Go to page:

A Murder of Hornets Too + other crimes against poetry sites

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
20awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 3538


It would be wise to browse the recently deceased due to its life support plug being pulled Part 1 @  
https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/forum/speakeasy/read/11395/

^ This way you will get a sense of which DUP members will provide you with a worthwhile exchange of information and lively debate or are likely to have Head Lice.

Please use this thread to discuss Murder Hornets, Puss Capatillers, and anything else insect related, especially if it is fucking weird.

You are also encouraged to exercise YOUR freedom of speech by shrieking like a little schoolgirl should you encounter a hairy spider. Yes, that was sexist.
Bite me, Asian Lady Beetles.

I promise no one will be bug-bombed and forcefully ushered away while the Webmiss poses in a beekeeper's outfit in front of a church for a photo opp.

However, behavior of an inflammatory nature requiring Epinephrin will not be tolerated, nor stinging retaliations to such.

THREAD GUIDELINEZ

Share up to 2 poems about insects per day written by anyone, including yourself and your alts. This is the only rule you are being asked to follow.

PLEASE adhere to the Forum Guidelines by simply being civil. Here are some tips to maintain healthy discussion and/or debate, and to keep this thread from spiraling like a one wing-ed dragonfly into chaos and thus an early grave.

If you must defend your position on an issue, support your opinions with links to fact based articles and perhaps quotes from these - as opposed to Mimic-ing opinion based editorials. < movie reference gone over your head

Say it once. - don't keep repeating the same thing over and over as if this was a street rally of mindless crickets. It's not.

Should someone make unsubstantiated claims about you, ignore them - but do report any remarks that have overstepped into the realm of personal attack / character assassination. Flyswatters are at the ready.

Should someone make unsubstantiated claims about a group or movement you are invested in, do your best to ignore them when it is obvious the remarks are merely for the sake of garnering attention. Don't let them have the satisfaction of getting under your exoskeleton.

Should someone paraphrase or quote your words out of context for the sake of irritating you into engaging them, ignore them instead - but be sure to sigh, roll yours eyes in exasperation, and slap away at pretend mosquitos landing on you.

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
20awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 3538

The Murder Hornets Are About to Start Murdering

Just like the coronavirus, murder hornets sure haven’t gone away. And they are about to start their “slaughter phase” if their nests aren’t located and destroyed in time.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2020/10/murder-hornets-slaughter-phase-washington-state.html

Murder hornets have been spotted six times in Washington state over the past two weeks, bringing the total number of sightings or captures in the U.S. to 12. On Sept. 21, a family in Whatcom County, Washington, found the first hornet in a paper wasp nest in their home, then deployed a citizen trap where they caught a second and third. The fourth hornet was found dead in a streetlamp by a Washington State Department of Agriculture spokesperson. The fifth was photographed by a doorbell camera, and the sixth was found dead on a porch.


JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
20awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 3538


The Governor of Washington State has just issued a mandate declaring all of its citizens must wear masks to prevent the spread of Rhymes Disease.

Similar to Lymes disease often contracted from Tick bites, this strain causes its victims to break out into poetic fits of narcissistic rage from the perspective of a rapping insect.



Magnetron
Magnetron
Fire of Insight
United States
6awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th July 2014
Forum Posts: 429

There's A Bug In Your Software

 
You might look upon me like I'm a tiny bug  
I maybe short, but I'm a lyrical thug    
That's right, Bitch    
I'm Billy the Bedbug    
What's up?    
Look down    
I'm here on the rug    
Here to object to the lack of respect    
as you piss me off---    
diss, dodge, and deflect    
Make others feel small    
Build yourself ten feet tall    
Big fuckin deal    
I scuttle myself up the wall    
Look you straight in the eyes    
This forced perspective of mine    
forces you to realize    
this silly emphasizing of size    
as if height somehow matters    
To be reckoned with    
I'm the force that'll wreck ya---    
shatter your perceptions    
leave your ego in tatters    
Who in the room can spit a jam like me?    
Certainly not you, Fool    
thinking you can outdo    
the rappin arachnoid known as  
Bedbug Billy?  
   
 
Written by Magnetron
Go To Page  

LunaGreyhawk
LunaGreyhawk
Fire of Insight
United States
5awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 8th July 2019
Forum Posts: 270

Honeybee Haiku

summer’s honeybee  
nose dusted bright with pollen
a sweet courier
Written by LunaGreyhawk
Go To Page  


I’m following the rule to the letter here, but I needed an excuse to write tonight.  Honeybees aren’t weird, but their depleting numbers is scary as hell.  

PsycoticMastermind
PsycoticMastermind
Thought Provoker
United States
2awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 198

LunaGreyhawk said:I’m following the rule to the letter here, but I needed an excuse to write tonight.  Honeybees aren’t weird, but their depleting numbers is scary as hell.  

Your poetic offering and overall concern for the honeybee's welfare is well appreciated in these uncertain times. Though Murder Hornets are mainly an Internet novelty and fodder for tabloid blogs these days, they are not to be taken too lightly.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asian_giant_hornet

The hornets can devastate a colony of honey bees, especially if it is the introduced western honey bee; a single hornet can kill as many as 40 bees per minute due to its large mandibles, which can quickly strike and decapitate prey. The honey bees' stings are ineffective because the hornets are five times their size and heavily armored. Only a few hornets (under 50) can exterminate a colony of tens of thousands of bees in a few hours.


In 2013, stings by Asian giant hornets killed 41 people and injured more than 1,600 people in Shaanxi, China.

Fatalities from envenomation are primarily related to anaphylactic shock or cardiac arrest. Deaths have occurred as a result of multiple organ failure, typically after a large number of stings.



PsycoticMastermind
PsycoticMastermind
Thought Provoker
United States
2awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 198

Drone Strike 1

     
Poetry should be fun  
        
---a mischievous grinning        
before the middle finger giving       
in the face of assembly line factory        
literary society has become of late        
Weigh the sting of sarcasm by the ton;        
rate this efficiently deficient combination        
winning at failing to maintain steady pace        
in the three-legged race you and I have run        
lagging behind with feet dragging out of sight        
while in my mind, I'm freely streaking naked        
under a sun so warm it bakes this skin of mine        
---alive as busy workers buzzing toil and thrive        
somewhere in Imagination's corrugated hive        
Can't stand your idle dronings any longer;       
no time to linger  
 
Hear my thoughts swarm      
       
       
My thoughts swarm      
       
       
My thoughts      
     
     
swarm    













^ hive shaped poem



 
Written by PsycoticMastermind
Go To Page  

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
91awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 7899

Oopsie!

Scientists Lose Giant Asian 'Murder Hornet' After It Escapes From Captivity

Checking the news in 2020 is a bit like reading the first few pages of a horror movie script every morning. A virus raged halfway around the world at the tail-end of winter, mummies tombs are being popped open, and now the murder hornets have escaped. Washington-based researchers reported they have lost track of a Giant Asian Hornet they were following, after its tracker stopped responding.

The hornet was one of several captured by researchers at Washington State Department of Agriculture, who were hoping to track the invasive and ornery bug back to its nest and destroy it. The largest known species of hornet in the world packs a painful sting, though humans deaths from attacks are rare. Scientists are more concerned about the Pacific Northwest’s honeybee population, which could be wiped out quickly by a large enough population of hornets and wreak havoc on the agricultural industry.

The hornet in question was the second to give researchers the slip. Their first attempt at tracking a hornet back to its hive ended after the glued-on tracker came loose. They tried again with dental floss on this most recent attempt, but the receiver went dead after the hornet flew into a thicket. They reported some progress from the failed attempt, however.

“We did get an initial direction of the flight," WSDA Managing Entomologist Sven Spichiger told The Independent. "[But] this one was a lot feistier".

[ . . . ]

https://news.yahoo.com/scientists-lose-giant-asian-murder-185929838.html

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
20awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 3538

Ahavati said:Oopsie!

Scientists Lose Giant Asian 'Murder Hornet' After It Escapes From Captivity

Checking the news in 2020 is a bit like reading the first few pages of a horror movie script every morning. A virus raged halfway around the world at the tail-end of winter, mummies tombs are being popped open, and now the murder hornets have escaped. Washington-based researchers reported they have lost track of a Giant Asian Hornet they were following, after its tracker stopped responding.

The hornet was one of several captured by researchers at Washington State Department of Agriculture, who were hoping to track the invasive and ornery bug back to its nest and destroy it. The largest known species of hornet in the world packs a painful sting, though humans deaths from attacks are rare. Scientists are more concerned about the Pacific Northwest’s honeybee population, which could be wiped out quickly by a large enough population of hornets and wreak havoc on the agricultural industry.

The hornet in question was the second to give researchers the slip. Their first attempt at tracking a hornet back to its hive ended after the glued-on tracker came loose. They tried again with dental floss on this most recent attempt, but the receiver went dead after the hornet flew into a thicket. They reported some progress from the failed attempt, however.

“We did get an initial direction of the flight," WSDA Managing Entomologist Sven Spichiger told The Independent. "[But] this one was a lot feistier".

[ . . . ]

https://news.yahoo.com/scientists-lose-giant-asian-murder-185929838.html


That just blows my mind for 3 reasons.

A, with video cameras and other survelliance tech so miniaturized these days, we can't build a miniature harness?

B, destroying them instead of shipping them back overseas seems wrong, especially when as reported in the previous thread insect venom could be used for other purposes such as curing breast cancer, while some cultures would probably eat them as a delicacy or a rich protien source.

C, somebody would be crazy enough to keep them as pets. Until of course they get flushed into the sewer and crawl out of other peoples' toilets.

Bluevelvete
Bluevelvete
Dangerous Mind
United States
9awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 21st July 2020
Forum Posts: 877

...

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
91awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 7899

JohnnyBlaze said:

That just blows my mind for 3 reasons.

A, with video cameras and other survelliance tech so miniaturized these days, we can't build a miniature harness?

B, destroying them instead of shipping them back overseas seems wrong, especially when as reported in the previous thread insect venom could be used for other purposes such as curing breast cancer, while some cultures would probably eat them as a delicacy or a rich protien source.

C, somebody would be crazy enough to keep them as pets. Until of course they get flushed into the sewer and crawl out of other peoples' toilets.


It's a movie waiting to happen! Title it!

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
20awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 3538

Ahavati said:

It's a movie waiting to happen! Title it!


Heck, I'll even write the screenplay in poem format!

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
91awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 7899

JohnnyBlaze said:

Heck, I'll even write the screenplay in poem format!


The Escape of the Murder Hornet

Emergence of the Murder Hornet

Or, more simple-

The Murder Hornet ( Like 'The Hand' or 'The Creature from the Black Lagoon' )

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
20awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 3538

Ahavati said:

The Escape of the Murder Hornet

Emergence of the Murder Hornet

Or, more simple-

The Murder Hornet ( Like 'The Hand' or 'The Creature from the Black Lagoon' )


I can just picture the movie poster: a swarm unleashed when a manhole cover is opened in the middle of New York.

Blackwolf
Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Tyrant of Words
11awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 31st Mar 2018
Forum Posts: 2883

JohnnyBlaze said:

Heck, I'll even write the screenplay in poem format!


Ah , The Sting Of The Word , Unheard

Not A Buzz Yet A Drone , Woven In Wings

In Rapt Attack Not Content To Leave Alone ,

So Hive Mind Killing Things Death Is Slyly Sown !

Go to page:
Go to: