Content Warning : Do you want to continue?
This forum post contains content which some readers may find disturbing.
It is unsuitable for children or anyone who is easily offended.
YES
I am over 18 years old, I have been warned and I still want to read this forum post.
NO
I don't want to read this type of content, take me back to the previous page.
Go to page:

How is your day? No Topic

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5572

Ahavati said:Blustery and rainy are words of the day here. We are directly in the path of Hurricane Zeta ( albeit now classified a tropical storm moving across land ). We are experiencing wind gusts up to 25 mph, and by this afternoon are told could be up to 60 mph. Got plenty of candles and perishables in case we lose power, which is highly anticipated.

My heart goes out to the gulf coast and the loss they are experiencing there. They've been hit hard and back-to-back with two additional hurricanes and two tropical storms this year.

Praying your power holds and that you all stay safe. 🙏❤

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14145

JohnnyBlaze said:

Praying your power holds and that you all stay safe. 🙏❤

Thanks. It's flickering now, so that's not typically a good sign!

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

My day is going just swell so far. My sinus pills I ordered ended up Fed X'd to Limbo. I hid some guns from someone who professes to be suicidal before his return home from the hospital. And my German Shepherd was having a seizure as I walked back in my house.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Lawd. Sounds like anything but a 'Thankful Thursday' to me. I have one parcel missing that was delivered to the wrong address. The post office is attempting to recover that one. And, I have another one which is three days late floating around somewhere in Illinois. It's crazy with the post office. I guess to Fed Ex too.

I am sorry about your puppy and hope she's okay. xo

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Ahavati said:Lawd. Sounds like anything but a 'Thankful Thursday' to me. I have one parcel missing that was delivered to the wrong address. The post office is attempting to recover that one. And, I have another one which is three days late floating around somewhere in Illinois. It's crazy with the post office. I guess to Fed Ex too.

I am sorry about your puppy and hope she's okay. xo

It must be all the fake early mail in votes by the damn Demo'crazies overwhelming the postal system.

Yep, she's back to her slug self and chilling on the sofa. I feel it was an allergic reaction to too many treats. Her body normally tolerates the brand I give her, so I guess I have to be more sparing with them. Thank you. xo

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

JohnnyBlaze said:

It must be all the fake early mail in votes by the damn Demo'crazies overwhelming the postal system.

Yep, she's back to her slug self and chilling on the sofa. I feel it was an allergic reaction to too many treats. Her body normally tolerates the brand I give her, so I guess I have to be more sparing with them. Thank you. xo

Glad your puppy is okay.

I've got another parcel supposedly arriving tomorrow for an upcoming class next week—I can only HOPE it shows up in time. I have never known the post office to be this discombobulated!

Phantom2426
Francisco J Vera
Tyrant of Words
United States 21awards
Joined 25th Jan 2020
Forum Posts: 5200

Hope everyone stay safe today.

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Ooops ... lost my compass ... wrong thread .....

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Ahavati said:

Glad your puppy is okay.

I've got another parcel supposedly arriving tomorrow for an upcoming class next week—I can only HOPE it shows up in time. I have never known the post office to be this discombobulated!

I HOPE what I mailed you shows up.

poet Anonymous

Just a man on an aeroplane, that keeps coming in and telling everyone to have fun, during all the chaos and panic.
# aeroplane film

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

JohnnyBlaze said:

I HOPE what I mailed you shows up.

At this point, I'm expecting the the best but preparing for the worst. The one package has been in Illinois for five days now. . .supposedly in transit to its * next * destination.

And, well, the other. . .apparently the wrong recipient doesn't want to give it up! I wouldn't mess with the post office right now if I were them . . .

I doubt the third will be here tomorrow, or even in time for my class next week. . .and yours, if it's going through Illinois. . .well. .  .

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Ahavati said:

At this point, I'm expecting the the best but preparing for the worst. The one package has been in Illinois for five days now. . .supposedly in transit to its * next * destination.

And, well, the other. . .apparently the wrong recipient doesn't want to give it up! I wouldn't mess with the post office right now if I were them . . .

I doubt the third will be here tomorrow, or even in time for my class next week. . .and yours, if it's going through Illinois. . .well. .  .

Gawd. I should have gone with the carrier pigeons.

poet Anonymous

For the last few hours, I’ve been wanting to do a parody of 50 Cents candy shop.
All I’ve got so far, is buy crates from the shandy shop
and an anorexic sister having a poo in the bin

Effort of course is not being put to DU anymore, just real bad drafts

Phantom2426
Francisco J Vera
Tyrant of Words
United States 21awards
Joined 25th Jan 2020
Forum Posts: 5200

Keep on going you get there.  Candy shop is a great song.

poet Anonymous

What does BLM stand for?
Hundreds of thumbs up says Biden’s Laptop Matters
Got a microwave meal
and still got through a cook book
frustration like an iPhone putting out when I wanted to put put
How do you make an object float?
By saying “When cardigan said I’m over.”
Saw a photo
of an old man’s nephew
reminding his Uncle he hadn’t cleared his history search
nothing wrong with looking at jugs you put water in