Joined 3rd May 2020
Forum Posts: 2668

❤️

Eerie
Dangerous Mind
14awards
Joined 29th July 2018
Forum Posts: 889

I have a lot of hematite and black tourmaline. This is the biggest piece of black tourmaline that I have. It’s pretty hefty.
I loved seeing all of your crystals! Luna, that citrine is huge!

Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Tyrant of Words
England 31awards
Joined 10th Jan 2021
Forum Posts: 5564

Thought I’d come back and revive my thread because I miss it.  

It continually amazes me that this comes out of the ground Y’know? So many colours and intricacies and worlds within worlds.

Sharing a few new additions that have appeared over the last few months. Crystals and fossils have frankly kept me sane over lockdown. I’ve been taking part in a few no cost crystal swap shops online, so I have a few more appearing shortly.

But in the photo:

• Apophylite cluster
• Lodalite (garden quartz / shaman quartz)
• Lepidolite & rubellite in feldspar heart
• Citrine cluster
• Miriam Stone heart (elephant skin Jasper /        Calligraphy stone)
• Silicon Carbide (which is man made but gnarly AF)

Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Tyrant of Words
England 31awards
Joined 10th Jan 2021

Eerie said:I have a lot of hematite and black tourmaline. This is the biggest piece of black tourmaline that I have. It’s pretty hefty.
I loved seeing all of your crystals! Luna, that citrine is huge!

That’s awesome. I had a similar looking large tourmaline piece and it fell victim to an unfortunate dusting accident. Got knocked off the shelf and split in two. 😩

There’s something so sleek about it though. I think it’s the ridging and how it flows in such a methodical manner. Just gorgeous.

Have you seen the watermelon tourmaline? Adds a whole other dimension!

LunaGreyhawk
Dangerous Mind
United States 17awards
Joined 8th July 2019
Forum Posts: 864

Northern_Soul said:Thought I’d come back and revive my thread because I miss it.  

It continually amazes me that this comes out of the ground Y’know? So many colours and intricacies and worlds within worlds.

Sharing a few new additions that have appeared over the last few months. Crystals and fossils have frankly kept me sane over lockdown. I’ve been taking part in a few no cost crystal swap shops online, so I have a few more appearing shortly.

But in the photo:

• Apophylite cluster
• Lodalite (garden quartz / shaman quartz)
• Lepidolite & rubellite in feldspar heart
• Citrine cluster
• Miriam Stone heart (elephant skin Jasper /        Calligraphy stone)
• Silicon Carbide (which is man made but gnarly AF)

That is a beautiful specimen of citrine!  What a lovely collection you have.  I can’t wait to unpack my crystals; I’ve missed them during the move.  

Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Tyrant of Words
England 31awards
Joined 10th Jan 2021

LunaGreyhawk said:

That is a beautiful specimen of citrine!  What a lovely collection you have.  I can’t wait to unpack my crystals; I’ve missed them during the move.  

Unpack them! They’re calling to you!

Yeah I love my citrine, it has such a happy energy. I’ve found a really good crystal / mineral monkey so they’re sourcing some great little pieces for me at the moment.

I’m just actually waiting on the delivery of a few pieces. I have a really gorgeous petrified wood / midnight petrified wood flame piece that I fell in love with immeadiatly, a big snow quartz bed with pyrite and galena inclusions, a labradorite free form and this gorgeous slice of English fluorite, so I’m pretty excited about it.

I especially love specimens from where you live. I have some Preseli bluestone (what Stonehenge is made from) at the moment from the Welsh mountains and it’s such an anchor to this land.

Gorgeous.

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013
Forum Posts: 3367

it looks like delicious fried chicken. used to have a collection as a kid but I gave them all away. i value pebbles i found more than gemstones i bought

but they’re so pretty though

Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Tyrant of Words
England 31awards
Joined 10th Jan 2021

anna_grin said:it looks like delicious fried chicken. used to have a collection as a kid but I gave them all away. i value pebbles i found more than gemstones i bought

but they’re so pretty though

... break yer jaw chewing on that particular nugget... 😆

Oh, I have a collection of stones and fossils I found too on many a windswept beach. Some amber and ammonites too. I especially like picking stones I feel drawn to from rivers (great barefoot summer activity)

Because my interest is more in the formations and the history than the metaphysical side, I don’t mind buying a few. But I’m also in a lot of swap shop groups online, so a lot of mine are free swaps. I’m just constantly fascinated by it all.

It’s me all over. It’s a hobby I can categorise and file and enjoy. That’s just what I do. 🙂

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013

it is what you do, and you do it so well ❤️ I’ll enjoy others collections and just hold my marble egg to feel included 😂

edit to say the egg was the one thing I couldn’t give away from my old collection and i love pressing it on my face

Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Tyrant of Words
England 31awards
Joined 10th Jan 2021

Stick a googly eye on that bad boy, call it marlon and you and the marble egg are welcome. 😉

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013

Northern_Soul said:Stick a googly eye on that bad boy, call it marlon and you and the marble egg are welcome. 😉

i must be a bit thick for that joke, but thank you, me and my egg thank you 🥚

Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Tyrant of Words
England 31awards
Joined 10th Jan 2021

Crystals and googly eyes... should never be unappreciated. 😋

anna_grin
ANNAN
Dangerous Mind
15awards
Joined 24th Mar 2013

Northern_Soul said:Crystals and googly eyes... should never be unappreciated. 😋

i am so glad i saw this today 👀😂😂😂

Eerie
Dangerous Mind
14awards
Joined 29th July 2018
Forum Posts: 889

Yes, I've seen the watermelon tourmaline. It's extremely cool. My sister is a crystal fanatic and has pulled me into her crystal collecting web. There is a little rock shop in the city over that I buy from, but mostly I get my crystals in auctions. I am currently bidding on a petrified wood heart that shows the wood grain beautifully. Fingers crossed that I win it!
I am also in search of a free form green opal.

Do you prefer the raw or polished? I am new to it all and still learning to identify the different specimens. Your pieces are quite lovely.

And I hear a horn playing the mournful song for your broken tourmaline.

Go to page:
Go to: