Inspiring Images

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14621

We are stardust; we are golden!

nomoth said:

Mad innit? If i could just get my new camera to do this!

Purchase a macro lens!

Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 40awards
Joined 2nd Feb 2017
Forum Posts: 1746

nomoth said:"This is not a beautiful woven tapestry. It is not a painting. It is the most detailed image of a human cell to date, obtained by radiography, nuclear magnetic resonance and cryoelectron microscopy."

https://twitter.com/johnlundin/status/1363197690281009154

... this is off-topic but the intricacy depicted in this painting of a cell is exactly what the covid vaccines interfere with.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Josh said:

... this is off-topic but the intricacy depicted in this painting of a cell is exactly what the covid vaccines interfere with.

The discussion of images in this thread are not considered off-topic, Josh. Please feel free to add commentary to any posted here. That's fascinating to know; thank you for sharing.

poet Anonymous

A couple I did these last few days.Grateful that spring is coming.

poet Anonymous

last one

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Damn, Andrew. That first is downright 3-D in effect. Excellent depth of shot in that one. And the latter is a painting waiting to be framed.  Excellent work.

Razzerleaf
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 26awards
Joined 15th Sep 2019
Forum Posts: 515

I like to collect stone faces, the expressions fascinate me.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Razzer, ancient stone architecture & sculpture has always fascinated me too. It's the archaeologist in me ( and that Scorpio love of the unknown mysetery ).

If you're ever in the states, you must visit Bonaventure Cemetery in Savannah, GA ( where Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil is based ). It's amazingly filled with sculptures of such emotion they're utterly profound.

I have too many photos to chooe one; just trust me when I tell you, if you're looking for a story in stone, there's a place for you there.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

NASA has a poster hanging with bees that reads:

"Aerodynamically a bee's body is not made to fly; the good thing is that the bee doesn't know ".

The law of physics says that a bee cannot fly, the aerodynamic principle says that the breadth of its wings is too small to keep its huge body in flight, but a bee doesn’t know, it doesn’t know anything about physics or its logic and flies anyway.

This is what we can all do, fly and prevail in every moment in the face of any difficulty and in any circumstance despite what they say. Let us be bees, no matter the size of our wings, we take flight and enjoy the pollen of life."

Razzerleaf
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 26awards
Joined 15th Sep 2019
Forum Posts: 515

Ahavati said:Razzer, ancient stone architecture & sculpture has always fascinated me too. It's the archaeologist in me ( and that Scorpio love of the unknown mysetery ).

If you're ever in the states, you must visit Bonaventure Cemetery in Savannah, GA ( where Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil is based ). It's amazingly filled with sculptures of such emotion they're utterly profound.

I have too many photos to chooe one; just trust me when I tell you, if you're looking for a story in stone, there's a place for you there.

This sounds like a place I would enjoy, I'll add it to the bucket list, Thanks for sharing

Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 40awards
Joined 2nd Feb 2017

Ahavati said:NASA has a poster hanging with bees that reads:

"Aerodynamically a bee's body is not made to fly; the good thing is that the bee doesn't know ".

The law of physics says that a bee cannot fly, the aerodynamic principle says that the breadth of its wings is too small to keep its huge body in flight, but a bee doesn’t know, it doesn’t know anything about physics or its logic and flies anyway.

This is what we can all do, fly and prevail in every moment in the face of any difficulty and in any circumstance despite what they say. Let us be bees, no matter the size of our wings, we take flight and enjoy the pollen of life."

Amen to that.

Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 40awards
Joined 2nd Feb 2017

Had to cut down a diseased olive tree recently (it will grow new shoots around the base) but the lichen growth on the stump looked quite something.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

I hate that about the olive tree, Josh. But it's better to take them down when they're sick when all else to save them fails. At least it will regenerate. That's an awesome shot.

Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 40awards
Joined 2nd Feb 2017

Ahavati said:I hate that about the olive tree, Josh. But it's better to take them down when they're sick when all else to save them fails. At least it will regenerate. That's an awesome shot.

It will regenerate amazingly. In fact, a standard practice round here is to cut healthy olive trees down to a stump deliberately which then (due to their large old root system) will shoot up from that root system and in 5 years or so will produce wonderful olives.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Josh said:

It will regenerate amazingly. In fact, a standard practice round here is to cut healthy olive trees down to a stump deliberately which then (due to their large old root system) will shoot up from that root system and in 5 years or so will produce wonderful olives.

I don't know why I cringed when reading that. That would seem to interfere with nature's cycle for production purposes?

Go to page:
Go to: