Go to page:

Crystals

Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Tyrant of Words
England 32awards
Joined 10th Jan 2021
Forum Posts: 5662

Absolutely gorgeous. I find that inclusions within other gemstones are particularly special. Worlds within worlds 😊

Valeriyabeyond
Dhyana
Dangerous Mind
3awards
Joined 3rd May 2020
Forum Posts: 2668

Northern_Soul said:That’s amazing! I’d love to find gems like that. Not as much opportunity too in the U.K.

...But I stand by us having some of the best fluorite in the world at least 🙂

Will you sell your chalcedony do you think?

Yes I sell them as a lot on eBay
The druzy being a category of their own apart from chalcedony without druzy quartz coating
I also sell fulgerites
Lightening stones

Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Tyrant of Words
England 32awards
Joined 10th Jan 2021

Valeriyabeyond said:

Yes I sell them as a lot on eBay
The druzy being a category of their own apart from chalcedony without druzy quartz coating
I also sell fulgerites
Lightening stones

Wow! Good luck with it 🤞🏻

Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Tyrant of Words
England 32awards
Joined 10th Jan 2021

Brazilian natural citrine. I am so unbelievably pleased with this little piece. I’ve been reading a lot of blogs lately about the difference between natural citrine and baked amethyst, which is what a lot of people pass off as citrine.

I was so pleased when I bagged this piece. It’s just so sunny ☀️

Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Tyrant of Words
England 32awards
Joined 10th Jan 2021

I also came into the possession of this. It’s one of those purchases that I just felt very drawn too, so I didn’t question it too much. It’s Orchid Calcite, which in all honesty I’d never heard of.

Anybody know much about it?

LunaGreyhawk
Dangerous Mind
United States 17awards
Joined 8th July 2019
Forum Posts: 880

Wow, that is so pretty!  It’s gotten harder to find real citrine anymore, but that is a really gorgeous piece.  

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Tyrant of Words
England 32awards
Joined 10th Jan 2021

LunaGreyhawk said:Wow, that is so pretty!  It’s gotten harder to find real citrine anymore, but that is a really gorgeous piece.  

It really has. I probably started getting into crystal / fossil collecting about five years ago, and it’s taken that long to find a reputable dealer who wasn’t going to rip me off or pass off something fake as real.

My rock hound also had a 16kg natural citrine in stock. It was over £1000 in price! (Somewhat out of my price range... but hella pretty )

Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Tyrant of Words
England 32awards
Joined 10th Jan 2021

Anonymous said:<< post removed >>

It’s interesting because my interest in crystals and fossils has always been geological. I’ve always been extremely interested in the creation of crystal formations and the history associated with fossils etc.

I think it’s when I got into my reiki that I started looking into the metaphysical side / crystal grids / crystal therapy etc. The more I learn about them, the more I think they do have a certain energy about them.

I was dreading this pandemic time, because I seem to get colds at the drop of a hat so I was feeling pretty nervous about everything. I’ve been carrying around fluorite and copper in a little crystal cage in my pocket that I cleanse once a week, and I haven’t even had so much as a cold this year.

The ancients have been using copper for thousands of years. Y’know, Lapis Lazuli was a firm favourite of the Egyptians... all these ancient civilisations revered them and worked with them in some form.

There must be something in that.

LunaGreyhawk
Dangerous Mind
United States 17awards
Joined 8th July 2019

Northern_Soul said:

It really has. I probably started getting into crystal / fossil collecting about five years ago, and it’s taken that long to find a reputable dealer who wasn’t going to rip me off or pass off something fake as real.

My rock hound also had a 16kg natural citrine in stock. It was over £1000 in price! (Somewhat out of my price range... but hella pretty )

I’m pretty sure most of the “citrine” I have is baked amethyst, but I do have one large piece I was given as a gift years ago and it’s really hard to tell the difference.  It’s good to have a reputable source.  Now that I’m back home in the south, I suppose I need to start looking for a reputable source myself.  

Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Tyrant of Words
England 32awards
Joined 10th Jan 2021

LunaGreyhawk said:

I’m pretty sure most of the “citrine” I have is baked amethyst, but I do have one large piece I was given as a gift years ago and it’s really hard to tell the difference.  It’s good to have a reputable source.  Now that I’m back home in the south, I suppose I need to start looking for a reputable source myself.  

So this is a “citrine” druzy piece I have which is almost certainly baked amethyst. Baked amethyst almost always has the white matrix that it emanates from. Baked stuff will always be darker at the tip and descend down into lighter shades.

The natural citrine will have natural rutile markings within it, and it’s always a good thing to look for air bubbles, which real citrine will not have. The real citrine also has a much harder outside (on the mohs hardness scale) compared to glass, or resin, or anything else that the Chinese are passing off as citrine these days 😂

LunaGreyhawk
Dangerous Mind
United States 17awards
Joined 8th July 2019

Northern_Soul said:

So this is a “citrine” druzy piece I have which is almost certainly baked amethyst. Baked amethyst almost always has the white matrix that it emanates from. Baked stuff will always be darker at the tip and descend down into lighter shades.

The natural citrine will have natural rutile markings within it, and it’s always a good thing to look for air bubbles, which real citrine will not have. The real citrine also has a much harder outside (on the mohs hardness scale) compared to glass, or resin, or anything else that the Chinese are passing off as citrine these days 😂

Such a pretty piece, though!  I have a similar citrine druzy that is most certainly not real citrine, but it’s so pretty all the same.  I’d love to find a piece like that column you have in your pic.  

Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Tyrant of Words
England 32awards
Joined 10th Jan 2021

LunaGreyhawk said:

Such a pretty piece, though!  I have a similar citrine druzy that is most certainly not real citrine, but it’s so pretty all the same.  I’d love to find a piece like that column you have in your pic.  

Oh yes, the druzy pieces sure are pretty

I love little towers like that. Not everyone is a fan of the points, but I think they have a grace all of their own.

Both of the companies I deal with here in the U.K. ship abroad. I can hook you up with them if you’re interested at all 🙂

LunaGreyhawk
Dangerous Mind
United States 17awards
Joined 8th July 2019

Northern_Soul said:

Oh yes, the druzy pieces sure are pretty

I love little towers like that. Not everyone is a fan of the points, but I think they have a grace all of their own.

Both of the companies I deal with here in the U.K. ship abroad. I can hook you up with them if you’re interested at all 🙂

I love the points, too.  I had a whole basket full of large clear and smoky quartz columns with beautiful points that I put on my apartment patio under the full moon a few months ago, and someone stole the whole basket grrrr!  

And yes, I’d love that information, please!

Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Tyrant of Words
England 32awards
Joined 10th Jan 2021

LunaGreyhawk said:

I love the points, too.  I had a whole basket full of large clear and smoky quartz columns with beautiful points that I put on my apartment patio under the full moon a few months ago, and someone stole the whole basket grrrr!  

And yes, I’d love that information, please!

They stole them?! What utter [insert bad word here] Man, I’m sorry to hear that. I’d be devastated if that was me.

I’ve PM’d you some deets 🙂

Go to page:
Go to: