United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14645

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

The rare phenomena, called a 22°arc, occurs when light interacts with freshly formed ice crystals suspended in the atmosphere.

Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 40awards
Joined 2nd Feb 2017
Forum Posts: 1751

Yesterday's Christmas morning view from my rowing machine...

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Erm . . . are we still in Portugal?!

Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Tyrant of Words
13awards
Joined 31st Mar 2018
Forum Posts: 3572

Ahavati said:The rare phenomena, called a 22°arc, occurs when light interacts with freshly formed ice crystals suspended in the atmosphere.

Thank you for posting the image , and
the image with detailed information , Ahavati !

I love it , as well , in the language I teach ,
shows the symbol for light , across from
the symbol for phase shift , yet turned on
it's side makes the shape of a circle with a
line running through it...

The symbol which means *Ice* , is placed next to it...

However , even stranger , the symbol for light ,
has a letter value of "C" , the one below it , has
a letter value of "R" , and the one below that ,
has a letter value of "A"...

Thus a phase shifted light , ice , and an arc...hmmm...

I appreciate you bringing that to my attention !

Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 40awards
Joined 2nd Feb 2017
Forum Posts: 1751

Ahavati said:Erm . . . are we still in Portugal?!

we are -- but the original intention to move remains unchanged. Covid & Brexit have complicated things somewhat but nothing that the spirit of life cannot cut through given appropriate focus and clarity

Amazing sky-pic and explanation; very inspiring.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Josh said:

we are -- but the original intention to move remains unchanged. Covid & Brexit have complicated things somewhat but nothing that the spirit of life cannot cut through given appropriate focus and clarity

Amazing sky-pic and explanation; very inspiring.

You have a beatiful view of the sea! I've only ever seen your gardens, etc. So that was a plesant surprise. Beautiful place.

Yes; the entire world is on hold it appears. I will be so happy when this passes.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

The Obelisk on the front pylon of Luxor Temple, Luxor east bank. Full Cold Moon in Cancer tomorrow lovelies!

poet Anonymous

unimaginable art by Agostino Arrivabene

https://www.instagram.com/agostinoarrivabene/?hl=en

poet Anonymous

unimaginable art

dan hillier

https://danhillier.com/

poet Anonymous

This one a mid century female surrealist and i cannot find or recall her name.

edit: which is pretty dumb of me as her name is in the corner.

Edith Rimmington (1902 – 1986)

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

nomoth, thank you for bringing a semblance of beauty to this site today. I can actually see a part of you in these pieces. Isn't it interesting the cups that like-minded drink from,  and how the liquid reflects the birthmark of their language? I also  miss your photography.

poet Anonymous

Thanks so much A. i do love,(i don't know how you would call them), surrealist-expressionists? especially contemporaries producing in these times.  such a fking rich source for inspiration.

Havent been going outdoors that much recently,though its a ripe time for photos right now.  the last time was a couple of days ago to try  get some wood ghosts on film and found this guy. not great but...

(photo manipulated of course)

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

That is stunning,and very inspiring. Spirits of the forest . . .do you feel their presence as well? Some people see, others feel, but some can both see and feel.

poet Anonymous

Ahavati said:That is stunning,and very inspiring. Spirits of the forest . . .do you feel their presence as well? Some people see, others feel, but some can both see and feel.

you may understand the process better than me...For me it seems clear that all living things desire or find validation in  being loved, respected, admired and appreciated for what they are...in whatever form they appear....once in that frame of mind where you are open to offer that kind of giving then these forms may come forward to get some of that good loving.

My photo was edited and manipulated btw  as I am no way in that place to photo these guys, but they are definitely there with as many different personalities and motivations as us ape people.

Go to page:
Go to: