Go to page:

Freedom of Speech and Censorship Part 2

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
20awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 3534


Ahavati said:lolol! It's about how it works. . .gets bigger and bigger and bigger. . .

You need to stop browsing Candace Owens's facebook page.  

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
91awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 7889

JohnnyBlaze said:

You need to stop browsing Candace Owens's facebook page.  


* chokes on tea *

drone
drone
Dangerous Mind
Greece
10awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 3rd Sep 2011
Forum Posts: 1349

What's  Behind
The doors of the Government
of the politicians
of our
elected officials
when one looks
when one
does a little research
both sides
are the same
Profit
gaining an advantage
gaining influance
grabbing
immoral opportunities
coz there be profit
greed blackmail
a puppet smile
explaining
why
the promises given
no longer apply
maybe it's just me
but what i find
Strange
is that there is
no group
protesting
on the streets
Demanding
that these
wannabe
elected officials
should be tested
to see
if they are
fit for office
these people
should be tested
They hold the wellbeing
of our life's
and our children's future
in their hands
And yet
there are no groups
demanding this
to me
It's Strange
Why is that
coz if this was
made law
everything
would change



Valeriyabeyond
Valeriyabeyond
Valeriya
Dangerous Mind
3awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 3rd May 2020
Forum Posts: 1785

Ahavati said:lolol! It's about how it works. . .gets bigger and bigger and bigger. . .


Really not funny
It's so true
And this comes from a conspiracy theorist
One who used to look for little green men through a telescope.
Many "true" to life things have happened in my adventures with conspiracy, comparatively more BS than anything

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
91awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 7889

Valeriyabeyond said:


Really not funny
It's so true
And this comes from a conspiracy theorist
One who used to look for little green men through a telescope.
Many "true" to life things have happened in my adventures with conspiracy, comparatively more BS than anything


In the documentary 'Social Delimma', they address this very thing, Val. How one rotten seed sprouts into an unstable oak which can uproot and kill thousands when it falls, namely those who counted on it to contain the strength of truth.


cabcool
cabcool
Fire of Insight
Jamaica
7awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 27th Feb 2014
Forum Posts: 400


lepperochan said:Hullo

yeah I see what you are saying, good fellow. is why I wouldnt ask you to put yourself in the mind of an oppressor, just an average white guy trying to survive the 21st century

figured it would be more of a challenge.
I mean no disrespect, there is some method to my madness

it's very generous of you to accept, and I thank you heaps and bunches. dont feel tethered to a word count



Hey, lepp

Here's what you have asked of me:

Cabcool, good to see you. most of us have done what you asked. I wonder if you'd be able to write an essay from the perspective of an average white guy
fair is fair and all that jazz
.

I told you I would deliver, and here I am.  Hopefully, you don't mind me presenting my vicarious experience in poetic form.  What that does is give me latitude to take advantage of poetic licence in expressing more graphically what prose delimits.  It also gives you and other readers the opportunity to read between the lines and see as much as you wish to see (although some might even see less than I intend to say, by their own unliberated minds).

Because I am not "keeping elementary school," I will not rush to give an interpretation of my own poem at this time of posting.  I would rather wait to see how others interpret me.  BUT, because I also believe in highlighting covert meanings and intentions that are of notable import, I might return afterward to elucidate certain allusions and symbolism that I do not wish to miss the eye or be excluded.

slavesong
♪a white slave owner struggles to emancipate his mind♪


“A private faith that does not act in the face of oppression
is no faith at all.”  —William Wilberforce

grandfather owned a thousand slaves;
now he and they sleep in their graves.
he was their master, they his knaves;
they had no rights, he had no wrongs.

how oft they sang their mournful songs,
confused by cruelties and throngs
of passions they could not resolve!
high whites, low blacks the chains involve;

short nights, lame backs, long days revolve
around a pendulum of pain,
scorched by harsh sun, drenched by hard rain
—and gosh, the smell of blood’s stale stain!

dad gifted me a blind black boy
to serve me as my private toy;
my conscience he would occupy
—this willing, fragile peter pan,

whose limited attention span
suited my father’s master plan.
his loyalty was genuine,
my royalty seemed like a sin.

i wondered how he felt within,
strained by my every beck-and-call.
what words could his poor soul enthrall
that would not straightly mine appall?

the souls of black folk, says dubois,
may echo haunting airs of awe
unfamiliar to the bourgeois.
but flesh for flesh and bone for bone:

how has my white advantage flown!
what can for colour crimes atone?
life’s double-trouble hits my eyes,
hewers of wood in silence rise;

drawers of water skip demise.
to plough and nail and dig and bend,
their spirit, by strange means, transcend:
methinks white rule has hit dead-end!

© Copyright 2020 September 24
by Clyve A. Bowen♫

EdibleWords
EdibleWords
Dangerous Mind
8awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 7th Jan 2018
Forum Posts: 1834

cabcool said:.

slavesong
♪a white slave owner struggles to emancipate his mind♪


“A private faith that does not act in the face of oppression
is no faith at all.”  —William Wilberforce

grandfather owned a thousand slaves;
now he and they sleep in their graves.
he was their master, they his knaves;
they had no rights, he had no wrongs.

how oft they sang their mournful songs,
confused by cruelties and throngs
of passions they could not resolve!
high whites, low blacks the chains involve;

short nights, lame backs, long days revolve
around a pendulum of pain,
scorched by harsh sun, drenched by hard rain
—and gosh, the smell of blood’s stale stain!

dad gifted me a blind black boy
to serve me as my private toy;
my conscience he would occupy
—this willing, fragile peter pan,

whose limited attention span
suited my father’s master plan.
his loyalty was genuine,
my royalty seemed like a sin.

i wondered how he felt within,
strained by my every beck-and-call.
what words could his poor soul enthrall
that would not straightly mine appall?

the souls of black folk, says dubois,
may echo haunting airs of awe
unfamiliar to the bourgeois.
but flesh for flesh and bone for bone:

how has my white advantage flown!
what can for colour crimes atone?
life’s double-trouble hits my eyes,
hewers of wood in silence rise;

drawers of water skip demise.
to plough and nail and dig and bend,
their spirit, by strange means, transcend:
methinks white rule has hit dead-end!

© Copyright 2020 September 24
by Clyve A. Bowen♫


Very talented work. As always.

Are you aware of the human slave trade in America today? There are sex trafficked men and women, as well as young girls and boys. The methods of control are overwhelming and brutal. It happens to whites as well as every other color.

The United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime has a list of indicators that you can use to help identify victims. These indicators include:

Appearing malnourished
Appearing injured or having signs of physical abuse
Avoiding eye contact, social interaction, and law enforcement
Responding in manners that seem rehearsed or scripted
Lacking personal identification documents
Lacking personal possessions
A common misconception about human trafficking is that it does not happen in the United States. This is false, as the United States is ranked as one of the worst countries in the world for human trafficking. It is estimated that 199,000 incidents occur within the United States every year.


Slavery isn’t going away but we have made it illegal and now it’s a hunted trade, more than ever.

A European man, very average, could face trafficking oppression and document theft in the USA. It happens. Mostly, though, to women, often from places like Croatia. I know Ireland has a similar human trafficking problem.

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
91awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 7889

Oh Sarah!

How to drugs

https://youtu.be/W9R_U3pgxMI

Magnetron
Magnetron
Fire of Insight
United States
6awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th July 2014
Forum Posts: 429


Ahavati said:lolol! It's about how it works. . .gets bigger and bigger and bigger. . .

Where are they taking my cousin Gerard?!

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
20awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 3534

Presidential Debates VERSUS Hulu

DECISIONS, Decisions, decisions ......

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
91awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 7889

JohnnyBlaze said:Presidential Debates VERSUS Hulu

DECISIONS, Decisions, decisions ......


LOL! I'm going to brave it. . .as long as I can. . .

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
20awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 3534

I think I will too, provided my extinguishers are charged enough to handle the raging dumpster fire.

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
91awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 7889



JohnnyBlaze said:I think I will too, provided my extinguishers are charged enough to handle the raging dumpster fire.

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
20awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 3534

45 minutes until ignition.  🔥

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
91awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 7889

I am already nauseated watching the pre-debate. I remember my first presidential debate with my father ( Gerald Ford and Jimmy Carter LOL! ), who look like nursery school enrolless compared to these candidates. I can't imagine a president's son calling a his father's opponent  "Washington Swamp Monster" ( I did just see that, right? ). . .but then again. .  .

Go to page:
Go to: