JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
20awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5005

Josh said:

Thank you for the reminders.
Two days later here it it is (already thinking how to improve it .... aaargghh)

You can can give it a weekly theme by using eraseable markers.

Josh
Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Portugal
35awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 2nd Feb 2017
Forum Posts: 947

JohnnyBlaze said:

You can can give it a weekly theme by using eraseable markers.

... if only I were an accomplished draughtsman fiddling with a pencil instead of a hammer-nail-wood DIY guy making real stuff  

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
101awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 10360

Valeriyabeyond said:Rainbow near the Colorado River
Color enhanced

Beautiful image, Val!

Josh said:

Thank you for the reminder.
Two days later here it it is (already thinking how to improve it .... aaargghh)

{a poem covering the making and build will be forthcoming and show lots of pics with an audio-vid}

That is an amazing accomplishment, Josh!

Josh said:Some flowers in the garden which I found growing on the driveway last year. Replanted them in a flowerbed - and here they are again. Amazing resilience, beauty and life-force - a true inspiration. They've multiplied too.

Yes; that is a true testament to the power of nature despite man! They are beautiful too!

Josh
Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Portugal
35awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 2nd Feb 2017
Forum Posts: 947

Valeriyabeyond said:Rainbow near the Colorado River
Color enhanced

That looks surreal, beautiful, and full of nature's power Valeria. Great.

summultima
summultima
uma
Dangerous Mind
India
34awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 3rd Feb 2012
Forum Posts: 1283

bright morning du.zzz 🌞 macro shot of a tiny bluish purple  Asiatic Dayflower.. from our terrace gardens...  of a skullbursting 😇🤪 recent march day .

a common weed, perhaps an introduced one...  but nostalgic of childhood summer vacation🌄🌞 days..when our nomadic gang roams off the streets .. relishing the soursweet raw green mango slices sprinkled in salt & chili powder😋 catapult- hunting the ripen tamarind to spongy pink camachile fruity pods.. to drinking in the flower bearing~ pillowy boaty sheaths of this Asiatic Dayflower filled in with lil viscous clear waters.. like clear honey ..worth of quenching thirsts of little busy curious explorers in great thirst::)

image is lil constrast  adjusted & highlighted.. & moble shot.sp the resolutions may not be crystal clear pixels ..

btw, could you spot the traffic of red ants in & off the inflorescence.. which is botanically called cicinnus ..( plu: cincinni) .quote unique as the flower itself💐

excuse my blabberations.. hav a great day & its already my fav season of  summer happening here..shooting 40 deg c already 🌞🙏✍️🔥

summultima
summultima
uma
Dangerous Mind
India
Joined 3rd Feb 2012

awwe would quikly add in some 2-3  macro & lil contrast-adjusted screenshots of .. light n lights n lights ... of the nights of waving in theatric flash lights.. of the bituminous  grainy illumine shine of a memory~ laden glassy windows in traverse:)

been here in this thread after long.so excuse this spree;)  

summultima
summultima
uma
Dangerous Mind
India
Joined 3rd Feb 2012

light #2 electrically bluing in..

summultima
summultima
uma
Dangerous Mind
India
Joined 3rd Feb 2012

light #3  molten strings of blood

RiAN
RiAN
Fire of Insight
Norway
10awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 16th June 2020
Forum Posts: 517

summultima said:bright morning du.zzz 🌞 macro shot of a tiny bluish purple  Asiatic Dayflower.. from our terrace gardens...  of a skullbursting 😇🤪 recent march day .

a common weed, perhaps an introduced one...  but nostalgic of childhood summer vacation🌄🌞 days..when our nomadic gang roams off the streets .. relishing the soursweet raw green mango slices sprinkled in salt & chili powder😋 catapult- hunting the ripen tamarind to spongy pink camachile fruity pods.. to drinking in the flower bearing~ pillowy boaty sheaths of this Asiatic Dayflower filled in with lil viscous clear waters.. like clear honey ..worth of quenching thirsts of little busy curious explorers in great thirst::)

image is lil constrast  adjusted & highlighted.. & moble shot.sp the resolutions may not be crystal clear pixels ..

btw, could you spot the traffic of red ants in & off the inflorescence.. which is botanically called cicinnus ..( plu: cincinni) .quote unique as the flower itself💐

excuse my blabberations.. hav a great day & its already my fav season of  summer happening here..shooting 40 deg c already 🌞🙏✍️🔥

//////////////////////////////////////////

That image is just so intensely alluring and enticingly beautiful Uma.
I would love to visit your country some day and smell these exotic flowers.
I imagine India being filled with sighs from the senses in both bright and darker ways. i wished i could cultivate exotic flowers here in my own garden

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 11th Apr 2015

What a beautiful thing to wake up to, Uma! xo Thank you for sharing. I agree with RiAN! One of my favorite books is the Hidden Beauty of India! I would love for you to share more about your country in words, pictures, and beliefs here and in the Meditation thread! xo

Kou_Indigo
Kou_Indigo
Kara Lucielle Pythiana
Dangerous Mind
United States
61awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 15th Sep 2011
Forum Posts: 2542

This is a photo that I took when some friends and I went on a trip to Stanley Park in Westfield Massachusetts back in the summer of 2014. We took a lot of photos that day, but this one really struck me because we were trying to get a good picture of this golden angel statue up on a tall white column... and this beautiful, bright (yet colorful at the same time, almost rainbow-like) shaft of sunlight shone down right as we were taking the picture. I decided to keep it, rather than to try for another shot... because the resulting photo just had this otherworldly vibe to it, like as if some heavenly, divine presence was making itself known at that moment. It was just the uncanny timing of everything. To this day, I find that image to be very beautiful, serene, and inspiring to look at.

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Kou_Indigo said:This is a photo that I took when some friends and I went on a trip to Stanley Park in Westfield Massachusetts back in the summer of 2014. We took a lot of photos that day, but this one really struck me because we were trying to get a good picture of this golden angel statue up on a tall white column... and this beautiful, bright (yet colorful at the same time, almost rainbow-like) shaft of sunlight shone down right as we were taking the picture. I decided to keep it, rather than to try for another shot... because the resulting photo just had this otherworldly vibe to it, like as if some heavenly, divine presence was making itself known at that moment. It was just the uncanny timing of everything. To this day, I find that image to be very beautiful, serene, and inspiring to look at.

Spiritually atmospheric shot there. There are actually figures in the light before the monument, if you can see that sort of thing. One is a man and the other a young woman. She is in a long black mourning dress and veil, and her hands are clasped in front of her; not in prayer, but relaxed.

Kou_Indigo
Kou_Indigo
Kara Lucielle Pythiana
Dangerous Mind
United States
61awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 15th Sep 2011
Forum Posts: 2542

Ahavati said:

Spiritually atmospheric shot there. There are actually figures in the light before the monument, if you can see that sort of thing. One is a man and the other a young woman. She is in a long black mourning dress and veil, and her hands are clasped in front of her; not in prayer, but relaxed.

I definitely can see the figures you are talking about... and some others as well, although some of them are less human in nature, more like beings of light and shadow. Interestingly, the woman in black sounds a lot like Lilith, a woman I met and fell in love with back when I was sixteen, who died several years later of dreadful complications brought about by her having suffered from Lupus disease. She always wore all black, and sometimes dressed in very old fashioned style clothing... though she was also fond of the Gothic Lolita style too. I saw her spirit in my apartment just earlier tonight, in fact... she seems to follow me about everywhere I go, ever since she died. I guess it is one of those love being eternal kinds of things. I never mind it though, but rather I find it extremely comforting that she does this. The man in the image... he reminds me strongly of an angel I saw in a dream I had recently, who told me that it was not yet my time to be reunited with Lilith but that when the time was right I would indeed be. So, I believe that is who those two individuals in the picture are... Lilith and the male angel. It reminds me of an interesting spiritual truth that I learned a long, long time ago... how not all angels have wings, and those who do have only either wings of light, of shadow, or of flame. Interestingly... my most recent apprentice, Zoey, swore when we were out walking one night that she could feel the flapping of wings behind my back, and when she blinked she said she saw wings made of light emerging from my back. I asked her how many, and she said there were at least six wings. Conversely, during many intense out of body experiences I have had, I saw... in various reflective surfaces... black wings of shadow (indeed, six wings) emerging from my back, but they had cores of light within the shadow so that it seemed like the shadow was there so that the light would not blind whoever looked upon it. Kind of like a protective covering, of sorts. Some people have, over the years, said they believe me to be some sort of angelic being in a human form... from what I have come to understand of such matter, six wings is usually a trait of a Seraphim, an Angel whose element is mostly fire. Sometimes, my body does seem to heat up extremely, and Zoey always worries about me when that happens, but then I cool right down and am alright after that. That has happened to me occasionally all throughout my whole life, so I cannot deny that this does seem to indicate a Seraphic nature. Which would explain why, my whole life, I have had this strong desire to help others... and why it was I was drawn to a spiritual, mystical path in life to begin with. I would wager that a lot of people who walk this earth are probably also embodied Angels, many of whom just have not awakened to their true nature yet. I have had a couple of such awakenings over the years... though I've written about them more extensively in many of my writings. But in any case... everyone possesses light and shadow in equal measure whatever they may be otherwise. What defines us, is what we choose to do with it! *Smiles*

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Thank you for the affirmation, Kou, and for sharing. I always hesitate to mention otherworldly presences due to emotions, namely fear, they could possibly invoke in others.  I do wish everyone understood their own power and how to utilize it in the freewill zone we reside in.

We truly are so much more than this house of flesh.

nomoth
nomoth
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom
11awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 24th Mar 2019
Forum Posts: 441

Gonna post some Sally Mann. This place needs some

Go to page:
Go to: