Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14631

. . . .

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5573

Ahavati said:These are amazing images from the Body Painting Festival in Equatorial Guinea ☺️

BIG LIKES

Love body painting. I doubt I could sit there for the hours necessary while it was being applied, so much respect for the patience involved as well.  

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

JohnnyBlaze said:

BIG LIKES

Love body painting. I doubt I could sit there for the hours necessary while it was being applied, so much respect for the patience involved as well.  

A bit off the beaten path, but amazing talent nonetheless.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Conjunction junction, what's your function?!

Conjunction between Moon, Mercury, and Venus
Credit: Betul Turksoy
Date: 13th May 2021

inechoingsilence
Thought Provoker
United States 4awards
Joined 17th Apr 2019
Forum Posts: 317

Everyone's photos are STUNNING! I am not surprised - the world around us is a potentially huge source of inspiration.  

This is my photo - I've been going on forest walks and I saw this bird at the edge of the lake, just standing there. I tried to move a little closer, and it started to fly away.

Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 40awards
Joined 2nd Feb 2017
Forum Posts: 1748

inechoingsilence said:Everyone's photos are STUNNING! I am not surprised - the world around us is a potentially huge source of inspiration.  

This is my photo - I've been going on forest walks and I saw this bird at the edge of the lake, just standing there. I tried to move a little closer, and it started to fly away.

Well done for capturing a bird in mid-flight. Nice.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

inechoingsilence said:Everyone's photos are STUNNING! I am not surprised - the world around us is a potentially huge source of inspiration.  

Very nice! Live bodies of water and the wildlife that frequents it!

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Just. . . Spring, by gosh!  

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5573

Ahavati said:Just. . . Spring, by gosh!  

Now THAT would make for an awesomely challenging 1,000 piece jigsaw puzzle. 🍁

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

JohnnyBlaze said:

Now THAT would make for an awesomely challenging 1,000 piece jigsaw puzzle. 🍁

Oh sheesh!

Razzerleaf
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 26awards
Joined 15th Sep 2019
Forum Posts: 516

I would buy that jigsaw, what a lovely picture.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Orbs. There's something so magical about this photograph.

Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 40awards
Joined 2nd Feb 2017
Forum Posts: 1748

Ahavati said:Orbs. There's something so magical about this photograph.

You're not kidding - magical indeed.. How do orbs show up on a photo? (or have they been 'added'?). I'm curious.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Josh said:

You're not kidding - magical indeed.. How do orbs show up on a photo? (or have they been 'added'?). I'm curious.

Firstly, NO, this is in no way a manipulated photo; it's completely natural. Secondly, there are many different opinions as to how orbs show up on photos. Sometimes they're considered len's flares from sun reflections ( and they are ); at others, an unexplained phenomenon ( and they are ). In this instance, the lake ( one of the largest in the world ) was having a rough go that day; this photo extends what would normally be considered lens flares, being the sun was barely out. On the contrary, it was a very cold, windy, and grey day with fast moving clouds.

They're not water spots either. Nor are they dust rings. They're simply unexplained phenomenon that many would consider emanations of spirit beings. As a former professional photographer, I pretty much know the difference in a lens flare and spirit orb. They are very real; and I have captured many, as well as Dryads and actual ghosts, which have been confirmed by newspaper sources who examined the photos for manipulation. One in particular of a murder victim from 1974. The ghost looked just like her last photograph taken in high school.

One night I opened my eyes and there were multiple colored orbs rotating above me; I turned my head and there was a very large green orb and slowly floated through the door as I watch it, which the smaller, multicolored orbs slowly dissipated through the wall.

Those who believe and are connected to the spirit world are more apt to see them. Actually, many who aren't see them, but dismiss them as something else: Lens flare, dust particle, etc. And in some cases, that is the case. But in others, not so much.

Hope that helps.

Go to page:
Go to: