feathers are after harrying hawks. Few alive remember that Raven used to be as white as freshly fallen snow. Having himself been through the subtle shifting of transformation and rebirth, Raven knows that the world is often not quite what it seems. In the blink of an eye, light becoes shadow and shadow shifts to light. And so Raven is not one for rules or morality. Raen knows that sometimes the only way to course-correct is to step out of the boxes culture creates and align instead with your inner compass ( or, as the Law of Attraction would note: Your Inner Guidance System ).

What's the highest good ( something I ask each time before a public or private pull ); and what are you willing to sacrifice to bring it into the light?

Ritual: STEPPING INTO SOVEREIGNTY

Many a god and goddess have cloaked themselves in Raen feathers, shifting form to fly over battlefields, protecting chosen warriors and ushering the dead to teh afterlife.

Raven was but one form of the Goddess Morrigan, who the Celts both honored and feared. While the Morrigan in her raven cloak was well known as Queen of the War, she had another face: the face of sovereignty.

Sovereignty is an ancient concept which ties the land to its people and the people to their land. Sovereignty in its purest form is not about ownership; it's about relationship.

In modern days, our primary relationships are often with other people. But what if your primary relationship was with yourself and, from a place of self-sovereignty, with the land?

Fine a place to sit quietly outdoors. And remember, this is not about ownership, it's about relationship. You do not need to won the land on which you are sitting. Place both hands over your heart and breathe, finding your center. When you feel quiet in yourself, move your hands to lie flat on the earth. Breathe here. Allow yourself to feel and believe you are in relationship, circle of give and take, a cycle of sovereignty.

Reflection: NOTICING NUANCE

In the tales of people native to the Pacific Northwest Raven stole the sun. Bad Raven! You might think. But life is rarely so cut-and-dry:

In time's beginning, the world lived in darkness. In this swirling and never-ending night lived Raven. Raven's feathers were as white as the stars that did not yet shine, and his heart was a fiery as the absent sun. Raven fell in love with Eagle's daughter and, as often happens during courtship, was invited to Eagle's home.

When Raven entered Eagle's aerie, he was startled to find a massie globe of fire warming the Eagle's hearth. This fiery sphere was enough to light ot ust he aerie but the whole benighted world. Raven knew what he had to do and the love it would cost. But the world  was dark and filled with suffering, so Raven grabbed that fiery globe and soared up Eagle's chimney. Raen flew highter and higher, his bright white wings now covered in chimney soot.

With Eagle in chase, Raen hurled the fiery sphere as hard and high as he possibly could. Eagle screeched in fury as the Sun flew out of his reach and settled, sighing, into its home in the sky.To this day, Raben's wings remain dark as the night that existed before he stole the sun.

The point of this story is simple:

Is there a situation or person you are seeing as fixed, but might actually be as mutable as Raven's feathers?

I hope you each have a wonderful day! xo

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013
Forum Posts: 3367

thank you - morrigan is more correctly a hooded crow but the words for crow and Raven are i think one and the same x

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

anna_grin said:thank you - morrigan is more correctly a hooded crow but the words for crow and Raven are i think one and the same x

They are. And you're very welcome. xo

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Love that. xo

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013

i have a few more but they are mostly abandoned x

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

anna_grin said:i have a few more but they are mostly abandoned x

Feel free to post them. I was looking for a specific one I had saved on my old system. . .before it died. Damn.

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

To me, the Raven comes across as an omen.

An omen (also called portent or presage) is a phenomenon that is believed to foretell the future, often signifying the advent of change.

Which kinda jives with the idea that something beneath the surface is there to be found before it is revealed in a surprise fashion i.e. the situation not being what it seems on the surface.

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013

Ahavati said:

Feel free to post them. I was looking for a specific one I had saved on my old system. . .before it died. Damn.

ill share them if they’re relevant to your card of the day! my old main is https://ilchruthach.tumblr.com/

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

JohnnyBlaze said:To me, the Raven comes across as an omen.

Which kinda jives with the idea that something beneath the surface is there to be found before it is revealed in a surprise fashion i.e. the situation not being what it seems on the surface.

EVERY card I drew this morning ( including moonology ) signified surprisingly pleasant change and a new start—then the Raven is outside my front door before I drew this card for DU!

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

anna_grin said:

ill share them if they’re relevant to your card of the day! my old main is https://ilchruthach.tumblr.com/

That was a rocking-wicked tattoo; however, everything else blurred when I saw Alexander Dreymon!

The Last Kingdom was a great series. I do hope there is one more season. It seemed unfinished.

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013

Ahavati said:

That was a rocking-wicked tattoo; however, everything else blurred when I saw Alexander Dreymon!

The Last Kingdom was a great series. I do hope there is one more season. It seemed unfinished.

i probably just thought it looked pretty ive never seen the last kingdom

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Ahavati said:

EVERY card I drew this morning ( including moonology ) signified surprisingly pleasant change and a new start—then the Raven is outside my front door before I drew this card for DU!

Sounds exciting! The sun is out here and it is slowly warming up - maybe that's my pleasant change unveiling itself.

But all I have is chunky Bluejays getting the cats worked up LOL!

Go to page:
Go to: