It's coming!!

Very nice, Rabbit!

Now I'm craving blackberry cobbler!

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14654

In Bacoli, Italy, there is a wild fig tree that grows upside down. It is located in the vault of ancient Roman baths, within the archaeological complex of Baia. Initially the tree grew above the vault, but since the roots compromised the structure, it was decided to cut the trunk. After a short time the roots that hung from the ceiling of the vault began to mutate, turning into branches.  The tree still produces fruit.  🙃💚😍

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5573

^ A great metaphor for resiliance and overcoming limitations.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

There are no plants in this photo.

Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Tyrant of Words
13awards
Joined 31st Mar 2018
Forum Posts: 3572

Dis Guise / Dese Guys

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

The Japanese have been producing wood for 700 years without cutting down trees. In the 14th century, the extraordinary daisugi technique was born in Japan. Indeed, the daisugi provide that these trees will be planted for future generations and not be cut down but pruned as if they were giant bonsai trees; by applying this technique to cedars, the wood that can be obtained is uniform, straight and without knots, practically perfect for construction. A pruning as a rule of art that allows the tree to grow and germinate while using its wood, without ever cutting it down.

Extraordinary technique. (Quote from Mary Conceicao Coelho)

We need to be more like the Japanese. Moreover, we need to farm hemp!

LOL @ Blackwolf!

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Photographer Laura Rowe captured the picture of a lifetime with this fantastic shot of a mature supercell thunderstorm, illuminated at varying heights from the setting sun.

I just finished a discussion with a friend about Haiti, Afghanistan, and Cuba. So many suffering in the world. If America thinks it's exempt from the decisions of Mother Nature, it's got a surprise coming. We've been experiencing extreme heat to unexpected microbursts here. I pray for all.

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5573

Ahavati said:Photographer Laura Rowe captured the picture of a lifetime with this fantastic shot of a mature supercell thunderstorm, illuminated at varying heights from the setting sun.

I just finished a discussion with a friend about Haiti, Afghanistan, and Cuba. So many suffering in the world. If America thinks it's exempt from the decisions of Mother Nature, it's got a surprise coming. We've been experiencing extreme heat to unexpected microbursts here. I pray for all.

Just ... wow.

Between the extreme weather, lunatic politicians, and the next Covid variant - America might not even exist in a few hundred years. My hope is that the indigenous peoples reclaim the land and reinstitute simpler ways of living.  

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

🌕❤😊

Go to page:
Go to: