Go to page:

Crystals

Valeriyabeyond
Dhyana
Dangerous Mind
3awards
Joined 3rd May 2020
Forum Posts: 2668

Duncan said:In 2014 I bought a few pieces of bhuddstone at R10 a pop(Just under a dollar).

Within a week I went to my first ever Khundalini yoga class. Something I'd never been to before and had no idea about and it transformed my life at the time. At the time, during the warm-up(Downward facing dog) the bhuddstone fell out of my pocket on the mat. The bhuddstone that I bought's defining quality was that it supported connecting with your highest self or something. I don't worry so much about what stones "do" so much now but there was a time when it seemed really important. I used to carry Labradourite around with me and it seemed like a lot of stuff would be packed in to the days I had one on me.

I agree that was a great choice for yoga of Khundalini
It relieves stress inhibitions gives stamina cleanses you mind your body benefits with a cleansing . Very powerful stone
It is Verdite which is a Muscovite with Chromium which makes it green
It is also Fucshite
All of these minerals combine makes the stone called Buddstone .
Great overall energetic stone for someone competing in a triathalon haha

OmenisNemo
Allie
Lost Thinker
Joined 11th June 2019
Forum Posts: 45

Valeriyabeyond said:

Hello,
The copper acts as a conduit and or receiver for the energy from the quartz crystal You can leave the end of the copper open or you can cap it.  Capped you can think of it as a
©"Star Wars laser that can project directed energy Uncapped which this one is will work as a vibrational energy wave for healing and overall chakra cleansing
If this were wrapped in black goat leather the intention would be dark.  
The brown calf leather I used is neutral or positive vibrations.
For healing and injury you can wave the wand in a cllockwise direction three rotations declaring your healing repeated three times.

That is so creative and nice! What kind of healing can the crystals do?

poet Anonymous

Duncan said:In 2014 I bought a few pieces of bhuddstone at R10 a pop(Just under a dollar).

Within a week I went to my first ever Khundalini yoga class. Something I'd never been to before and had no idea about and it transformed my life at the time. At the time, during the warm-up(Downward facing dog) the bhuddstone fell out of my pocket on the mat. The bhuddstone that I bought's defining quality was that it supported connecting with your highest self or something. I don't worry so much about what stones "do" so much now but there was a time when it seemed really important. I used to carry Labradourite around with me and it seemed like a lot of stuff would be packed in to the days I had one on me.

I lurvvvve kundalini yoga. I’m also aware we seem to be spelling it differently. Unsure if this is an inter-country spelling difference or if the practice is any different...  will look it up.

I kinda rave about it because it’s one of the few yogas I can do. More traditional yoga can be very painful for me because of issues with my spine, but kundalini yoga seems a lot more gentle and suits me down to the ground.

I love the share there regarding the bhuddstone (not one I’m familiar with so thank you) and the labradorite. Interesting that you said “there’s a time where it felt important” and I think that kinda summarises it all for me. There will be certain times in my life when I just feel like I want them close by, and they feel important enough to be good focuses of attention.

Perhaps anything really that focuses the mind can be a positive force for change.

Valeriyabeyond
Dhyana
Dangerous Mind
3awards
Joined 3rd May 2020

Nope you are right there is no H in Kundalini

FYI some  crystals are difficult to pronounce
Can you pronounce
Chalcedony?

poet Anonymous

Valeriyabeyond said:Nope you are right there is no H in Kundalini

FYI some  crystals are difficult to pronounce
Can you pronounce
Chalcedony?

Haha... yeah some of them are pretty tricky!! 😂 Plumbogummite for example 😂

I pronounce it cal-sed-er-nee?

Viddax
Lord Viddax
Guardian of Shadows
United Kingdom 31awards
Joined 10th Oct 2009
Forum Posts: 6692

Miss_Sub said:

Haha... yeah some of them are pretty tricky!! 😂 Plumbogummite for example 😂

I pronounce it cal-sed-er-nee?

I thought it went like chal-se-don-knee, but I'm barely a rock adept!

Not sure I fully understand what the difference is between metaphysics and placebo positivity: both seem to rely on mind (conscious, subconscious, unconscious etc) morphing reality.

My belief/theory is that it is not an exact science or sure-fire cause-and-effect: that faith and belief will not always be the light for your darkest moment, but it may well be a glimmer on an otherwise mundane day. - That it doesn't always have to be miracles and planetary shifts, but there will be times where everything is near enough perfect to have a significant effect.

On some level it may well be the crystals deciding to make their effect truly felt that time, in order to make you create a topic and raise awareness of crystals. - Not trying to mock your thread and words, as after all the earth is a massive lump that has the only source of aware life as far as we know!

Plus your thread has made me realize it has been absolutely ages since I last wore one of my ankhs; and lately things have not been that great (personally and worldwide.)

So if the thought of something is enough to shape reality into a new direction, then surely there is more to be known that simply cause-and-effect.

poet Anonymous

Viddax said:

I thought it went like chal-se-don-knee, but I'm barely a rock adept!

Not sure I fully understand what the difference is between metaphysics and placebo positivity: both seem to rely on mind (conscious, subconscious, unconscious etc) morphing reality.

My belief/theory is that it is not an exact science or sure-fire cause-and-effect: that faith and belief will not always be the light for your darkest moment, but it may well be a glimmer on an otherwise mundane day. - That it doesn't always have to be miracles and planetary shifts, but there will be times where everything is near enough perfect to have a significant effect.

On some level it may well be the crystals deciding to make their effect truly felt that time, in order to make you create a topic and raise awareness of crystals. - Not trying to mock your thread and words, as after all the earth is a massive lump that has the only source of aware life as far as we know!

Plus your thread has made me realize it has been absolutely ages since I last wore one of my ankhs; and lately things have not been that great (personally and worldwide.)

So if the thought of something is enough to shape reality into a new direction, then surely there is more to be known that simply cause-and-effect.

So metaphysical qualities are the “supposed” effects on the body, the nervous system, and the emotions.  I say “supposed” because obviously, science, and I can’t deny science exists and plays an important role in the definition of everything.

Placebo positivity — So I wore my sodalite because the metaphysical qualities of the stone were “supposed” to support the throat chakra, aiding in public speaking. Therefore because I wore it, did it mean that I believed it would work, so therefore it did. I created my own placebo effect.

No mocking was taken from your comment at all. However I did find it rather interesting that you said about maybe it was the crystals that made themselves known for me to talk about them. Now, I’m not a believer in one God, or angels, or anything like that. However I do consider myself to be somewhat of a pantheistic Pagan (bordering on animism really) meaning I find an idea of God or divinity present in all things. I believe people are their own idea of God. I also believe that the universe has its own consciousness. So if I was meant to talk about it, well then here I am being obedient and shit...

So on another level, your ankh (I also have one btw... jinx...) — in the same sort of vein, what is it about that amulet that makes you want to wear it? Is it comfort? Joy? Or just because everybody needs something in some form that just makes them feel better?

Same with crystals, really. Perhaps they’re all just mini Gods.

It’s kinda interesting once you start thinking about all the angles associated with what gets us through the day(s).

Valeriyabeyond
Dhyana
Dangerous Mind
3awards
Joined 3rd May 2020

Miss_Sub said:

So metaphysical qualities are the “supposed” effects on the body, the nervous system, and the emotions.  I say “supposed” because obviously, science, and I can’t deny science exists and plays an important role in the definition of everything.

Placebo positivity — So I wore my sodalite because the metaphysical qualities of the stone were “supposed” to support the throat chakra, aiding in public speaking. Therefore because I wore it, did it mean that I believed it would work, so therefore it did. I created my own placebo effect.

No mocking was taken from your comment at all. However I did find it rather interesting that you said about maybe it was the crystals that made themselves known for me to talk about them. Now, I’m not a believer in one God, or angels, or anything like that. However I do consider myself to be somewhat of a pantheistic Pagan (bordering on animism really) meaning I find an idea of God or divinity present in all things. I believe people are their own idea of God. I also believe that the universe has its own consciousness. So if I was meant to talk about it, well then here I am being obedient and shit...

So on another level, your ankh (I also have one btw... jinx...) — in the same sort of vein, what is it about that amulet that makes you want to wear it? Is it comfort? Joy? Or just because everybody needs something in some form that just makes them feel better?

Same with crystals, really. Perhaps they’re all just mini Gods.

It’s kinda interesting once you start thinking about all the angles associated with what gets us through the day(s).

Loved this reply
You kicked ass in your response!!

Valeriyabeyond
Dhyana
Dangerous Mind
3awards
Joined 3rd May 2020

Uraninite!!
My husband's friend sent this rock home with him today he says it's a Garnet
I said "Not"
I knew what it was but I did a streak test, Mohs scale ,and finally a Geiger counter
Uranium!!
This guy had it in his house for two years!!
I've picked this stuff up enough to know to leave it alone
The effects are scary
Feeling sick, nausea, my hands would shake and tingle
Leave this one alone
I wore gloves and a mask today

poet Anonymous

Valeriyabeyond said:

Loved this reply
You kicked ass in your response!!

I don’t mind spending time on replies when the topic is interesting. Occasionally I am even semi-coherent. Who’d of thunk it. 😂

Valeriyabeyond said:Uraninite!!
My husband's friend sent this rock home with him today he says it's a Garnet
I said "Not"
I knew what it was but I did a streak test, Mohs scale ,and finally a Geiger counter
Uranium!!
This guy had it in his house for two years!!
I've picked this stuff up enough to know to leave it alone
The effects are scary
Feeling sick, nausea, my hands would shake and tingle
Leave this one alone
I wore gloves and a mask today

Good lawdddd... if ever there was a time when a mask and gloves were needed! Although I’m assuming he’s probably grown an extra foot on his back in the time he had it in the house!?

Magdalena
Spartalena
Tyrant of Words
Wales 62awards
Joined 21st Apr 2012
Forum Posts: 2993

I've collected crystal's for more years than I can remember. I started off with lumps of rose quartz and Amethyst. I have different kinds of smaller crystals. I was drawn to the ones I have and that is the reason I have them.  I've cleansed them in water and sea salt for as far back as I can remember.

I'm of the belief that everything carries energy and memories, even buildings, walls etc. vibrates at different levels. If something "calls to me" then I claim it if I can.

When I used to indulge in magic and used tools for said magic, I came to realise that those tools were more of a focus point rather than something needed to be there. Eventually I grew and realised that if you believe in something enough in your conscious and subconscious, with every fibre of your being, then it will manifest, not because of something I have been told, or read or been brainwashed with, it is  something I have come to learn about myself over the years. To convince your subconscious of something to the point of there being no nagging doubt, or any doubt whatsoever, is physically and mentally draining. I don't doubt what I have said about this here whatsoever, so it doesn't suck up my energy.

Missy, if you are questioning whether the the stone had a placebo effect on you because you believed it would work in that way, then I would say no, if you are questioning it then the subconscious is not fully onboard for the placebo effect to work.
If at the time when you performed your poetry you were absolutely convinced of the power of your sodalite then it could be either or. No one really knows, but it worked either way and that's great.

I was watching a documentary on amethyst mining not so long ago, and the lumps of amethyst they were pulling out of the rock were huge. I would literally be in my element doing that. Lucky you Val. I've enjoyed reading all of the comments here so far.  

Edit: Predictive text needs to fuck off.

poet Anonymous

Magdalena said:I've collected crystal's for more years than I can remember. I started off with lumps of rose quartz and Amethyst. I have different kinds of smaller crystals. I was drawn to the ones I have and that is the reason I have them.  I've cleansed them in water and sea salt for as far back as I can remember.

I'm of the belief that everything carries energy and memories, even buildings, walls etc. vibrates at different levels. If something "calls to me" then I claim it if I can.

When I used to indulge in magic and used tools for said magic, I came to realise that those tools were more of a focus point rather than something needed to be there. Eventually I grew and realised that if you believe in something enough in your conscious and subconscious, with every fibre of your being, then it will manifest, not because of something I have been told, or read or been brainwashed with, it is  something I have come to learn about myself over the years. To convince your subconscious of something to the point of there being no nagging doubt, or any doubt whatsoever, is physically and mentally draining. I don't doubt what I have said about this here whatsoever, so it doesn't suck up my energy.

Missy, if you are questioning whether the the stone had a placebo effect on you because you believed it would work in that way, then I would say no, if you are questioning it then the subconscious is not fully onboard for the placebo effect to work.
If at the time when you performed your poetry you were absolutely convinced of the power of your sodalite then it could be either or. No one really knows, but it worked either way and that's great.

I was watching a documentary on amethyst mining not so long ago, and the lumps of amethyst they were pulling out of the rock were huge. I would literally be in my element doing that. Lucky you Val. I've enjoyed reading all of the comments here so far.  

Edit: Predictive text needs to fuck off.

Ahhh welcome, welcome. I wondered when you would wade in to this. Thought it was a bit of you

I certainly agree with you that everything holds memory, even buildings and objects. I remember when my Husband and I were looking for our first house to buy together after we got married. We looked at 24 (!) houses before we found our house. There were some houses that just felt downright weird. One house I didn’t even want to go into because it felt that strange... so we didn’t. When we got to house 24 I remember walking in and everything feeling like home. There was a nice feeling to the house. It felt calm and peaceful... and I still feel that way about the place. So yes. Either places retain a lot of energy or I’m just susceptible to feeling it 😂

To be honest my lovely... I genuinely question everything... and I don’t know if that’s me or the OCD I’m dealing with, but my mind never, ever shuts up. Even about things I’m certain about. Even then sometimes I get so many intrusive thoughts about stuff that I never take it as not trusting, but just the fact that I can’t turn my brain off. Does that make sense?

I remember when I was learning a lot about manifestation and started practicing the process, I genuinely did get some incredible personal results. And that’s because I believed it. But still questioned it the whole time... because my brain is kind of a tw@t like that.

But yes... it did work. And that was amazing. I’ve set a lot of intentions this year with the projects I’m working on and I’m seeing some incredible results. I reinforce those intentions every full moon. So yeah... it’s always good to keep focussed like that.

I guess doing anything half-heartedly doesn’t get the results as if you believe something with your whole heart 💓

Thank you for posting in here though with your thoughts. I bet you’ve got a cracking crystal collection though. I can just feel it. 😂

Edit: Predictive text. Burn it with fire.

Valeriyabeyond
Dhyana
Dangerous Mind
3awards
Joined 3rd May 2020

Miss_Sub said:

Good lawdddd... if ever there was a time when a mask and gloves were needed! Although I’m assuming he’s probably grown an extra foot on his back in the time he had it in the house!?

I would think so but he's quite gorgeous he's got that 1970's hippie look

Magdalena
Spartalena
Tyrant of Words
Wales 62awards
Joined 21st Apr 2012
Forum Posts: 2993

Miss_Sub said:

Thank you for posting in here though with your thoughts. I bet you’ve got a cracking crystal collection though. I can just feel it. 😂

These are the first crystal stones I had, Rose Quartz and Amethyst. I have many other kinds of small crystals, plus jewellery, my tumbled worry stones and the Chakra pyramid with the seven Chakra point stones.  

poet Anonymous

Magdalena said:

These are the first crystal stones I had, Rose Quartz and Amethyst. I have many other kinds of small crystals, plus jewellery, my tumbled worry stones and the Chakra pyramid with the seven Chakra point stones.  

Ooo. Imma try and take a few pictures of mine tomorrow. Right now I’m in bed and I’m not moving for anyone.

Go to page:
Go to: