Definitely No 1 for me today, RiAN! Thank you! xo

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14647

Perfect RiAN! Thank you! That was an affirmation to something already in the works. I appreciate your interpretations and time. <3

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Rachelleundrgrd
Thought Provoker
United States 2awards
Joined 17th Feb 2018
Forum Posts: 80

Ahavati said:I don’t care how spiritual you are.
How long you can melt in the sweat lodge.
How many peyote journeys that have blown your mind, or how well you can hold crow pose.
Honestly. I don’t.

I don’t care what planets fall in what houses on your birth chart, how many crystals you have or how vegan your diet is.

I want to know how human you are. Can you sit at the feet of the dying despite the discomfort?
Can you be with your grief, or mine, without trying to advise, fix or maintain it?

I want to know that you can show up at the table no matter how shiny, chakra- aligned or complete you are- or not. Can you hold loving space for your beloved in the depths of your own healing without trying to be big?

It doesn’t flatter me how many online healing trainings you have, that you live in the desert or in a log cabin, or that you’ve mastered the art of tantra.

What turns me on is busy hands. Planting roots.
That despite how tired you are, you make that phone call, you board that plane, you love your children, you feed your family.

I have no interest in how well you can ascend to 5D, astral travel or have out of body sex. I want to see how beautifully you integrate into ordinary reality with your unique magic, how you find beauty and gratitude in what’s surrounding you, and how present you can be in your relationships.

I want to know that you can show up and do the hard and holy things on this gorgeously messy Earth.
I want to see that you can be sincere, grounded and compassionate as equally as you are empowered, fiery and magnetic.

I want to know that even during your achievements, you can step back and be humble enough to still be a student.

What’s beautiful and sexy and authentic is how well you can continue to celebrate others no matter how advanced you’ve become.

What’s truly flattering is how much you can give despite how full you’ve made yourself.

What’s honestly valuable is how fucking better of a human you can be, in a world that is high off of spiritual materialism and jumping the next escape goat for “freedom.”

At the end of the day I don’t care how brave you are.
How productive, how popular, how enlightened you are.

At the end of the day, I want to know that you were kind. That you were real.

I want to know that you can step down from the pedestal from time to time to kiss the earth and let your hair get dirty and your feet get muddy, and join the dance with us all.

A modern day call to shifting from spiritual consumerism to returning to human kind...
Heart inspired by Oriah Mountain Dreamer’s, The Invitation.

~Taylor Rose Godfrey

Gratitude to the Unknown Artist

I love everything about this. 🙏🏽🙏🏽

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

RiAN said:

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

That was a very good text, I was nodding at the screen but my screen didnt nod back at me, Lots of hidden truths in the text, a great read.
Thanks beautiful sister

Rachelleundrgrd said:

I love everything about this. 🙏🏽🙏🏽

Thank you both. xo  Have you ladies read Oriah Mountain Dreamer's "The Invitation", which inspired this? Just in case you haven't:

The Invitation

It doesn't interest me what you do for a living. I want to know what you ache for and if you dare to dream of meeting your heart's longing.

It doesn't interest me how old you are. I want to know if you will risk looking like a fool for love, for your dream, for the adventure of being alive.

It doesn't interest me what planets are squaring your moon. I want to know if you have touched the center of your own sorrow, if you have been opened by life's betrayals or have become shriveled and closed from fear of further pain.

I want to know if you can sit with pain, mine or your own, without moving to hide it, or fade it, or fix it.

I want to know if you can be with joy, mine or your own; if you can dance with wildness and let the ecstasy fill you to the tips of your fingers and toes without cautioning us to be careful, be realistic, remember the limitations of being human.

It doesn't interest me if the story you are telling me is true. I want to know if you can disappoint another to be true to yourself. If you can bear the accusation of betrayal and not betray your own soul. If you can be faithless and therefore trustworthy.

I want to know if you can see Beauty even when it is not pretty every day. And if you can source your own life from its presence.

I want to know if you can live with failure, yours and mine, and still stand at the edge of the lake and shout to the silver of the full moon, 'Yes.'

It doesn't interest me to know where you live or how much money you have. I want to know if you can get up after the night of grief and despair, weary and bruised to the bone and do what needs to be done to feed the children.

It doesn't interest me who you know or how you came to be here. I want to know if you will stand in the center of the fire with me and not shrink back.

It doesn't interest me where or what or with whom you have studied. I want to know what sustains you from the inside when all else falls away.

I want to know if you can be alone with yourself and if you truly like the company you keep in the empty moments.

~

Beautiful day all! xo

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
LunaGreyhawk
Dangerous Mind
United States 17awards
Joined 8th July 2019
Forum Posts: 890

Ahavati said:

Thank you both. xo  Have you ladies read Oriah Mountain Dreamer's "The Invitation", which inspired this? Just in case you haven't:

The Invitation

It doesn't interest me what you do for a living. I want to know what you ache for and if you dare to dream of meeting your heart's longing.

It doesn't interest me how old you are. I want to know if you will risk looking like a fool for love, for your dream, for the adventure of being alive.

It doesn't interest me what planets are squaring your moon. I want to know if you have touched the center of your own sorrow, if you have been opened by life's betrayals or have become shriveled and closed from fear of further pain.

I want to know if you can sit with pain, mine or your own, without moving to hide it, or fade it, or fix it.

I want to know if you can be with joy, mine or your own; if you can dance with wildness and let the ecstasy fill you to the tips of your fingers and toes without cautioning us to be careful, be realistic, remember the limitations of being human.

It doesn't interest me if the story you are telling me is true. I want to know if you can disappoint another to be true to yourself. If you can bear the accusation of betrayal and not betray your own soul. If you can be faithless and therefore trustworthy.

I want to know if you can see Beauty even when it is not pretty every day. And if you can source your own life from its presence.

I want to know if you can live with failure, yours and mine, and still stand at the edge of the lake and shout to the silver of the full moon, 'Yes.'

It doesn't interest me to know where you live or how much money you have. I want to know if you can get up after the night of grief and despair, weary and bruised to the bone and do what needs to be done to feed the children.

It doesn't interest me who you know or how you came to be here. I want to know if you will stand in the center of the fire with me and not shrink back.

It doesn't interest me where or what or with whom you have studied. I want to know what sustains you from the inside when all else falls away.

I want to know if you can be alone with yourself and if you truly like the company you keep in the empty moments.

~

Beautiful day all! xo

Everything about this speaks to me today.  Thank you so much for sharing it XO

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

I'm happy it resonated. Anyone who knows me knows that I love all things handmade above bought any day. But what I love even more are things handmade from nature. I received an unexpected and beautiful gift from a friend in Pine, AZ, of a Navajo ghost bead necklace ( made from Juniper berries ) this morning ( along with a gorgeous amethyst, lavender seeds, and an entry piece of selenite for above my doorway ( clearing and good vibes ). She handpicked the berries herself.

Navajo ghost beads are one of the most enduring traditions of the Navajo. Even a brief introduction into the meaning of and significance behind these beads provides a wealth of interesting information.

According to Navajo legend, the ghost bead would keep you protected from evil spirits. They are also use to ward off bad dreams and all other forms of negativity.  The Navajo use ghost beads for all types of protection and to promote a feeling of safety, especially in children and during child birth.

I'll be adding a special amulet to the necklace. This is just one reason I miss the southwest. There is so much ancient magic there.

Valeriyabeyond
Dhyana
Dangerous Mind
3awards
Joined 3rd May 2020
Forum Posts: 2668

I have been studying Cartomancy
The Square of Seven by E Stevenson
Transcribed by Ruth Hart
A Project Gutenberg book

The formula is fascinating
I did a reading for a friend and she says it was pretty accurate

Anyone have any experience with Cartomancy ?

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

I've heard of it but never personally studied it, Val. It's just not on my radar as of now.

Kou_Indigo
Karam L. Parveen-Ashton
Tyrant of Words
United States 69awards
Joined 15th Sep 2011
Forum Posts: 2796

Ahavati said:I'm happy it resonated. Anyone who knows me knows that I love all things handmade above bought any day. But what I love even more are things handmade from nature. I received an unexpected and beautiful gift from a friend in Pine, AZ, of a Navajo ghost bead necklace ( made from Juniper berries ) this morning ( along with a gorgeous amethyst, lavender seeds, and an entry piece of selenite for above my doorway ( clearing and good vibes ). She handpicked the berries herself.

Navajo ghost beads are one of the most enduring traditions of the Navajo. Even a brief introduction into the meaning of and significance behind these beads provides a wealth of interesting information.

According to Navajo legend, the ghost bead would keep you protected from evil spirits. They are also use to ward off bad dreams and all other forms of negativity.  The Navajo use ghost beads for all types of protection and to promote a feeling of safety, especially in children and during child birth.

I'll be adding a special amulet to the necklace. This is just one reason I miss the southwest. There is so much ancient magic there.

I quite agree about handmade things holding a great deal of magic within them... perhaps more than most people even realize. When I crafted my magic wands, years ago... I went to some deep woods at a local park near where I used to live, back when I still lived out east. I took someone who used to be my apprentice (I've had several over the years) up there and we looked for any pieces of wood that could be used for the creation of a magic wand. I told her that the best of all was that which could be found within a certain type of ring of mushrooms called a "Faerie Ring" and sure enough as we went along we found such a ring (around sunset, a very auspicious time) and inside of it was a piece of wood exactly of the right length and shape to craft a wand from. That became my very first wand... I took it home, shaved all of the bark off of it until it was nice and smooth, and then I washed it in water that I had consecrated and blessed. I decorated it with yellow ribbons that were highly symbolic in my particular mystical path, and mounted a clear crystal into the top of it using black cords. Then I placed it upon the altar of my shrine to "charge" with mystical energy. Every since that day, it has been the wand I have used in all of my magical workings and it has proven to possess the required magic indeed! The second wand I made, which had passed down to all my apprentices since, I found in other "Faerie Rings", and I crafted it to have a very different appearance... but it holds the same magic within it.  I know many Witches and Warlocks who like to buy wands at magic shops and such, but for myself I believe that the crafting of one's wand is a rite of passage that should never be ignored since it helps to connect one to the earth and to the gods that much more closely. And, it honors an ancient tradition that I have always felt should never be lost too.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

A wonderful share, Kou. Nature gifts us beauties when we pay attention.

I have some divine faery rings in my front yard; I need to try and shoot them early in the morning, but I've always more or less just honored their space.

Go to page:
Go to: