1337y2k
1337y2k
Twisted Dreamer
Italy
  profile   poems   message
Joined 28th Aug 2020
Forum Posts: 88

Layla said:My day was productive.
But today I decided that some of the blankets and pillows could be in better use if I gave it to the homeless on the streets.

Give them money or socks or toothbrush. More useful. And rain poncho. If they buy drugs, it is because the addiction and the cold plus addiction kill, that's why many of them drink or do drugs. Having an addiction kills on the streets. A tent would be nice, but don't give too much, or they might rob or kill each other to get stuffs. Most of them just want someone to talk with. Tampons for females and plastic bottles for water. If you live in the USA I don't know how it works, meds and first aid are usually given by medics in the EU.

I did it in real for years, if you do not believe me you can read something here.

https://www.therighttoshower.com/make-difference/what-do-people-experiencing-homelessness-need-most-besides-shelter

Valeriyabeyond
Valeriyabeyond
Valeriya
Dangerous Mind
3awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 3rd May 2020
Forum Posts: 1785

Ahavati said:

Ohhh Val! Do you make pottery?

Grateful for the rain out there.

Yes I do
We haven't had enough rain to dig it out of the ground Looking forward to creating again
Monsoon is during the summer but it didn't rain at all.

Valeriyabeyond
Valeriyabeyond
Valeriya
Dangerous Mind
Joined 3rd May 2020

1337y2k said:

Give them money or socks or toothbrush. More useful. And rain poncho. If they buy drugs, it is because the addiction and the cold plus addiction kill, that's why many of them drink or do drugs. Having an addiction kills on the streets. A tent would be nice, but don't give too much, or they might rob or kill each other to get stuffs. Most of them just want someone to talk with. Tampons for females and plastic bottles for water. If you live in the USA I don't know how it works, meds and first aid are usually given by medics in the EU.

I did it in real for years, if you do not believe me you can read something here.

https://www.therighttoshower.com/make-difference/what-do-people-experiencing-homelessness-need-most-besides-shelter

Layla already has the blankets she doesn't need to purchase them like she would have to with the other items
It is a very thoughtful gesture on her part
I have been homeless
I lived on the street in Calif. It's rough it's harsh and lonely a blanket would have been wonderful

1337y2k
1337y2k
Twisted Dreamer
Italy
Joined 28th Aug 2020
Forum Posts: 88

Valeriyabeyond said:

Layla already has the blankets she doesn't need to purchase them like she would have to with the other items
It is a very thoughtful gesture on her part
I have been homeless
I lived on the street in Calif. It's rough it's harsh and lonely a blanket would have been wonderful

How did you survive that? I was close to poverty and it wasn't really nice. I did work with homeless for 5 years, my job was not to provide shelters, but something else I can't say. It's not some kind of secret, but details must be avoided. So sometimes, they directly told us what they needed. But as I have said, I do not know how it works in the USA, you got 500k homeless there before the COVID-19, in Italy 50k of them, now there are indeed more.

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
91awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 7889

Mine has been lovely so far. A very crisp, Autumnal morning with steaming tea and poetry. I was reading earlier and the prism from my crystal fell across the page right on the image's face. That was an unexpected blessing.

Valeriyabeyond
Valeriyabeyond
Valeriya
Dangerous Mind
Joined 3rd May 2020

1337y2k said:

How did you survive that? I was close to poverty and it wasn't really nice. I did work with homeless for 5 years, my job was not to provide shelters, but something else I can't say. It's not some kind of secret, but details must be avoided. So sometimes, they directly told us what they needed. But as I have said, I do not know how it works in the USA, you got 500k homeless there before the COVID-19, in Italy 50k of them, now there are indeed more.

You have a big heart
You sound as if what you did made a big difference in how you viewed the situation.  That is very admirable
My story is many faceted
I was making over 100k a year before I became homeless.  With love and determination I survived

Valeriyabeyond
Valeriyabeyond
Valeriya
Dangerous Mind
Joined 3rd May 2020

I had a lovely visitor this morning made my day he had his baby with him I couldn't get a pic I will keep trying
The baby couldn't have been more than two days old

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 11th Apr 2015

How very lovely! I love those kinds of visitors!

dustyJournals
dustyJournals
Fire of Insight
Joined 23rd May 2020
Forum Posts: 1329

dustyJournals
dustyJournals
Fire of Insight
Joined 23rd May 2020

dustyJournals
dustyJournals
Fire of Insight
Joined 23rd May 2020

dustyJournals
dustyJournals
Fire of Insight
Joined 23rd May 2020

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Today has been tough for me. This whole week has been tough, especially for my niece and brother. My family has lost grandparents, parents, aunts, and uncles; however, we have never lost a sibling, cousin, or, God forbid, a child until this week, when my 14 year old great-nephew, Carson, was found dead on his bedroom floor. We won't know anything until the medical examiner's report; however, he was complaining of a mild headache the night before.
They suspect it was an aneurysm.

People, you just never know.

Valeriyabeyond
Valeriyabeyond
Valeriya
Dangerous Mind
Joined 3rd May 2020

Ahavati said:Today has been tough for me. This whole week has been tough, especially for my niece and brother. My family has lost grandparents, parents, aunts, and uncles; however, we have never lost a sibling, cousin, or, God forbid, a child until this week, when my 14 year old great-nephew, Carson, was found dead on his bedroom floor. We won't know anything until the medical examiner's report; however, he was complaining of a mild headache the night before.
They suspect it was an aneurysm.

People, you just never know.

Oh Ahavati
What sorrowful news
I am deeply sorry for your loss
Times like these you can say all sorts of heartfelt things to the family who has lost a loved one but their is no beauty in any of the words

Silence is best
I will post

dustyJournals
dustyJournals
Fire of Insight
Joined 23rd May 2020

Go to page:
Go to: