poet Anonymous

Last night's dog walk
💜

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5573

Ahavati said:I love Calligraphy, Luna! I am working with sumi ink and Asian brushes! It's definitely an ancient art that has been forgotten. Heck, in a few decades our cursive writing will be ancient text to future generations!

I'm surprised it isn't already replaced by text shorthand and emoji speak.

LunaGreyhawk
Dangerous Mind
United States 17awards
Joined 8th July 2019
Forum Posts: 885

Ahavati said:I love Calligraphy, Luna! I am working with sumi ink and Asian brushes! It's definitely an ancient art that has been forgotten. Heck, in a few decades our cursive writing will be ancient text to future generations!

There is something so soothing to me about writing; I’ve always just enjoyed the heck out of it.  Calligraphy is such a beautiful art, and I’m so glad there are people keeping it alive.  I have a ton of calligraphy videos saved on YouTube; I could watch people write all day lol.  I hate that we’re losing cursive in schools; it was one of my favorite parts lol.  

LunaGreyhawk
Dangerous Mind
United States 17awards
Joined 8th July 2019
Forum Posts: 885

Bluevelvete said:Last night's dog walk
💜

Blue, that is gorgeous.  Those colors are so pretty 💜

poet Anonymous

LunaGreyhawk said:

Blue, that is gorgeous.  Those colors are so pretty 💜

Thanks, Luna... I agree!!!
I was so taken aback...
It's usually pretty but last night I caught it at just the perfect time, it seems.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14580

That is a lovely, serene image, Blue. I love the fusion of colors and the siloutted trees enhance the violet shades.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

LunaGreyhawk said:

There is something so soothing to me about writing; I’ve always just enjoyed the heck out of it.  Calligraphy is such a beautiful art, and I’m so glad there are people keeping it alive.  I have a ton of calligraphy videos saved on YouTube; I could watch people write all day lol.  I hate that we’re losing cursive in schools; it was one of my favorite parts lol.  

Writing is very fluid and reminds me of the gentle flow of the Universe through our thoughts. I am very interested in learning Korean in the traditional form of bamboo brush and ink and rice paper.

I am teaching my grandson cursive and exposing him to videos as well. His school taught him the cursive letters; however, that's where they stopped. It's very sad.

poet Anonymous

Ahavati said:That is a lovely, serene image, Blue. I love the fusion of colors and the siloutted trees enhance the violet shades.

Ohhh me too!! I'm such a sucker for that 'bruised' colored sunset ...
Thank you ☺
-I took a picture about 5 minutes later and it's completely different, in all yellows and oranges... I should post it. The difference is just amazing!

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Thanks, Blue; the sky changes in the blink of an eye during sunet/rise.

My crystal votive holder.

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Ahavati said:
My crystal votive holder.

Holy heck. It looks like it is straight out of a science fiction movie. That itself could inspire a poem.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

JohnnyBlaze said:

Holy heck. It looks like it is straight out of a science fiction movie. That itself could inspire a poem.

Thanks. I wished I had blown out the candle in the background for complete darkness!

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

💙

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Ahavati said:💙

Whew! Amazing! And THAT looks like an angel!

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

“ Inosculation is a natural phenomenon in which trunks, branches or roots of two trees grow together. It is biologically similar to grafting and such trees are referred to in forestry as gemels, from the Latin word meaning ‘a pair’. “

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Ahavati said:“ Inosculation is a natural phenomenon in which trunks, branches or roots of two trees grow together. It is biologically similar to grafting and such trees are referred to in forestry as gemels, from the Latin word meaning ‘a pair’. “

I have NEVER seen anything like THAT in my entire life; truly something to go out on a limb and ruminate on.

Go to page:
Go to: