Magdalena
Magdalena
Tyrant of Words
Wales
60awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 21st Apr 2012
Forum Posts: 2864

Umm said:That sounds nice as well <3
Im actually about to go sledding today, will take some photos to post here later, (wish we could post videos) 😆

Anyways, I hope you have a wonderful day Mags, and maybe some snow soon enough 🤞💕

We may get some snow. I've not done sledging since I was in my teens. Have fun and look forward to the pics.

lepperochan
lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
66awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 13844

Magdalena said:

I could actually be related to that old Welsh witch you know. I know of the curse of the Irish that dates back to the 1700's and all of them fairies, banshees and leprechauns.

Did you know that "Rhiannon" in Welsh mythology in the Mabinogion is a horse Goddess? She is also an inspiring figure to invoke for poets, artists and singers. Some years ago, I stayed at my friend's house in Chepstow. I slept in her daughter's bedroom which had a skylight and a window that looked out onto a church and old cemetery. I dreamt that night and remembered every detail of the dream. A voice told me I was going to die, in the dream, I was on foot when a white van reversed out of a parking space and didn't see me. It hit me, I died and then I was a different person, on a grey horse with long hair. I woke feeling peaceful rather than afraid. I told my friend and she laughed, because she always laughed at my "weird" as she called it. I read Mabinogion after that, so the dream wasn't from anything I had read or saw on TV.  I wrote a poem about the dream and posted it here on the DU. I had a mass deletion of my poems a few years back, so I don't know what happened to it.  

Theres a great Irish mythology of the three tribes : Tuath Dannan, Fir bog, and the other one I cant remember

that's where the fairies and leprechauns came from initially

Is why I really dont like St Patrick's day (Welsh connection there too)

In my opinion he destroyed the Irish culture for Rome. The snakes he 'drove to the sea' were the pagans and druids who were massacred in the name of christianity.

I was soooooo happy the day was cancelled last year

...that's a bit of a mad dream. dunno about weird  , I do know dreams like that can set ones humour for some days.  that said, a decent experiance I'd imagine

Magdalena
Magdalena
Tyrant of Words
Wales
Joined 21st Apr 2012

lepperochan said:

Theres a great Irish mythology of the three tribes : Tuath Dannan, Fir bog, and the other one I cant remember

that's where the fairies and leprechauns came from initially

Is why I really dont like St Patrick's day (Welsh connection there too)

In my opinion he destroyed the Irish culture for Rome. The snakes he 'drove to the sea' were the pagans and druids who were massacred in the name of christianity.

I was soooooo happy the day was cancelled last year

...that's a bit of a mad dream. dunno about weird  , I do know dreams like that can set ones humour for some days.  that said, a decent experiance I'd imagine

I feel much the same about Christianity as I do about the Government.

Myself and my friends humour is pretty warped when we get together anyway. It's not unusual for us to be creased over laughing and everyone else just not getting the joke.

Umm
Umm
Dangerous Mind
Latvia
1awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 6th Dec 2015
Forum Posts: 2196

Seems like you have a group of awesome friends (^ those sound like the best moments) 😁

And glad to hear you might be getting some snow ❄️💕

@lepp, thank you c:
(about what you said on the other page,.. appreciate the compliment)

Umm
Umm
Dangerous Mind
Latvia
Joined 6th Dec 2015

Had a really nice time - was quite cold out tho ❄️

Hope everyone has a relaxing evening

<3

Magdalena
Magdalena
Tyrant of Words
Wales
Joined 21st Apr 2012

Umm said:Had a really nice time - was quite cold out tho ❄️

Hope everyone has a relaxing evening

<3

Amazing pictures, but does look very cold.

Umm
Umm
Dangerous Mind
Latvia
Joined 6th Dec 2015

Thanks,... And yeah, it was + the sun wasn't out today xD

Umm
Umm
Dangerous Mind
Latvia
Joined 6th Dec 2015

Today's task is to finish editing my art photos, have about 30 left 🙈
.. And perhaps finish up some digital art

Hope everyone has a lovely day ☀️💐

Magdalena
Magdalena
Tyrant of Words
Wales
Joined 21st Apr 2012

Umm said:Today's task is to finish editing my art photos, have about 30 left 🙈
.. And perhaps finish up some digital art

Hope everyone has a lovely day ☀️💐

Have a lovely day Umm.

I'm going to spend some of my day mixing more oils. I don't want "smells nice" I want "smells amazing"

Umm
Umm
Dangerous Mind
Latvia
Joined 6th Dec 2015

Thank you <3

And Ooh.. That's a great goal - I'm sure you'll do amazing ☺️💕

Umm
Umm
Dangerous Mind
Latvia
Joined 6th Dec 2015

In the process of digitally editing/changing some of my landscape paintings,..  (pretty much just experimenting with stuff 😄) .. Still a few things I need to do tho before I can feel like they're done

Anyways,.. Hope everyone had a great weekend <3

☀️☀️☀️

Magdalena
Magdalena
Tyrant of Words
Wales
Joined 21st Apr 2012

Umm said:In the process of digitally editing/changing some of my landscape paintings,..  (pretty much just experimenting with stuff 😄) .. Still a few things I need to do tho before I can feel like they're done

Anyways,.. Hope everyone had a great weekend <3

☀️☀️☀️

Lovely Landscapes. Hope you're enjoying your day Umm. It's raining and windy here and makes me think of mother nature. I love learning the mechanics behind weather patterns.

Umm
Umm
Dangerous Mind
Latvia
Joined 6th Dec 2015

That's a lovely poem & design <3
..and thank you Mags, my day was quite nice,.. nothing out of the ordinary, but I feel very content atm ☺️

Hope you have a wonderful evening & day tomorrow ☀️🌷

.. I'm absolutely clueless about weather mechanics & patterns ,.. Aside from the basics 🙈😆
That said,.. there's probably tons of interesting info available on that subject, so I can definitely see the appeal c:

Umm
Umm
Dangerous Mind
Latvia
Joined 6th Dec 2015

Meadow 🌿
From the summer of 2019

Northern_Soul
Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Twisted Dreamer
United Kingdom
  profile   poems   message
Joined 10th Jan 2021
Forum Posts: 115

Umm said:Meadow 🌿
From the summer of 2019

Yíknow Hubs and I were discussing our camping photographs from a few summers ago today. We mentioned how appealing it all looked when youíre locked down and canít go anywhere.

Needless to say I canít wait to get in the car and drive a long way againó thatís what I crave most of all. Your photo just reminded me of how much I look forward to that day, looking toward the future 🥰

Iíve had a good day today. Crafting. Finishing a video for a spoken word. Re-watching Orange Is The New Black from the beginning. 😊

Go to page:
Go to: