Go to page:

Inspiring Images

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
20awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 3534

Ahavati said:Anyone else take a road trip to see the changing of the leaves anywhere? This is from the Blue Ridge here in North Carolina.



Dang. I expect Hobbitses and Elves to stroll by at any moment. Sigh.

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
91awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 7889

It's why thousands of people travel across the country to visit each autumn. 🍁🍂

nomoth
nomoth
Thought Provoker
United Kingdom
9awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 24th Mar 2019
Forum Posts: 257


@ Josh . in constant envy, though i appreciate how much work it would take to maintain. the pond to be placed within the greenhouse? the plan to keep the humidity in there for veg etc.? I have never seen that before. what are the plans for the pond? the geodesic  i presume to catch  as much sun as possible.

with too much time on my hands and in my brains ( carework) experimented with wallpaper and nature shots. (the inside and outside theme)


Josh
Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Portugal
35awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 2nd Feb 2017
Forum Posts: 811

Ahavati said:Anyone else take a road trip to see the changing of the leaves anywhere? This is from the Blue Ridge here in North Carolina.



Amazing photo of Autumn colours, Ahavati. It's what I miss in Portugal in this region; it's all pine & eucalyptus plantations (despite much local opposition, especially against eucalyptus) but big business won out and got permits from local councils. It's terrible; the water table is dropping year-on- year because eucalpytus sends roots far and wide and uses enormous amounts of water, degrading the soil - but hey, it's needed for toilet paper and kitchen paper-towels.

Josh
Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Portugal
35awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 2nd Feb 2017
Forum Posts: 811

nomoth said:@ Josh . in constant envy, though i appreciate how much work it would take to maintain. the pond to be placed within the greenhouse? the plan to keep the humidity in there for veg etc.? I have never seen that before. what are the plans for the pond? the geodesic  i presume to catch  as much sun as possible.

with too much time on my hands and in my brains ( carework) experimented with wallpaper and nature shots. (the inside and outside theme)



My basic theory is that plants like water and the sound of running water (I read "The secret Life of Plants" ages ago in the 1970s). Amazingly, when I dug out the patch for the dome, I found an abandoned borehole with water 3m down, so I intend to use it in a circular loop with a little pump. And yes, you've got it, it will help with humidity in Summer though I'll have to do a lot of experimenting because it will get hot too. There are exactly 100 main triangular windows I have to do, and I plan that 20 of them will be opening. I'm planning a mix of poly-carbonate, glass and polytunnel-plastic, all rather experimental.
I don't have any other plans for the pond yet, but as a former mining engineer (I worked for the National Coal Board in the Lancashire & Cannock Chase pits in the 70s & 80s), I'm into digging.

LunaGreyhawk
LunaGreyhawk
Fire of Insight
United States
5awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 8th July 2019
Forum Posts: 270

Ahavati, I lived in the Raleigh area for years and years before taking this little side quest to ND, and we used to drive over to Asheville to see the fall display.  Nature really puts on a show in the mountains 🥰

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
91awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 7889

Josh said:

Amazing photo of Autumn colours, Ahavati. It's what I miss in Portugal in this region; it's all pine & eucalyptus plantations (despite much local opposition, especially against eucalyptus) but big business won out and got permits from local councils. It's terrible; the water table is dropping year-on- year because eucalpytus sends roots far and wide and uses enormous amounts of water, degrading the soil - but hey, it's needed for toilet paper and kitchen paper-towels.


I hate that, Josh. I don't understand why hemp isn't used for everything from paper to clothing. It's so much more sustainable.

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
91awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 7889

LunaGreyhawk said:Ahavati, I lived in the Raleigh area for years and years before taking this little side quest to ND, and we used to drive over to Asheville to see the fall display.  Nature really puts on a show in the mountains 🥰

It's breathtaking, isn't it, Luna? 🍁🍂😊

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
91awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 7889


One of my favorite subjects to photograph are abandonded houses, towns, and buildings in general. A few years back I drove through a time-warp into a farm house from the late 1800's, and the surrounding houses ( this is one of those houses ). After some research I discovered this little area was thriving with its own little stores, etc., until the state built a bypass, which rerouted traffic, and thus drove the little area out of business.

summultima
summultima
uma
Dangerous Mind
India
34awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 3rd Feb 2012
Forum Posts: 1180


Ahavati said:One of my favorite subjects to photograph are abandonded houses, towns, and buildings in general. A few years back I drove through a time-warp into a farm house from the late 1800's, and the surrounding houses ( this is one of those houses ). After some research I discovered this little area was thriving with its own little stores, etc., until the state built a bypass, which rerouted traffic, and thus drove the little area out of business.

there's something so beautifully nostalgic poetic & haunting .. in the rusts & ruins ... as if humming in lively pains & artistic melancholy... the mystical irony that this life is .. Lovely capture Dear A! Reminds some of my fav followed photographic artists are fab specialists of Ruins & Rusts.. Thanks for sharing this.. Light & Love xx:)

this is one yellowy sunny dusk day before yesterday... glowing golden  yet dimming fast towards a dullening twilight.. a 'magical hour'  capture of a cracked  & wet monsoonal algal spotty wall of the terrace here... with a singular fullbloom redrose.. the contrasting dark twigs &  hairy Bermuda grassy~ weedy inflorescence raising up to queue in the pic space ..add up to the noisy details in der. Not a great pic sure..but ruins n brokens reminded me of this

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
91awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 7889

summultima said:

there's something so beautifully nostalgic poetic & haunting .. in the rusts & ruins ... as if humming in lively pains & artistic melancholy... the mystical irony that this life is .. Lovely capture Dear A! Reminds some of my fav followed photographic artists are fab specialists of Ruins & Rusts.. Thanks for sharing this.. Light & Love xx:)


There absolutely is, Uma. And abandoned buildings contain such an energy about them. Particularly the ones that Nature is reclaiming. It reminds me that the earth will survive man.

this is one yellowy sunny dusk day before yesterday... glowing golden  yet dimming fast towards a dullening twilight.. a 'magical hour'  capture of a cracked  & wet monsoonal algal spotty wall of the terrace here... with a singular fullbloom redrose.. the contrasting dark twigs &  hairy Bermuda grassy~ weedy inflorescence raising up to queue in the pic space ..add up to the noisy details in der. Not a great pic sure..but ruins n brokens reminded me of this

I absolutely love roses! That's a beautiful capture of contrast between nature and manufactured, as well as  new against old.

Josh
Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Portugal
35awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 2nd Feb 2017
Forum Posts: 811

Great photos Ahavati & Uma ... I wonder if someone will photograph me when I am an abandoned ruin and they'll find something interesting to comment on, and wonder what he looked like in his prime  

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
91awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 7889

Josh said:Great photos Ahavati & Uma ... I wonder if someone will photograph me when I am an abandoned ruin and they'll find something interesting to comment on, and wonder what he looked like in his prime  

Thanks, Josh! LOL! Ya know, I can totally see that! Especially if you're discovered in the middle of one of your geode creations!

Josh
Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Portugal
35awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 2nd Feb 2017
Forum Posts: 811

Ahavati said:

Thanks, Josh! LOL! Ya know, I can totally see that! Especially if you're discovered in the middle of one of your geode creations!


Now that gives me an idea, thank you - perhaps a project for next year's lock-down.

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
91awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 7889

Josh said:

Now that gives me an idea, thank you - perhaps a project for next year's lock-down.


O! No! LOL! I can just see some type of crypt you've created uncovered in a thousand or so years!

Go to page:
Go to: