poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14554

Anonymous said:<< post removed >>

Exactly. It's wherever your heart leads.

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
The_Silly_Sibyl
Jack Thomas
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 2awards
Joined 30th July 2015
Forum Posts: 687

Ahavati said:Yawl. . . this White Light Oracle deck though. Listen, I've cracked and blessed plenty of decks, but you know it's your deck when it cracks and blesses you. Phew.

And that's all I'll say about that. Hope you're all having a great day! Doors are open here! ☀❤

That lady card makes me think of this Tom Petty music video: https://youtu.be/aowSGxim_O8

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

The_Silly_Sibyl said:

That lady card makes me think of this Tom Petty music video: https://youtu.be/aowSGxim_O8

LOL! I can see why.  A. Andrew Gonzalez is the artist for this deck.  http://sublimatrix.com/

The_Silly_Sibyl
Jack Thomas
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 2awards
Joined 30th July 2015
Forum Posts: 687

His art has an almost alien quality to it, I like that.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

The_Silly_Sibyl said:His art has an almost alien quality to it, I like that.

He's widely known and respected as a visionary. The story of how he collaborated with Alana Fairchild is an interesting one.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

I am loving this deck.

No 5. QUEEN OF THE NAGAS

The mysterious beings known as Nagas are recognised in spiritual traditions across India, Nepal and Tibet, as well as in the other shamanic and cultural traditions. Nagas are connected to water ( of which I am born ) and are extremely sensitive to pollutions and poisons of all kinds. They become disturbed when the waters are polluted. Sinc eour bodies are composed of more water than anything else, when the waters of our planet are disturbed, so too are wel

We can make gentle offerings to the waters of our planet and help heal them through our choices. As we do our part to honor and heal the waters, we help ourselves and the Nagas, who in turn assist humans to further heal and evolve spiritually.

RITUAL:

Each morning pour yourself a glass of water, bless it with love from your heart, with gratitude and peaceful thoughts and then drink it as a sacred libation. You can also offer an after-prayer for the waters of the planet to be cleansed and protected and blessed for the greater good.

I already drink a glass of water each morning, so this just made my day on how to ritualize it. Ritualizing things ( to me ) is creating magic in the every day mundane. Even the simple act of sweeping can be viewed differently, as an act to remove stagnant energy so that new energy may enter.

Everything can be magic through ritual thinking, love, and appreciation.  

poet Anonymous

Ahavati said: Ritualizing things ( to me ) is creating magic in the every day mundane. Even the simple act of sweeping can be viewed differently, as an act to remove stagnant energy so that new energy may enter.

Everything can be magic through ritual thinking, love, and appreciation.

Beautifully said and so agree, but I usually have a problem with the  discipline needed when it comes to ritual. It seems inherent though that sounds like an excuse. What advice would you give? is it just a matter of forcing oneself into doing  small rituals?

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

nomoth said:

Beautifully said and so agree, but I usually have a problem with the  discipline needed when it comes to ritual. It seems inherent though that sounds like an excuse. What advice would you give? is it just a matter of forcing oneself into doing  small rituals?

Nooo! Once 'force' enters ritual it then becomes a chore and loses its magic. Whenever we feel forced to do something rather then willingly offering to do it, the magic is gone unless we can alter our perception of the task at hand.

For example; I HATE mopping. But, mopping is a necessary component of cleanliness. Cleanliness not only sterilizes your temple ( home ), it elevates the energy through cleanliness by removing the stagnant energy that blocks new flow.

I don't view it as mopping any longer. I view it as 'clearing' the way for new and positive energy which will bring peace and prosperity. I think of those in war-torn countries who would give anything for a home to mop vs a make-shift tent of boxes and plastic.

I begin my day with a clearing of the sacred air ( saging, incense, candles ) as well as a protective measure against of my personal energy field by dispelling what is not mine to keep nor carry, i.e. - the emotions and projections of others. Once clear you feel lighter and everything then becomes a ritual of magic ( for me, that is ).

It seems to me that you are getting bogged down in the thought of doing a thing you might not feel like doing. Take the pressure off yourself by reallizing there is no certain time to do a thing. You don't have to mop each day. You don't have to dust each day. You really don't have to clear your temple each day once it's been cleared. You can simply burn candles or incense to maintain the energy level.

Outside of work ( which is scheduled ), I do things at different time, as in when I feel like it. And just as I can convince myself I don't want to do it; I can alternately find a dozen reasons as to why the very thing I may not want to do is actually a gifted blessing to be able to do it.

Perspective.

poet Anonymous

Ahavati said:

Nooo! Once 'force' enters ritual it then becomes a chore and loses its magic. Whenever we feel forced to do something rather then willingly offering to do it, the magic is gone unless we can alter our perception of the task at hand.

For example; I HATE mopping. But, mopping is a necessary component of cleanliness. Cleanliness not only sterilizes your temple ( home ), it elevates the energy through cleanliness by removing the stagnant energy that blocks new flow.

I don't view it as mopping any longer. I view it as 'clearing' the way for new and positive energy which will bring peace and prosperity. I think of those in war-torn countries who would give anything for a home to mop vs a make-shift tent of boxes and plastic.

I begin my day with a clearing of the sacred air ( saging, incense, candles ) as well as a protective measure against of my personal energy field by dispelling what is not mine to keep nor carry, i.e. - the emotions and projections of others. Once clear you feel lighter and everything then becomes a ritual of magic ( for me, that is ).

It seems to me that you are getting bogged down in the thought of doing a thing you might not feel like doing. Take the pressure off yourself by reallizing there is no certain time to do a thing. You don't have to mop each day. You don't have to dust each day. You really don't have to clear your temple each day once it's been cleared. You can simply burn candles or incense to maintain the energy level.

Outside of work ( which is scheduled ), I do things at different time, as in when I feel like it. And just as I can convince myself I don't want to do it; I can alternately find a dozen reasons as to why the very thing I may not want to do is actually a gifted blessing to be able to do it.

Perspective.

YEP yep yep yep thank you. needed to hear that.

Going outside with the camera every day i do feel so revitalized, and energized... I am sure there are some ritualized things i do as i prepare and venture out without realizing I am doing them.  as that magic and energy is all there...

the only time i may feel anything similar indoors is when i am writing (sometimes!)....the energy inside the house is soooo blocked and requires a tonne of big loving magical energy....

your thoughts are perfect to meditate on....like i said thanks....perfect answer for me hear....thanks againx

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Also, something I feel led to tack on. . .ritual is personal, so you have to make it personal with what feels right to you. This is where your intuition comes into play.

I have specific crystals  set out to tigger my memory; I love candles regardless, so that's a pleasing aesthetic for me. Some don't like sage; so they use diffusers. Others like incense because it's more natural.

Andrew, find what works for you. It doesn't have to be fancy. It doesn't have to cost a lot. It doesn't have to be anymore than blessing and drinking that glass of water in the morning.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

p.s. - your images are magic, and creating them is a ritual all unto itself. One I personally, and the world appreciates. xo

poet Anonymous

Ahavati said:p.s. - your images are magic, and creating them is a ritual all unto itself. One I personally, and the world appreciates. xo

You are way too kind but thank you. of course the act of going out with a camera does require one to observe (and listen, feel and smell) so much more intensely everything  than I would normally do and I do definitely enter some kind of meditative state. it feels great.

also yes candles maybe my thing...just lit up the room with them just now. gotta get them goth vibes going lol

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

nomoth said:

You are way too kind but thank you. of course the act of going out with a camera does require one to observe (and listen, feel and smell) so much more intensely everything  than I would normally do and I do definitely enter some kind of meditative state. it feels great.

also yes candles maybe my thing...just lit up the room with them just now. gotta get them goth vibes going lol

I personally feel, due to the high level of energy your photos emanate, that you're channeling edits by capturing and infusing light. They contain a very * spiritual * essence.

Go to page:
Go to: