Umm
Umm
Dangerous Mind
Latvia
1awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 6th Dec 2015
Forum Posts: 2196

Northern_Soul said:

Yíknow Hubs and I were discussing our camping photographs from a few summers ago today. We mentioned how appealing it all looked when youíre locked down and canít go anywhere.

Needless to say I canít wait to get in the car and drive a long way againó thatís what I crave most of all. Your photo just reminded me of how much I look forward to that day, looking toward the future 🥰

Iíve had a good day today. Crafting. Finishing a video for a spoken word. Re-watching Orange Is The New Black from the beginning. 😊

Thank you Missy 🤗

.. It's so great to hear from you, and am really glad that you had such a peaceful, and what sounds like, a productive day <3

..& mhm, I can definitely relate to that sense of yearning

It's nearly mind boggling how much things have changed in this past year. Like.. I never thought that wearing a mask would become so casual for me, at first it was a lot to get used to.

Hopefully things start looking up soon <3

Umm
Umm
Dangerous Mind
Latvia
Joined 6th Dec 2015

AaronBraveHeart said:I feel happy.

<3

Umm
Umm
Dangerous Mind
Latvia
Joined 6th Dec 2015

My day has been very quiet yet again. Have been focusing a lot on art and listening to an awesome audio book 🎧💖

edit: ...added a bird sketch/study (from a painting)

Hope you all have a wonderful evening ☺️

Northern_Soul
Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Twisted Dreamer
United Kingdom
  profile   poems   message
Joined 10th Jan 2021
Forum Posts: 116

Umm said:
It's nearly mind boggling how much things have changed in this past year. Like.. I never thought that wearing a mask would become so casual for me, at first it was a lot to get used to.

Iím feeling this. I have this little silicone cage thing that sits under the mask against my face, as Iím asthmatic and it makes breathing a lot easier. I joke itís like wearing a muzzle but even that has become like second nature. Itís a lot less claustrophobic than trying to wear a mask at the beginning.

I spent todayís lockdown day number 237,423 sorting and alphabetising my now obscenely large herb collection. (Not that kind of herb... the forage on walks and dry out to make teas and tinctures kind...)

The organiser in me is happy theyíre now all in order and uniform.

Amorous_tryst
Amorous_tryst
Dangerous Mind
United States
16awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 12th June 2017
Forum Posts: 936

Northern_Soul said:

Iím feeling this. I have this little silicone cage thing that sits under the mask against my face, as Iím asthmatic and it makes breathing a lot easier. I joke itís like wearing a muzzle but even that has become like second nature. Itís a lot less claustrophobic than trying to wear a mask at the beginning.

Hi Missy
I'd like to know what this silicone "muzzle" looks like and where one might be purchased. I have the same problem with mask wearing and the hubby would be thankful the muzzle at times.
Possibly a pic if you can, it would be appreciated.

Enjoy your teas.

Northern_Soul
Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Twisted Dreamer
United Kingdom
  profile   poems   message
Joined 10th Jan 2021
Forum Posts: 116

Amorous_tryst said:

Hi Missy
I'd like to know what this silicone "muzzle" looks like and where one might be purchased. I have the same problem with mask wearing and the hubby would be thankful the muzzle at times.
Possibly a pic if you can, it would be appreciated.

Enjoy your teas.

Here ya go

So you literally just slip it under your mask and because itís domed, it creates more breathing space between your face and the mask. It certainly helps me and my asthma and I donít feel like Iím sucking in cloth all the time. I believe I got mine on Amazon. Pack of 5 of them was about a fiver, so relatively inexpensive and the pack of 5 allows me to rotate and clean them daily. Just search ďmask insertĒ or ďmask bracketĒ or something like that.

Iíve seen some 3D printer guys making them as well to distribute to NHS workers who have to wear masks a long time also, so thereís plenty knocking about.

Hope this helps :)

Umm
Umm
Dangerous Mind
Latvia
Joined 6th Dec 2015

The mask thingy is pretty neat,.. Thank you for sharing that Missy <3
I have a hard time breathing with the masks I have as well,.. had no idea something like this existed c:

Umm
Umm
Dangerous Mind
Latvia
Joined 6th Dec 2015

Northern_Soul said:

I spent todayís lockdown day number 237,423 sorting and alphabetising my now obscenely large herb collection. (Not that kind of herb... the forage on walks and dry out to make teas and tinctures kind...)

The organiser in me is happy theyíre now all in order and uniform.

That's great! XD

.. Don't know much about herbs tbh, but I'm glad you got them all organized, seems like a time consuming process...but also sounds kinda relaxing. (I like organizing things, sorting cabinets and supplies, files, making lists, etc.) 🙈😄

Umm
Umm
Dangerous Mind
Latvia
Joined 6th Dec 2015

Bit of art🌷💖
.. Some old sketches I've been editing c:

.. Lovely evening everyone <3

Magdalena
Magdalena
Tyrant of Words
Wales
60awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 21st Apr 2012
Forum Posts: 2867

I don't know how long it is going to be before my works are allowed to open back up, but I'm really really ready to go back now. Doing fine nonetheless, I find other things to occupy my time.

Your horses are always my favourite Umm. <3

Umm
Umm
Dangerous Mind
Latvia
Joined 6th Dec 2015

Mags! <333

Thank you ^~^
.. I'm glad you like them, I have lots and lots of horse art xD

..fingers crossed that your work does open back up soon <3

Umm
Umm
Dangerous Mind
Latvia
Joined 6th Dec 2015

It is super cold, yet beautiful here,.. I ended up going for a walk this afternoon, and then had to go to a pet supplies store. Feel plesently tired ☺️😌

Umm
Umm
Dangerous Mind
Latvia
Joined 6th Dec 2015

A bit of art ☀️🌷

Umm
Umm
Dangerous Mind
Latvia