Go to page:

Super-Equality, Plus-Plus! (Raising the bar on equality?)

EdibleWords
EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 7th Jan 2018
Forum Posts: 2892

The Arizona House of Representatives voted by a margin of 51-1 to pass a bill this week that institutes a mandatory life sentence for persons convicted of child sex offenses against victims 12 years of age or younger. The lone dissenting vote came from Democrat State Rep. Pamela Powers Hannley, who implied that the legislation was racist against non-whites.

https://www.infowars.com/posts/video-dem-lawmaker-opposes-arizona-bill-that-raises-sentences-for-pedophiles-because-it-would-hurt-people-of-color/

Is this a closeted racist using her position to mock Democrats? Or is she just making a parody of herself?

anna_grin
anna_grin
ilchruthach
Dangerous Mind
15awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 24th Mar 2013
Forum Posts: 3365

Miss_Sub said:

https://youtu.be/3TEhEplc_Sk

perfect viewing for people who tend to cry about being called out on shit

sincerely,

a cunt

Northern_Soul
Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom
6awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 10th Jan 2021
Forum Posts: 1270

anna_grin said:

sincerely,

a cunt

Pretty much my theme song for life 👌🏻

Valeriyabeyond
Valeriyabeyond
Dhyana
Dangerous Mind
3awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 3rd May 2020
Forum Posts: 2634

anna_grin said:

sincerely,

a cunt

Let's not trash this thread with immaturity
comments that are open ended intended for argument are unnecessary.
The comments posted are for legitimate discussion
Missy's comment would be considered wry humor, satire
from non confrontational attitude
If you despise Edibles approach to life stay away

EdibleWords
EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
Joined 7th Jan 2018

Valeriyabeyond said:

Let's not trash this thread with immaturity
comments that are open ended intended for argument are unnecessary.
The comments posted are for legitimate discussion
Missy's comment would be considered wry humor, satire
from non confrontational attitude
If you despise Edibles approach to life stay away

👍

Thank you! I appreciate it.

I appreciate her, but not those moments when she goes at me. If for no other reason - we donít want to scare off new members with acidic interactions. 🙏😁

We are coming up on DUPís happiest time of the year!! 🥳🥳🥳

Northern_Soul
Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom
Joined 10th Jan 2021

(Missyís comment was on her old account that has been quoted by somebody else today. To clarify, I donít wish to be part of this or dragged into anything further. Thank yíall and have a lovely shiny day. ☀️)

anna_grin
anna_grin
ilchruthach
Dangerous Mind
15awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 24th Mar 2013
Forum Posts: 3365

thanks so much val but i do not need you telling me what to do

Valeriyabeyond
Valeriyabeyond
Dhyana
Dangerous Mind
3awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 3rd May 2020
Forum Posts: 2634

Northern_Soul said:(Missyís comment was on her old account that has been quoted today. To clarify, I donít wish to be part of this or dragged into anything further. Thank yíall and have a lovely shiny day. ☀️)

Recognized and noted
You have a lovely shiny day as well

EdibleWords
EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
Joined 7th Jan 2018

Valeriyabeyond said:

Recognized and noted
You have a lovely shiny day as well

People are understandably afraid.

The CCP wants to assimilate the Uighur like their the Borg scooping the Enterprise.

So hereís a parody for us survivors...

EdibleWords
EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
Joined 7th Jan 2018

No no Scott Bao... no way is this a partisan fight.

Pedophile offenders do not get emotionally protected or elevated status.

Non-offenders would do well to just humbly keep their problems for professionals to hear.

Mommies and daddies have instincts, too. Think - mama bears.

EdibleWords
EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
Joined 7th Jan 2018

But to be factual, this is a photo from a previous year. Not the one that was staged for Trump.

And these women may not be teachers. Or the exact women of that 2017 event.

But this does not promote feminism in America. Equality may be hampered by the lack of civility.

Raising the Skirt held a workshop and performance on Jan. 20, 2017  in Newcastle to protest the presidency of Donald Trump on his Inauguration Day  entitled Raising the Skirt: Lament and Dissent.

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-factcheck-art-raising-the-skirt/fact-check-photo-does-not-show-women-in-the-u-s-screaming-at-trump-through-their-vaginas-idUSKBN27521V

Northern_Soul
Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom
Joined 10th Jan 2021

But this does not promote feminism in America. Equality may be hampered by the lack of civility.

... this event was from 2014 (and again in 2017) and was part of an art movement in the U.K. for women to reclaim the cunt. Just like weíre reclaiming the word witch, whore and any other words designed to demean women through the ages.

Ask yourself what is less civil ó women reclaiming their power in a safe, workshop setting or centuries of gender based oppression?

Further more, I run events similar to this here in the U.K. and itís about empowerment, body positivity and healing patriarchy. I would wildly suggest trying it, youíd get an awful lot of rage out.

If youíd like to ask any questions about such events, please feel free to ask. Otherwise, please donít comment on our lack of civility. It takes radical, personal journey of the self workshops out of context.

_feral
_feral
Thought Provoker
United Kingdom
1awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 23rd Jan 2021
Forum Posts: 117

EdibleWords said:
And these women may not be teachers. Or the exact women of that 2017 event.

https://youtu.be/e47gQn86Kgg

EdibleWords
EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
Joined 7th Jan 2018

Northern_Soul said:

... this event was from 2014 (and again in 2017) and was part of an art movement in the U.K. for women to reclaim the cunt. Just like weíre reclaiming the word witch, whore and any other words designed to demean women through the ages.

Ask yourself what is less civil ó women reclaiming their power in a safe, workshop setting or centuries of gender based oppression?

Further more, I run events similar to this here in the U.K. and itís about empowerment, body positivity and healing patriarchy. I would wildly suggest trying it, youíd get an awful lot of rage out.

If youíd like to ask any questions about such events, please feel free to ask. Otherwise, please donít comment on our lack of civility. It takes radical, personal journey workshops out of context.

I appreciate your perspective. I actually was having second thoughts. Certainly civil or uncivil, art is art. Itís not for me to perform - but I could stand to rethink things more as far as my opinion of them goes.

But I have a question; would you be cool with intact men raising the kilt? Certainly men are dealing with mutilation.

My response to seeing women do this is - some who are MGM or FGM survivors might have a bad reaction to this. Not because they are wholeness-phobic, but because they came to love themselves they way they are.

Now that is being challenged in a way that kind-of throws shade on their comfort.

Not that this is the reason to stop. But imagine if women with intact breasts were screaming at the world over mastectomy and showing off their intact breasts as an act of defiance?

To me, it is kind of a disruptive/aggressive thing, which encourages the question - to what end?

I think they got us talking about issues, so thereís a mission accomplished. 👍

Northern_Soul
Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom
Joined 10th Jan 2021

Of course Iíd be fine with men doing it. In fact I know men that do. Men are going through a hard time too and Iím pleased also to see an uprising of men challenging long held perceptions of what it means to be male.

We have had women with mastectomyís join us. Why? Because not only is the circle about empowerment, it is about healing. It is uplifting our sisters in whatever stage of life they find themselves in.

We have had trans women join us, accepted and welcomed. We have women with hysterectomies come to menstruation workshops. I canít have children ó never once have I been made to feel like less of a woman. Because thatís what sisterhood is. Not belittling. Not judging. Just accepting wherever we are in life.

When you stand in circle hand in hand with other women, literally bearing your scars... thatís where we are equal. True Sisterhood is the most radical journey of transformation you can ever gift yourself.

Itís never, ever aggressive. And never, ever a big stick to beat the opposite sex over the head with. Itís about healing our collective wounds and finding power in that.

Go to page:
Go to: