Inspiring Images

Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 40awards
Joined 2nd Feb 2017
Forum Posts: 1748

Ahavati said:

I don't know why I cringed when reading that. That would seem to interfere with nature's cycle for production purposes?

It's always done with a purpose to enhance longer-term. Sometimes the trees get too big (which is why they become unhealthy) and become hard to harvest as well as producing lower quality olives.
"Radical pruning" is an effective answer. It looks and seems brutal at first but in a few years they look great. Of course the trunk can be planked for building a table-top, making wooden bowls, plates, spoons which also honours the tree, I believe. I'll see if I can photo a neighbour's tree like this.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14630

Josh said:

It's always done with a purpose to enhance longer-term. Sometimes the trees get too big (which is why they become unhealthy) and become hard to harvest as well as producing lower quality olives.
"Radical pruning" is an effective answer. It looks and seems brutal at first but in a few years they look great. Of course the trunk can be planked for building a table-top, making wooden bowls, plates, spoons which also honours the tree, I believe. I'll see if I can photo a neighbour's tree like this.

Okay that better explains it. I initially read it as the trees were downed so they would produce more ( which they would, but not for the purposes of  man's profit, but for their own good ).

Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 40awards
Joined 2nd Feb 2017

Been thinking about tree spirits. Took this photo today on the quinta.
(Base of one of our 100+ year old olive trees)

Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 40awards
Joined 2nd Feb 2017

... and another one.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Those are gorgeous, Josh. They seem so ancient; I can feel the energy just viewing those photos.

I could commune with trees all day. Thank you for sharing.

Razzerleaf
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 26awards
Joined 15th Sep 2019
Forum Posts: 516

Not bad quality for an iphone 6

Razzerleaf
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 26awards
Joined 15th Sep 2019

Mirkwood :)

Razzerleaf
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 26awards
Joined 15th Sep 2019

Ahavati said:Those are gorgeous, Josh. They seem so ancient; I can feel the energy just viewing those photos.

I could commune with trees all day. Thank you for sharing.

I agree these are well capture Josh, I can see an African elephant at the base of the second pic, its like cloud watching, great stuff.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

So Lovely, Razzer. I love root systems; I feel they are systematic of our own history. A fallen snag can continue to nurture their surrounding environment the way our ancestors do us.

poet Anonymous

Razzerleaf said:Mirkwood :)

Love this Razzer...Mirkwood indeed.

@Josh again stunning life. Treating photos of trees like portraits, of their personality and sense of life in the world is the way to go:)

Some pics from yesterday from land thats just been sold to developers with 20-30miles views across the city of Sheffield towards the Peak District national park.

poet Anonymous

another...all super edited

poet Anonymous

last one...accident.

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5573

Seriously, nomoth ... you should post the links to your Twitter posts.

No offence to DUP, but the image compression in these uploads does not do his photos any justice.

poet Anonymous

JohnnyBlaze said:Seriously, nomoth ... you should post the links to your Twitter posts.

No offence to DUP, but the image compression in these uploads does not do his photos any justice.

Thanks JB and thanks for your support on Twits too. Not unnoticed:)

https://twitter.com/apevisions/status/1370684472149082112
https://twitter.com/apevisions/status/1370707247303688196
https://twitter.com/apevisions/status/1370825679781171202

Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Tyrant of Words
13awards
Joined 31st Mar 2018
Forum Posts: 3572

Love the last two on Twitter...

Johnny is right :

They do show clearer images