Go to page:

Inspiring Images

Bluevelvete
Bluevelvete
Dangerous Mind
United States
9awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 21st July 2020
Forum Posts: 909


Last night's dog walk
💜

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
20awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 3568

Ahavati said:I love Calligraphy, Luna! I am working with sumi ink and Asian brushes! It's definitely an ancient art that has been forgotten. Heck, in a few decades our cursive writing will be ancient text to future generations!

I'm surprised it isn't already replaced by text shorthand and emoji speak.

LunaGreyhawk
LunaGreyhawk
Fire of Insight
United States
5awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 8th July 2019
Forum Posts: 274

Ahavati said:I love Calligraphy, Luna! I am working with sumi ink and Asian brushes! It's definitely an ancient art that has been forgotten. Heck, in a few decades our cursive writing will be ancient text to future generations!

There is something so soothing to me about writing; Iíve always just enjoyed the heck out of it.  Calligraphy is such a beautiful art, and Iím so glad there are people keeping it alive.  I have a ton of calligraphy videos saved on YouTube; I could watch people write all day lol.  I hate that weíre losing cursive in schools; it was one of my favorite parts lol.  

LunaGreyhawk
LunaGreyhawk
Fire of Insight
United States
5awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 8th July 2019
Forum Posts: 274

Bluevelvete said:Last night's dog walk
💜


Blue, that is gorgeous.  Those colors are so pretty 💜

Bluevelvete
Bluevelvete
Dangerous Mind
United States
9awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 21st July 2020
Forum Posts: 909

LunaGreyhawk said:

Blue, that is gorgeous.  Those colors are so pretty 💜


Thanks, Luna... I agree!!!
I was so taken aback...
It's usually pretty but last night I caught it at just the perfect time, it seems.


Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
91awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 7948

That is a lovely, serene image, Blue. I love the fusion of colors and the siloutted trees enhance the violet shades.

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
91awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 7948

LunaGreyhawk said:

There is something so soothing to me about writing; Iíve always just enjoyed the heck out of it.  Calligraphy is such a beautiful art, and Iím so glad there are people keeping it alive.  I have a ton of calligraphy videos saved on YouTube; I could watch people write all day lol.  I hate that weíre losing cursive in schools; it was one of my favorite parts lol.  


Writing is very fluid and reminds me of the gentle flow of the Universe through our thoughts. I am very interested in learning Korean in the traditional form of bamboo brush and ink and rice paper.

I am teaching my grandson cursive and exposing him to videos as well. His school taught him the cursive letters; however, that's where they stopped. It's very sad.

Bluevelvete
Bluevelvete
Dangerous Mind
United States
9awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 21st July 2020
Forum Posts: 909

Ahavati said:That is a lovely, serene image, Blue. I love the fusion of colors and the siloutted trees enhance the violet shades.

Ohhh me too!! I'm such a sucker for that 'bruised' colored sunset ...
Thank you ☺
-I took a picture about 5 minutes later and it's completely different, in all yellows and oranges... I should post it. The difference is just amazing!

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
91awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 7948


Thanks, Blue; the sky changes in the blink of an eye during sunet/rise.

My crystal votive holder.


JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
20awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 3568

Ahavati said:
My crystal votive holder.


Holy heck. It looks like it is straight out of a science fiction movie. That itself could inspire a poem.

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
91awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 7948

JohnnyBlaze said:

Holy heck. It looks like it is straight out of a science fiction movie. That itself could inspire a poem.


Thanks. I wished I had blown out the candle in the background for complete darkness!

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
91awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 7948


💙

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
20awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 3568

Ahavati said:💙

Whew! Amazing! And THAT looks like an angel!

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
91awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 7948


ď Inosculation is a natural phenomenon in which trunks, branches or roots of two trees grow together. It is biologically similar to grafting and such trees are referred to in forestry as gemels, from the Latin word meaning Ďa pairí. ď

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
20awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 3568

Ahavati said:ď Inosculation is a natural phenomenon in which trunks, branches or roots of two trees grow together. It is biologically similar to grafting and such trees are referred to in forestry as gemels, from the Latin word meaning Ďa pairí. ď

I have NEVER seen anything like THAT in my entire life; truly something to go out on a limb and ruminate on.

Go to page:
Go to: