Go to page:

Crystals

poet Anonymous

Now... bear with me. I donít normally make chit-chat threads, but this is playing on my mind somewhat and I just wanna get some opinions.

Now then.

I have a rather large collection of crystals. I wear them as talismans for all sorts of situations. I sleep with them under the pillow. Sometimes they fall out of my bra at the end of the day. They just make me feel better about my day to day life.

Anyhoo...

Today I performed at an open air poetry gig to about 35 people (socially distanced of course - safety first...)

Naturally since social distancing has been in place during the great fuckening of 2020, I was particularly nervous to get back behind the aforementioned mic. So I wore a chunk of sodalite which I charged with my intentionó a crystal renowned for public speakers and the throat chakra.

Iím also a reiki practitioner. I do believe in chakras and energy. Yes Iím that woman. No I donít care.

Something happened to me tonight. Something just took over. I just became something else.

I canít remember the last time I performed like that. There was no anxiety. I just exploded into this fkn fearless thing.

Nowó

Iíve long believed in the calming effects of crystals. However, Iíve never had such a strong reaction to a crystal before.

Was it likely the metaphysical effect of the crystal or was it somehow a placebo effect that I had something physical around my neck that I believed was assisting me? Was it both?

So my question is this: do crystals have metaphysical powers or do we essentially make the magic in ourselves because we believe we have something assisting us?

Whatís your thoughts on them? Any stories to share?




Valeriyabeyond
Valeriyabeyond
Dhyana
Dangerous Mind
3awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 3rd May 2020
Forum Posts: 2648

Miss_Sub said:Now... bear with me. I donít normally make chit-chat threads, but this is playing on my mind somewhat and I just wanna get some opinions.

Now then.

I have a rather large collection of crystals. I wear them as talismans for all sorts of situations. I sleep with them under the pillow. Sometimes they fall out of my bra at the end of the day. They just make me feel better about my day to day life.

Anyhoo...

Today I performed at an open air poetry gig to about 35 people (socially distanced of course - safety first...)

Naturally since social distancing has been in place during the great fuckening of 2020, I was particularly nervous to get back behind the aforementioned mic. So I wore a chunk of sodalite which I charged with my intentionó a crystal renowned for public speakers and the throat chakra.

Iím also a reiki practitioner. I do believe in chakras and energy. Yes Iím that woman. No I donít care.

Something happened to me tonight. Something just took over. I just became something else.

I canít remember the last time I performed like that. There was no anxiety. I just exploded into this fkn fearless thing.

Nowó

Iíve long believed in the calming effects of crystals. However, Iíve never had such a strong reaction to a crystal before.

Was it likely the metaphysical effect of the crystal or was it somehow a placebo effect that I had something physical around my neck that I believed was assisting me? Was it both?

So my question is this: do crystals have metaphysical powers or do we essentially make the magic in ourselves because we believe we have something assisting us?

Whatís your thoughts on them? Any stories to share?





Missy,  congratulations on such a Fab experience.  
I am very happy for you and the outcome of your day.
Sodalite! What a good choice, a perfect stone you chose to enhance your ability to perform.
A beautiful,  powerful stone for your intention very wise choice.  
Sodalite as you probably know is good for self esteem, to promote self worth and overall emotional balance.

Since there is no scientific proof that crystals work, as medicine or if the energy they emit will work  the way we believe, then all we can rely on IS  our belief,  which is a powerful thing.

I have been digging quartz crystals for almost forty years,  my prize crystal  is a 40lb quartz crystal point.
I dug by hand the only tool I use was a screwdriver
It took me two weeks to dig it out of the ground.
I stayed the entire time pitched a tent and dug .  

There was Microcline,  as well as Mica in with the quartz
The Mica books were as large as my hand .
The location was unexpected as  it was a place where professional motocross riders of So Cal have practiced for many years .
I had been searching for Garnet at the time,  which I did find also  the size of a baseball,  when I felt a pull, an intuition to dig this location.
I denied it at first,
My son,  who we call
"The Crystal Whisperer" because he can find quartz pockets anywhere / everywhere. was reluctant to agree that there may be quartz where I had said,  so I began to dig by myself

My other son was busy on a Smokey quartz pockets about 4 miles away where he eventually pulled out 8-10 inch long Spears and a few sceptors.
With all  that being said,
I feel there is something to be said of belief, and the energy that emits from that belief as well as  from the crystal
and the ability to tap
that energy.

My son who dug the smokies also located a large pocket of quartz known as the Lemurian record keeper It has been told to him several times that he is of Lemurian DNA and not just anyone is set to find these stones
He found a record cache not seen by most in So Cal.
He believed he would someday find these "record keepers" and he did.
Belief is a powerful thing  my story I posted today on the SATORSQUARE magic? Or belief? Or ?
who can say if it was magic ? Who can say your experience was belief or energy
Only we who believe can profess to such experience it's what we choose to believe in .

One more story
I had a baby cottontail rabbit years ago who adopted me i had been living in the desert in my tent for three years when he  wandered into camp
He was very very young appeared to have lost his mom
I fed him local brush and greens,  the season was waning as far as edibles went, but we had an unexpected heat wave which was followed by a flush of tiny flowers I gathered them up and laid them out smorgasbord for the baby and I went for a hike. When I returned the rabbit was engorged he had practically eaten himself to death became impacted and within two days was near death
I was beside myself with guilt
I placed a large smokey sceptor in his bedding and waited
Before 15 minutes had passed he was startled out of his bed and began shitting everywhere
He ran circles away from the stream of shit that followed him
Haha now was it the power of the crystal? My belief? Or just time for the blockage to break free?



Umm
Umm
Dangerous Mind
Latvia
1awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 6th Dec 2015
Forum Posts: 2315

@Missy, ..Just quickly popping in to say I don't know anything about crystals but I'm supper happy and excited to hear you had such an experience <3  

Looking forward to following the thread and learning more about crystals... seems quite interesting 😊

poet Anonymous

@val thatís a heck of a story! A 40lb quartz tho... total crystal porn right there.

Yes the sodalite worked a treat. A lot of my crystals are rough cut and unpolished. But I think I prefer them that way. They feel pure. So I imagine physically digging them from the earth like that was quite a wonderful experience.

I used to be unbelievably scared of caves because Iím a bit claustrophobic, but I MADE myself start going into them. Iíve actually started to quite like them, and looking at all the formations of rock, the fossils, the crystals imbedded in the walls became truly beautiful. Thereís something about being within aeons of creation that makes you feel a bit more connected with life... and perhaps thatís what I like about crystals too. These things were created over thousands and thousands of years. They mean something.

Now Iím also aware that I feel very off balance sometimes when I walk into a place with a lot of crystals in, such as a crystal shop. Which says to me that the energy theory has some merit on a personal level.

And maybe itís the same thing as a belief in God ó we believe it is true, so we trigger that response within our bodies? (not aimed at any particular God. I myself am pantheistic so all definitions of God/ess are cool with me)

However your story about the rabbit is interesting. Animals donít have pre-judgements, and in the words of Lord Summerisle from The Wicker Man: ďI think I could turn and live with animals. They are so placid and self-contained. They do not lie awake in the dark and weep for their sins. They do not make me sick discussing their duty to God.

Thereís a friend of mine who specialises in animal reiki and I've seen some truly bizarre animal responses to energy. Amazing responses. Rottweilers becoming placid teddy bears. Birds flying out the tree into her hand. So I think animals are more susceptible to omitted energy than we give them credit for.  

Once you get into the psychology of it, thereís a lot of angles to consider. I just find it fascinating.

@Umm thank you! It is super interesting. I mean once you get past the ďooo crystals are just pretty omgoshfkskandbsmsknĒ gush brigade, looking into and learning what they supposedly do, and feeling your energy levels change is kinda interesting. Again ó in terms of science, we canít confirm if itís the crystal itself or a triggered response within ourselves. Personally I like to believe itís both... but I know, I do know, that I feel different when Iím around them. Always interesting to hear other peopleís stories and thoughts.

poet Anonymous

https://www.bhg.com.au/do-crystals-really-work

I enjoyed reading this article regarding the power of suggestion vs science when using crystals which is what I was thinking about yesterday.

Valeriyabeyond
Valeriyabeyond
Dhyana
Dangerous Mind
3awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 3rd May 2020
Forum Posts: 2648


This is my 40 lb Crystal an ink pen is laying beside it and one of the record keepers

Valeriyabeyond
Valeriyabeyond
Dhyana
Dangerous Mind
3awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 3rd May 2020
Forum Posts: 2648


This is a Garnet and emerald or emerald quality aquamarine
The aquamarine are difficult to remove from the host rock

poet Anonymous

Valeriyabeyond said:This is my 40 lb Crystal an ink pen is laying beside it and one of the record keepers

Thatís a beast! Incredible though.

I have a rough cut ruby that looks rather similar to the garnet in the picture there. Aquamarine is my birth stone so itís one Iím rather fond of 🙂

Valeriyabeyond
Valeriyabeyond
Dhyana
Dangerous Mind
3awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 3rd May 2020
Forum Posts: 2648

Miss_Sub said:https://www.bhg.com.au/do-crystals-really-work

I enjoyed reading this article regarding the power of suggestion vs science when using crystals which is what I was thinking about yesterday.


This was a good article well rounded
The piezo effect can be phenomenal
In the early 1980's NASA had numerous missions with the Space Shuttle to where they would shoot a laser down onto the SO CAL desert floor where there was one of the largest quartz crystal deposits ( virtually in my backyard) at the time they were experimenting with piezo electricity or piezo vibration on the San Andreas Fault Line
It resulted in an unstable fault (duh) so they injected massive amounts of water into the fault line to cushion resulting in earthquakes (duh,duh)

poet Anonymous

Yíknow now youíve mentioned about manual water injection, Iíve often wondered the effects of fracking in terms of crystal production.

One would think that the more they interfere with the natural conditions of the earthís structure, the more it would effect the growth of natural crystals especially in future generations.

Valeriyabeyond
Valeriyabeyond
Dhyana
Dangerous Mind
3awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 3rd May 2020
Forum Posts: 2648


One of the things I do with my crystals is wrap them in leather this one is 3.5 ft long copper pipe wrapped in leather topped with quartz it is a conduit for energy
Or an energy wand

poet Anonymous

Valeriyabeyond said:One of the things I do with my crystals is wrap them in leather this one is 3.5 ft long copper pipe wrapped in leather topped with quartz it is a conduit for energy
Or an energy wand


I have a few pieces similar! I have a selenite athame, and clear quartz wrapped on antler handles with stretched gut cord. Things like that seem to big business on Etsy at the moment.

OmenisNemo
OmenisNemo
Allie
Lost Thinker
  profile   poems   message
Joined 11th June 2019
Forum Posts: 45

Wooow that is so pretty! Looks mega powerful! What does it do? What does it feel like?

Valeriyabeyond
Valeriyabeyond
Dhyana
Dangerous Mind
3awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 3rd May 2020
Forum Posts: 2648

OmenisNemo said:Wooow that is so pretty! Looks mega powerful! What does it do? What does it feel like?

Hello,
The copper acts as a conduit and or receiver for the energy from the quartz crystal You can leave the end of the copper open or you can cap it.  Capped you can think of it as a
©"Star Wars laser that can project directed energy Uncapped which this one is will work as a vibrational energy wave for healing and overall chakra cleansing
If this were wrapped in black goat leather the intention would be dark.  
The brown calf leather I used is neutral or positive vibrations.
For healing and injury you can wave the wand in a cllockwise direction three rotations declaring your healing repeated three times.

Duncan
Duncan
Duncan Alexander
Dangerous Mind
South Africa
1awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 4th May 2010
Forum Posts: 2143

In 2014 I bought a few pieces of bhuddstone at R10 a pop(Just under a dollar).

Within a week I went to my first ever Khundalini yoga class. Something I'd never been to before and had no idea about and it transformed my life at the time. At the time, during the warm-up(Downward facing dog) the bhuddstone fell out of my pocket on the mat. The bhuddstone that I bought's defining quality was that it supported connecting with your highest self or something. I don't worry so much about what stones "do" so much now but there was a time when it seemed really important. I used to carry Labradourite around with me and it seemed like a lot of stuff would be packed in to the days I had one on me.

Go to page:
Go to: