Dangerous Mind
3awards
Joined 3rd May 2020
Forum Posts: 2668

Blackwolf said:

I think you need to read this , Val...

And understand those same people have not only discriminated
against blacks , but Native Americans in Portland , long before the
reported 1800's , when they were first recorded...

You may know of ***modern*** groups , but you
apparently do not know Oregon's history...

Best to you...check out the article

https://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2016/07/racist-history-portland/492035/

Ok listen, nowhere did I claim to be in support of these groups.
Or any groups that claim white purity

I have lived in Portland, Albany, and Beaverton a total of 5 years
I know the ins and outs of the Three Sisters Area and have friends in Eugene and Medford
My Russian aquaintences are white collar syndicate they are not skinheads or anything like the others

I know the history of racism in Oregon and of the day the Natives ran them out

I am not ignorant of the goings on in the Pacific Northwest
I shouldn't have said anything if I had known you would have become so defensive I would not have said anything

My beef was with your response to Ahavati's post on the success of the Indigenous in the NorthWest
This thread was created to celebrate all indigenous triumphantly
Which is exactly what her post did
Your rebuttal started with a hearty Yahoo then went on to speak negativity into the story followed by a hopeful high five

I would rather not speak life into the negativity
Words are powerful to give racism any mention within the positivity is breathing life into their thoughts

I would like to start over and will be removing my posts after you read this
I want this thread to be specific

Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Tyrant of Words
13awards
Joined 31st Mar 2018
Forum Posts: 3572

"I know the history of racism in Oregon and of the day the Natives ran them out"

Still racist , Val...

Do as you will , I am not backing down...

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14621

Co-authors and siblings, Keith Egawa, left, and Chenoa Egawa. PHOTO FROM NORTH ATLANTIC BOOKS

Native Family Values: Writing “The Whale Child”

Once upon a time, a child is born into love, beauty, and balance. But an existential threat looms, and the child has to go out into the world to meet it. Along the way, the child is transformed, and in some ways, the world changes, too.

That’s the basic story arc of The Whale Child (North Atlantic Books, 2020), a children’s book by brother-and-sister team Keith and Chenoa Egawa. It’s a universal structure, comforting and familiar in its timelessness. But in other ways, this illustrated book for 7-12 year olds is something new. In drawing from their Lummi and S’Klallam background, the Egawas bring a Native perspective that is relatively new to inclusion in children’s book publishing. And the story they tell, about the threat to Earth from pollution and global warming, is the most urgent issue of our time.

[ . . . ]

https://www.yesmagazine.org/environment/2020/12/23/native-family-values-whale-child/?fbclid=IwAR1yD10fksYxNODb9hY7xK2vZJYPZXfio4iqmWk05IS7VJAbHvUIKBUE8aU

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Navajo designer aims to spark revolution in shoe industry

Dewayne Dale hopes to change the way people view footwear

https://www.daily-times.com/story/news/local/navajo-nation/2021/01/02/new-trail-shoe-designed-dewayne-dale-due-release-march-navajo/4108510001/

They're gorgeous! I want to pre order!

Take back the moccasin!

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5573

Ahavati said:Navajo designer aims to spark revolution in shoe industry

Dewayne Dale hopes to change the way people view footwear

https://www.daily-times.com/story/news/local/navajo-nation/2021/01/02/new-trail-shoe-designed-dewayne-dale-due-release-march-navajo/4108510001/

They're gorgeous! I want to pre order!

Take back the moccasin!

He is Navajo of the Red Running into Water Clan, born for the Water's Edge Clan.

He should have named the shoes Water Moccasins!

Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Tyrant of Words
13awards
Joined 31st Mar 2018

I know why they / he chose to offer...

Yet I wish they offered Black totally , including slide...

Just my color...

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

This 13-Year-Old Indigenous Girl Has Been Nominated for a Global Peace Prize

Peltier has been recognized internationally for her work. In 2015, she was invited to the Children's Climate Conference in Sweden.

Autumn Peltier already has years of advocacy behind her. She’s met the prime minister, she’s attended the Assembly of First Nations Annual General Assembly and she’s marched on the highway in the name of water protection. At just 13 years old, Peltier is now a nominee for the International Children’s Peace Prize.

The 151 nominees for the International Children’s Peace Prize were recently announced and the only Canadian candidate is this Anishinaabe teen from Wikwemikong First Nation.

Peltier has been advocating for clean drinking water since she was about 8 years old and is already considered a water protector — just like her aunt Josephine Mandamin, who received the Lieutenant Governor's Ontario Heritage Award for Excellence in Conservation in 2016.

Launched in 2005, the International Children's Peace Prize is awarded to a child who has worked to improve children’s lives around the world.

The point of the conference was gather children from 32 countries to draft their demands to the leaders of the world. The communique was then delivered to the 2015 United Nations Climate Change Conference in Paris.

http://www.whitewolfpack.com/2017/10/this-13-year-old-indigenous-girl-has.html?fbclid=IwAR2Kjsrn4Vx0_SW08sAGUTLfVC3UuXDEw-k7RHx08LOUl86wNVL40kR0Tl8

Valeriyabeyond
Dhyana
Dangerous Mind
3awards
Joined 3rd May 2020
Forum Posts: 2668

Ahavati said:This 13-Year-Old Indigenous Girl Has Been Nominated for a Global Peace Prize

Peltier has been recognized internationally for her work. In 2015, she was invited to the Children's Climate Conference in Sweden.

Autumn Peltier already has years of advocacy behind her. She’s met the prime minister, she’s attended the Assembly of First Nations Annual General Assembly and she’s marched on the highway in the name of water protection. At just 13 years old, Peltier is now a nominee for the International Children’s Peace Prize.

The 151 nominees for the International Children’s Peace Prize were recently announced and the only Canadian candidate is this Anishinaabe teen from Wikwemikong First Nation.

Peltier has been advocating for clean drinking water since she was about 8 years old and is already considered a water protector — just like her aunt Josephine Mandamin, who received the Lieutenant Governor's Ontario Heritage Award for Excellence in Conservation in 2016.

Launched in 2005, the International Children's Peace Prize is awarded to a child who has worked to improve children’s lives around the world.

The point of the conference was gather children from 32 countries to draft their demands to the leaders of the world. The communique was then delivered to the 2015 United Nations Climate Change Conference in Paris.

http://www.whitewolfpack.com/2017/10/this-13-year-old-indigenous-girl-has.html?fbclid=IwAR2Kjsrn4Vx0_SW08sAGUTLfVC3UuXDEw-k7RHx08LOUl86wNVL40kR0Tl8
[lol]

My spirit jumped clean out of my skin when I read this
I am filled with joy
Thank you Ahavati

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Georgene Louis Hopes to Continue Deb Haaland’s Legacy in Congress

Georgene Louis is a member of the Acoma Pueblo, a single mother, an ultra marathon runner, a lawyer, and, for some, a flicker of hope for Indigenous people and beyond.

At the heels of Rep. Deb Haaland’s nomination to Interior Secretary — a historic pick by President Joe Biden that would make Haaland the first Native American to be named to a Cabinet post in U.S. history — Louis, a five-term New Mexico state representative, announced she would run to fill Haaland’s vacating seat on Jan. 4. The state lawmaker joins three other Democrats who have filed for candidacy, including Rep. Melanie Stansbury and Senator Antoinette Sedillo Lopez, and Albuquerque attorney Randi McGinn. Louis is the only Native candidate.

[ . . . ]

https://nativenewsonline.net/currents/georgene-louis-hopes-to-continue-deb-haaland-s-legacy-in-congress?fbclid=IwAR07yidVuxH2WmEmU-A-MlcZFKx-lk1DIoj2g5dUnD1AoCHSXVheR5mwH7U

Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Tyrant of Words
13awards
Joined 31st Mar 2018

Is she somehow related to Leonard Peltier ?

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Blackwolf said:Is she somehow related to Leonard Peltier ?

I have no idea, Blackwolf. Is't he Chippewa?

Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Tyrant of Words
13awards
Joined 31st Mar 2018

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Blackwolf said:Well , I checked Today...

Here is a wonderful answer from her...

https://www.facebook.com/Waterwarrior1/posts/i-often-get-asked-if-im-related-to-leonard-peltier-even-if-im-not-blood-related-/696178294206732/

Totally agree with her. The indigenous culture needs to be protected against assimilation into another's. If America is to be a melting pot, then allow it to be such without restriction on tribal beliefs.

Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Tyrant of Words
13awards
Joined 31st Mar 2018

And , as I posted before , somewhere on this site ,
I was living in a lodge ( "teepee" ) in the mountains
outside Santa Cruz , Ca , in 1979 , when my friends
who I had lived with in the desert of Arizona , came
and picked me up , and we traveled to San Francisco...

I had no idea why , and they would not tell me...

We ended up at a house , and went in...

Turned out , it was the A.I.M. house stronghold
of that city , and I met everyone , including leaders...

I slept in the van we came in that night , with a
wonderful lady , the next day , still not fully knowing
what was up , they woke us up before dawn , and
drove to the ferry to Alcatraz...

It was a huge crowd of Native peoples , Tibetan
monks in full garb , and many other races , all
waiting for the ferry , to take us to the island...

The Natives had drums , and gourds rattling ,
the Tibetans , had long horns , and chimes ,
and bowls , and were chanting , in overtone...

And this continued on the way to Alcatraz on
the ferry...it was unreal , yet so right...

We arrived , and journeyed to the top...

Native chiefs in full garb spoke , then Tibetans ,
as we were in circle...then the ceremony began...

One Native chief , began the ceremony , and as
the Natives , and Tibetans , stood , and circled
the center , the elder , went through the crowd ,
and chose a small group of others , to enter the
pipe ceremony in the center...

I , for which I shall be eternally grateful , was
somehow chosen , and taken to the center...

We stood , and the chief offered prayers ,
and then the sacred pipe was passed around
those in the center , myself included...

We were shown how to hold it , turn it , in
ceremony , and we spoke certain blessing words...

The feeling of everything , was not of *this* world...

After the pipe blessing , the ceremony soon ended...

Yet the elder came to me , and said one *very* powerful sentence to me :

"You shall stand with us in our final days"

I now know what he meant...and that changed my life ,
as I now was given Spider Woman's gift of the first tongue ,
the language of Creation , which shall be spoken into the
Universe again...

And once again , the People , shall be renewed , and strong !

( This was in 1979 )

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Aho

Welcome Age of Aquarius. ❤

Go to page:
Go to: