Forum Posts: 14145

Inside a hydrangea. xo

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5572

Ahavati said:Inside a hydrangea. xo

I thought perhaps it was a scene from a James Cameron movie!

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

JohnnyBlaze said:

I thought perhaps it was a scene from a James Cameron movie!

How is yours doing? I bet it's huge now!

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Ahavati said:

How is yours doing? I bet it's huge now!

It's still alive, which is saying a lot for sandy soiled Wisconsin, aside from having narrowly avoiding being trampled by escaped cows several times now. But it's slow growing, only about a foot and a half tall so far. It's on a hill mostly comprised of clay, so it may be a few years before it amounts to something camera worthy.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

JohnnyBlaze said:

It's still alive, which is saying a lot for sandy soiled Wisconsin, aside from having narrowly avoiding being trampled by escaped cows several times now. But it's slow growing, only about a foot and a half tall so far. It's on a hill mostly comprised of clay, so it may be a few years before it amounts to something camera worthy.

You should feed it miracle grow at least once a week! You can purchase the green stakes and push them directly into their roots.

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Ahavati said:

You should feed it miracle grow at least once a week! You can purchase the green stakes and push them directly into their roots.

It definitely needs a kick in the ass. But so do I when it comes to ( barely ) keeping up with the yardwork.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

JohnnyBlaze said:

It definitely needs a kick in the ass. But so do I when it comes to ( barely ) keeping up with the yardwork.

You can do eeet!

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Ahavati said:

You can do eeet!

At least I'm successfully growing some hair back on the little Westie I inherited!  Everything but the hair on her head and neck fell out as a side effect of the allergy medicines she was taking. Gawd. A few weeks after I put a stop to that, it started coming back in.

If you like having hair, avoid long term antihistamine use like over the counter Zyrtec and such!

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

JohnnyBlaze said:

At least I'm successfully growing some hair back on the little Westie I inherited!  Everything but the hair on her head and neck fell out as a side effect of the allergy medicines she was taking. Gawd. A few weeks after I put a stop to that, it started coming back in.

If you like having hair, avoid long term antihistamine use like over the counter Zyrtec and such!

[ inserts Capone's 'Oh no oh no no no' chorus here ]!!!

Are Natural Antihistamines the Best Treatments for Allergies?

In my experience ( as well as studies ), the answer is a resounding yes.

https://www.thehealthyrd.com/are-natural-antihistamines-the-best-treatment-for-allergies/

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Ahavati said:

In my experience ( as well as studies ), the answer is a resounding yes.

https://www.thehealthyrd.com/are-natural-antihistamines-the-best-treatment-for-allergies/

Yesss! I'm sold. If it weren't for those supplements you recommended, I'd be completely incapacitated all year round. And this link you posted is a treasure trove of worthwhile knowledge.

I think the Westie's original problem was fleas and she was misdiagnosed. Her initial owners were going to have her euthanized at about age 6 rather than pay for monthly allergy medicine! Thankfully they were convinced to surrender her to a shelter instead.

Then after she was adopted, she spent the next 5 years taking Apoquel and steroids for the supposed allergies and suffered partial hair loss. In an effort to save money, the owner experimented with Clariton and Zyrtec, and the hair loss worsened.

These days if she has any itches, I just rub on Herbal Skin Ointment and WALLA all gone!  

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Bless! I hope you get it sorted. It's so sad when an animal suffers. 🙏💙🐕

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

When it's NOT your day to die. . .

Photographer Angus James was fortunate enough to capture this shot. He said: "As I was pulling my lure from the fish to release back into the water I noticed two little eyes looking back at me from inside the fish's mouth. After capturing this picture, the little green tree frog leaped straight past my head onto the nearest tree. It was one of the coolest things I have seen in my life! This is one lucky frog!"

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Ahavati said:When it's NOT your day to die. . .

Photographer Angus James was fortunate enough to capture this shot. He said: "As I was pulling my lure from the fish to release back into the water I noticed two little eyes looking back at me from inside the fish's mouth. After capturing this picture, the little green tree frog leaped straight past my head onto the nearest tree. It was one of the coolest things I have seen in my life! This is one lucky frog!"

Brings new meaning to the phrase, Had a frog in my throat.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

The exact moment lightening hit a tree.

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Ahavati said:The exact moment lightening hit a tree.

Holy smoking oaks.

Go to page:
Go to: