Go to page:

Inspiring Images

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14574

Totally responsible bugger for keeping me awake last night. it was worth it.

LunaGreyhawk
Dangerous Mind
United States 17awards
Joined 8th July 2019
Forum Posts: 883

Ahavati said:Totally responsible bugger for keeping me awake last night. it was worth it.

Oh. My.  That is beautiful ♥️

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

LunaGreyhawk said:

Oh. My.  That is beautiful ♥️

Thank you, Luna. Broke out my big boy for this one.

poet Anonymous

Thank you so much Luna. We are lucky in having some beautiful countryside here, with some twisted mysterious history. Just love it for inspiration and a break from everything,

Thanks again A. yep, such a stunning photo, what camera and lenses do you use? i presume you used a tripod and a long exposure for that shot? do you have a preference in terms of cameras/lens etc? i am looking to buy something soon, ideally a DSLR (if i had the money a Leica but i dont), even a bridge camera. idk,

Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 40awards
Joined 2nd Feb 2017
Forum Posts: 1738

Talk about a 'moon-shot' A, that's the real m'coy. Luna, that petrol-pump light-holder cooler than cool - neat pipework on the other lamp too. And nomoth, keep those pics coming; they're fabulous.

"Inspiring Images" (and "things you've made") are turning out to be my favourite two forums on DUP - perhaps it is because they engender a simple heartfelt response of appreciation of other's talents (that we ourselves might not have) but at the same time we're aware we all have in common the creative path of trial-and-error in developing a particular skill. Just a thought.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

nomoth said:Thank you so much Luna. We are lucky in having some beautiful countryside here, with some twisted mysterious history. Just love it for inspiration and a break from everything,

Thanks again A. yep, such a stunning photo, what camera and lenses do you use? i presume you used a tripod and a long exposure for that shot? do you have a preference in terms of cameras/lens etc? i am looking to buy something soon, ideally a DSLR (if i had the money a Leica but i dont), even a bridge camera. idk,

I have several cameras ( Olympus, Nikon, Canon ). I was a professional photographer for over a decade so have kindof amassed them. If you're going to get a good camera, I would highly, HIGHLY recommend the Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II 20.4MP Mirrorless Micro Four Thirds Camera. It's compact and reminds me of the old film cameras such as Leica.  Many are sold as kits with flash and various lenses. I love my digital ED 12-200mm F3.5-6.3 as well as my portrait lens kit - 45mm f1.8 and ED 75mm f1.8.

While I will periodically use my Nikon and Canon so they don't rust ( lol ) Olympus micro four thirds is the way to go for me. I LOVED it on shoots, particularly on event shoots because it's not heavy, yet the images are gorgeous.

This shot was done with an Olympus OMD and M.Zuiko 100-400 lens then enlarged.

poet Anonymous

1stly thanks Josh and yes @Luna that petrol-pump light is  ingenious. i want one,... two for each side of the bed. also love that steampunk  style of the plumbing lamp too. brilliant designs.

Thanks A ....perfect answer, exactly what I wanted to hear. have been researching the last hour and I have seen a non-mirrorless version of the Olympus OM-D...which is way less expensive... and after researching what advantages a mirrorless has over SLR's,..lightness mainly (?)...I ask would you recommend, for an amateur like myself, the Olympus with the mirror? . I mostly will shoot landscape like I have been doing with my cheapo camera i have now.

The lens yes yes yes, I would love that range....I owned a Canon AE1 with a 28mm-200mm macro which I loved so much, and this was way before digital.

Thanks again, it is a big thing to hear when they love and totally recommend something they have used so often. I never thought of researching Olympus. As a writer the 'feel' of a camera is so important, great recommendation.

thanks again.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

nomoth, I have an old one in the closet I'll never use again. Let me drag it out and check the specs. It's actually the one I used to use whenever I would go to the mountains to shoot landscape photography.

LunaGreyhawk
Dangerous Mind
United States 17awards
Joined 8th July 2019

I though you guys might enjoy my sunset.  I love when the clouds are blushing 😊

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Beautiful, Luna. 🌇

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Ye olde waterwheel is the only remnant left of an old mll located in Gaston County, NC.

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5573

Ahavati said:Ye olde waterwheel is the only remnant left of an old mll located in Gaston County, NC.

Stark, as it probably is in color, as its manmadeness clashes with the nature. How sad that it is without purpose now without water.

LunaGreyhawk
Dangerous Mind
United States 17awards
Joined 8th July 2019

Ahavati said:Ye olde waterwheel is the only remnant left of an old mll located in Gaston County, NC.

Ahavati, have you ever been to the state fair in Raleigh?  The House of Autry has an old stone corn mill (I’m unsure of the proper name for it) on the property, and every year they use it to make hush puppies that they give to the fair attendees.  Waiting in line for my hushpuppies always provided me an opportunity to watch the huge water wheel in action.  It always felt like viewing another time through a window.  

The stark quality of your photo is beautiful.  I’m with JB; there’s a sense of sadness at its abandonment.  

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Thank you, Johnny & Luna. ❤ The energy there is palpable and very peaceful. 🙏 had a beautiful sunset.

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5573

Ahavati said:Thank you, Johnny & Luna. ❤ The energy there is palpable and very peaceful. 🙏 had a beautiful sunset.

Uh ... wow?!

Go to page:
Go to: