Ask the person below you a question

anna_grin
anna_grin
ilchruthach
Dangerous Mind
15awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 24th Mar 2013
Forum Posts: 3124

Northern_Soul said:I have this habit of going out on walks with my phone and I take photographs of all the things that I find out in the wild. Itís calming, brings me great enjoyment, and is totally free. So yeah I guess. Of sorts.

Liquorice. Yay or nay?

actual licorice, deliciously bitter. aniseed flavouring, meh. itís okay but it tastes ersatz.

does anything keep you up at night?

Northern_Soul
Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom
2awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 10th Jan 2021
Forum Posts: 795

Everything and nothing. As close to the answer to that as I can pinpoint.

What is your favourite music video?

anna_grin
anna_grin
ilchruthach
Dangerous Mind
Joined 24th Mar 2013

Northern_Soul said:Everything and nothing. As close to the answer to that as I can pinpoint.

What is your favourite music video?

couldnít answer this question and went away intending to find out. I rarely watch music videos anymore to be honest, but my latest favourite would be black truck by mereba.

what instruments can you play, and what would you like to learn? i used to have a childhood fantasy of playing the harp and was crushed when I found out they cost upwards of two hundred quid. also Iíve got clumsy fingers

Northern_Soul
Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom
Joined 10th Jan 2021

anna_grin said:

couldnít answer this question and went away intending to find out. I rarely watch music videos anymore to be honest, but my latest favourite would be black truck by mereba.

what instruments can you play, and what would you like to learn? i used to have a childhood fantasy of playing the harp and was crushed when I found out they cost upwards of two hundred quid. also Iíve got clumsy fingers

The shorter list is instruments I donít play / own...  

I currently have on the go a piano, three guitars, 2 violins (one electric, one acoustic), a flute, an Irish flute, Chinese flute, a clarinet, a cello, a ukulele, a mandolin, a full sized set of panpipes, harmonicas, a piano accordion, a hang drum, tin whistles, bodhrŠn, a didgeridoo, bagpipes, all sorts of djembes and hand drums, a lute, a full sized glockenspiel.... oh and a viking signal horn I carved and made myself.

I think thatís it. Possibly.

What I would love to add is a hurdy gurdy... but youíre talking serious dollah 🙂

(Also my hand lute is a two octave 18 stringer... paid about £30 second hand. Very much like a harp. May be a cheaper option to make the harp dream a little more affordable 👌🏻)

What do you do thatís creative away from poetry?

anna_grin
anna_grin
ilchruthach
Dangerous Mind
Joined 24th Mar 2013

Northern_Soul said:

The shorter list is instruments I donít play / own...  

I currently have on the go a piano, three guitars, 2 violins (one electric, one acoustic), a flute, an Irish flute, Chinese flute, a clarinet, a cello, a full sized set of panpipes, harmonicas, a piano accordion, a hang drum, tin whistles, bodhrŠn, a didgeridoo, bagpipes, all sorts of djembes and hand drums, a lute, a full sized glockenspiel.... oh and a viking signal horn I carved and made myself.

I think thatís it. Possibly.

What I would love to add is a hurdy gurdy 🙂

What do you do thatís creative away from poetry?

my god woman
i envy that talent

i do a lot of sitting around these days, but i do love to create in the more fine art sphere on an exhibition / installation scale rather than paint on canvas. im convinced i can paint well, but only if im bothered, and i havenít had a compelling artistic reason so far to hone my skill. likewise i can draw, but havenít done so seriously since gcse art.

i also keep a witch-book which i refuse to refer to as a ďbook of shadowsĒ because of the immediate association with Wicca which I am not. but itís basically the same thing. it doesnít contain elaborate spells so much as folk cures, history, local plants, celebration rites etc.

this question is actually a point of frustration with me as I donít have the space or the freedom to create as i would like, as Iím living now

i forgot the question whatís your spiritual leaning?

Northern_Soul
Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom
Joined 10th Jan 2021

I practice an eclectic mix of Druidry and Green witchcraft. Which I affectionately call DruidCraft. I am not affiliated with any coven, but I am a member of OBOD (the order of bards, Ovates and Druids). I prefer to be solitary.

I also have such a book. Itís my grimoire. Just seasonal observations, my work with herbs, learnings, sketches, recipes, and folk cures.

I prefer saying grimoire because historically the word refers to esoteric texts, where as yes, book of shadows leans more towards Wicca and thatís not what I do.

Have you ever had a paranormal experience?

anna_grin
anna_grin
ilchruthach
Dangerous Mind
Joined 24th Mar 2013

Northern_Soul said:I practice an eclectic mix of Druidry and Green witchcraft. Which I affectionately call DruidCraft. I am not affiliated with any coven, but I am a member of OBOD (the order of bards, Ovates and Druids). I prefer to be solitary.

I also have such a book. Itís my grimoire. Just seasonal observations, my work with herbs, learnings, sketches, recipes, and folk cures.

I prefer saying grimoire because historically the word refers to esoteric texts, where as yes, book of shadows leans more towards Wicca and thatís not what I do.

Have you ever had a paranormal experience?

yes, Iím not comfortable with grimoire for myself either just cos it sounds un earthen, uh whatís the word, you know, not for the common people type thing.

i have, once, but itís not really an exciting story: it was Halloween and in the graveyard i saw a solid shadow, like a Peter Pan void, sprinting between grave markers with inhuman speed. i donít know what it was and Iíve never found anyone who could tell me.

go on then give us your ghost stories

Grace
Grace
Idryad
Guardian of Shadows
111awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 25th Aug 2011
Forum Posts: 14840

Yes I do...

What was the most interesting encounter you had with a total stranger?

anna_grin
anna_grin
ilchruthach
Dangerous Mind
Joined 24th Mar 2013

sorry grace i was taking my time there
next person pick whichever question you like?

Northern_Soul
Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom
Joined 10th Jan 2021

I was at a shamanic drumming circle a few years back. It was held in the function room of a spiritualist chapel. So we were drumming and first of all I swear down something pulled on the pocket of the back of my jeans. I didnít even say anything and the group facilitator (sheís a very talented medium) stopped and said there was a man beside me. And then I got swiped across the cheek.

Shook me up pretty bad. I had to leave.

I remember telling all this to Souladareatease at the time (god bless him) and sent him the photo of my face where two very definitive red scratch marks stayed across my cheek for a good few days. That was pretty wild.

Iíve had lots. Things in the house just fly off shelves all the time. Lights and appliances turn themselves off. The kettle boils by itself. I have rather a large collection of photos Iíve caught of figures in the trees. A great one on Pendle Hill of a child in bare feet. Thatís before I even get on to all the other weird shit that happens which Iím not gonna share.

Itís a wild ride.

You?

poet Anonymous

I have ghost story experiences, but too long to put here. Great topic for speak easy though.

I will ask the same question as Grace.

What was the most interesting encounter you had with a total stranger?

Phantom2426
Phantom2426
Francisco J Vera
Tyrant of Words
United States
17awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 25th Jan 2020
Forum Posts: 2691

A long time ago I gave a ride to a hot woman to her friend's house.

What is the craziest thing you have ever done?

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Umm
Umm
Dangerous Mind
Latvia
1awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 6th Dec 2015
Forum Posts: 2271

Oof. Lots of stuff I suppose. Anything from someone putting Nutella in the fridge to people treating others or animals unjustly. What ruffles my feathers the mostest and gets me really emotional tho are men I've been with,.. When they say one thing and do something else or do not keep their word.

Favorite snack atm? 🧁🥐

anna_grin
anna_grin
ilchruthach
Dangerous Mind
Joined 24th Mar 2013

Umm said:Oof. Lots of stuff I suppose. Anything from someone putting Nutella in the fridge to people treating others or animals unjustly. What ruffles my feathers the mostest and gets me really emotional tho are men I've been with,.. When they say one thing and do something else or do not keep their word.

Favorite snack atm? 🧁🥐

ginger biscuits, to settle my stomach

are you cold? im cold

Go to page:
Go to: