Beautiful leaf color , Luna...

I know I have seen that before...

What type of tree is that ?

LunaGreyhawk
Dangerous Mind
United States 17awards
Joined 8th July 2019
Forum Posts: 880

Blackwolf said:Beautiful leaf color , Luna...

I know I have seen that before...

What type of tree is that ?

It’s a mountain ash, I believe.

Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Tyrant of Words
13awards
Joined 31st Mar 2018
Forum Posts: 3572

LunaGreyhawk said:

It’s a mountain ash, I believe.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sorbus_californica

Yet , at the root , it is a type if Rowan , so to speak

http://www.ecoenchantments.co.uk/myogham_rowanpage.html

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14535

I love those trees, Luna! Their color is so rich.  🍁🍂

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

This arresting painting by Russian mystical artist, Nicholai Roerich, (b. Oct. 9, 1874) is entitled "Battle in the Heavens."

Would that our battles at ground-level take on this epic artfulness. Maybe, they can. It's a question of state-change.

Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Tyrant of Words
13awards
Joined 31st Mar 2018
Forum Posts: 3572

They did...he was one of them , who traveled with
Donovan during WW2 to Tibet , searching for the
Code I speak about , like the Nazi's did as well...

They found stone tablets in a cave...

I spoke with a man who was on that expedition...

He was not only a great painter , he was a mystic of high level...

Were you aware his Madonna Oriflamma , represented the three
drops of woman's blood , placed in a magical circle during her period ,
for ceremony of healing , for herself , or who she supports ?

I shall not speak of how those same three drops in a circle ,
may also be used , yet Germany found out not long after...

Enough said...just thought some would appreciate the depth ,
little known , or spoken of , about this famous artist...;)

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Thank you, Blackwolf. You should edit your post and add in Madonna Oriflamma so members can see what you're referring to.

poet Anonymous

Ahavati said:True; he could capture air with a brushstroke and just the right color. This is one of my favorites of his. Your photographic work has the same essence, nomoth: the seeking of the spiritual in all things—visible and invisible.

Thanks so much A. I so love your reflected photo...so dreamlike and vibrant. So important to see things through reflections and through other views. And thanks for introducing the Roerich artist, I never heard of him, big WOW and thanks @Blackwolf for the information about him, so so will do some research on him..love that mystery 'occult' art.

@Luna a beautiful photo. such a lush evocative red. so poetic.

Had some success with this photo i think. From a  walk yesterday.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

I've really missed your posts here, nomoth. I must own a print or two one day.

I'm happy you enjoyed the artist. Please feel free to share your favorite painters as well. I used to paint and have had many an art show; however, it fell by the way to photography and now to design. Hopefully when I fully retire I'll go full time in all of them with a studio.

This one is entitled * One Way * and referenced the bloodshed religious fanaticism has brought about: 20 x 24 mixed media collage: oil, sumi ink, blood ( it was a phase ), glue, tea stains, and photographs.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

New moon means we are walking through the darkness toward the light. Light a candle, intent is a ritual; believe in hope and trust in love.

poet Anonymous

Ahavati said:I've really missed your posts here, nomoth. I must own a print or two one day.

I'm happy you enjoyed the artist. Please feel free to share your favorite painters as well. I used to paint and have had many an art show; however, it fell by the way to photography and now to design. Hopefully when I fully retire I'll go full time in all of them with a studio.

This one is entitled * One Way * and referenced the bloodshed religious fanaticism has brought about: 20 x 24 mixed media collage: oil, sumi ink, blood ( it was a phase ), glue, tea stains, and photographs.

At least you were not as Shiele extreme, though I love that you would go in that direction, describing the worst, the anger, that dark contrast of things literally means somehow excising that meat and fluid  out from  inside of us.  Those details are essential. So powerful. ...also love the moon shot. so delicate.

maybe not writing so much, insanely disillusioned like many, photos have been a saving grace in a way.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

nomoth said:

At least you were not as Shiele extreme, though I love that you would go in that direction, describing the worst, the anger, that dark contrast of things literally means somehow excising that meat and fluid  out from  inside of us.  Those details are essential. So powerful. ...also love the moon shot. so delicate.

maybe not writing so much, insanely disillusioned like many, photos have been a saving grace in a way.

Sheesh! What a beautiful shot!

Yeah, that period in my life was breaking away from the confines of religion after I returned from the mission field: a very dark, confusing period  sans at least a decade and a half old, anyway. Art in general is an ever needed outlet for so much within us. Especially when it allows us to spend time in nature.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

There are some phenomenal entries.

Photographing the Microscopic: Winners of Nikon Small World 2020

Some of the winning and honored images from the 2020 Small World Photomicrography Competition

https://www.theatlantic.com/photo/2020/10/photographing-microscopic-winners-nikon-small-world-2020/616699/?utm_campaign=the-atlantic&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook

LunaGreyhawk
Dangerous Mind
United States 17awards
Joined 8th July 2019
Forum Posts: 880

Ahavati said:

Sheesh! What a beautiful shot!

Yeah, that period in my life was breaking away from the confines of religion after I returned from the mission field: a very dark, confusing period  sans at least a decade and a half old, anyway. Art in general is an ever needed outlet for so much within us. Especially when it allows us to spend time in nature.

I love this thread.  Ahavati, that is some really beautiful art, I love the dreamlike quality of it; this is something quite a bit like my synesthesia sees when people are angry or fighting near me.  Lovely work 💜.

Nomoth, that is a gorgeous shot 💜

This is a pic of my calligraphy practice. Not really art, but there’s something very calming and meditative about creating each letter.  

Edited to add:  holy moly those photos, Ahavati!  I love photomicrography.  The picture of the diatoms is incredible; reminds me of antique Christmas ornaments lol

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

I love Calligraphy, Luna! I am working with sumi ink and Asian brushes! It's definitely an ancient art that has been forgotten. Heck, in a few decades our cursive writing will be ancient text to future generations!

Go to page:
Go to: