Go to page:

Freedom of Speech and Censorship Part 2

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14273

Excellent poetry, Val! Thanks for sharing.

Valeriyabeyond
Dhyana
Dangerous Mind
3awards
Joined 3rd May 2020
Forum Posts: 2668

Ahavati said:Excellent poetry, Val! Thanks for sharing.

It was my pleasure
He is an exceptional writer from another site

drone
Tyrant of Words
Greece 10awards
Joined 3rd Sep 2011
Forum Posts: 2252

A GOP congressional candidate who’s come under fire for endorsing ‘QAnon’ conspiracy theories has taken more than half the vote in Georgia’s primary runoff race, putting her on track to become the first Q-supporter in Congress.
Businesswoman Marjorie Taylor Greene prevailed over her fellow Republican John Cowan on Tuesday night, earning more than 57 percent of the vote. Greene ran a victory lap following the final result, celebrating her win despite “the GOP establishment, the media, and the radical left” spending “months and millions of dollars attacking me.”

AMAZING a woman with balls

poet Anonymous

Wish I was as smart as everyone else who talk politics.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

LOL!

That's not saying much, Ricky! Here comes the old "birth certificate" argument from President Obama's era in regards to Kamilla Harris. That didn't take long! Let me nip that assertion in the bud now before it infects this thread:

THE CLAIM: Harris is ineligible to serve as vice president or president because her mother is from India and her father is from Jamaica. Trump said he “heard” the California senator doesn’t meet the requirements, adding, “I have no if idea that’s right.”

THE FACTS: That’s false. Harris was born on Oct. 20, 1964, in Oakland, California, according to a copy of her birth certificate, obtained by The Associated Press.

Her mother, a cancer researcher from India, and her father, an economist from Jamaica, met as graduate students at the University of California, Berkeley.

Since she was born on U.S. soil, she is considered a natural-born U.S. citizen under the 14th Amendment, and she is eligible to serve as either the vice president or president, Jessica Levinson, a professor at Loyola Law School, told The Associated Press Thursday.

“Full stop, end of story, period, exclamation point,” Levinson said.

There is “no serious dispute” in the legal community around the idea that someone born in the U.S. can serve as president, said Juliet Sorensen, a law professor at Northwestern University.

“The VP has the same eligibility requirements as the president,” Sorensen said. “Kamala Harris, she has to be a natural-born citizen, at least 35 years old, and a resident in the United States for at least 14 years. She is. That’s really the end of the inquiry.”

Trump was asked directly about the social media posts by a reporter Thursday. “I heard today that she doesn’t meet the requirements,” Trump said in response.

The false claims first started circulating on social media in 2019, during Harris’ presidential campaign, and they were revived again last week, days ahead of her selection as Biden’s running mate. Facebook posts falsely said she would not be eligible to take over for Biden, because her parents were both immigrants.

Fuel was dumped on the fire by an op-ed published in Newsweek that was framed in a “well, it depends” fashion. The magazine’s editors later addressed the piece in a note to readers.

“I can’t believe people are making this idiotic comment,” Laurence Tribe, a Harvard University professor of constitutional law, told The Associated Press at the time. “She is a natural-born citizen and there is no question about her eligibility to run.”

Trump was a high-profile force behind the so-called “birther movement” — the lie that questioned whether President Barack Obama, the nation’s first Black president, was eligible to serve. Only after mounting pressure during his 2016 campaign did Trump disavow the claims.

https://www.dailypress.com/nation-world/ct-kamala-harris-eligibility-fact-check-20200814-gnmdpc6febh77ozu6hnbpqa2qi-story.html

Any questions?

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5572

That this would happen crossed my mind the other day when she made her VP speech.

Trump is so predictable.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

JohnnyBlaze said:That this would happen crossed my mind the other day when she made her VP speech.

Trump is so predictable.

If she was white, this would not be happening. I would say it wouldn't be happening if she was male; but, Obama. . .

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Ahavati said:

If she was white, this would not be happening. I would say it wouldn't be happening if she was male; but, Obama. . .

Even the reporters on mainstream news like ABC Good Morning America flat out refer to the attempt for what it is : a lie,  a conspiracy theory, and racist.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

I Didn't Unfriend You Over 'Politics'
This is about humanity.

You know what I have to say to those people?

Enough.

No, really. Enough.

I am so tired of people feigning shock and outrage over others not wanting to remain friends with those who are directly or indirectly fueling discrimination.

Discrimination against gay people. Discrimination against black people. Discrimination against those of a different religion or national origin.

[ . . . ]

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_580fa553e4b06e45c5c6ff43/amp?fbclid=IwAR0RM7GczHIIH-0GmGDd1-cEiX70tdNIJrD_cL0MzApetsVAnn9iy7-zlYY

Bluevelvete
Tyrant of Words
United States 74awards
Joined 21st July 2020
Forum Posts: 2347

Ahavati said:I Didn't Unfriend You Over 'Politics'
This is about humanity.

You know what I have to say to those people?

Enough.

No, really. Enough.

I am so tired of people feigning shock and outrage over others not wanting to remain friends with those who are directly or indirectly fueling discrimination.

Discrimination against gay people. Discrimination against black people. Discrimination against those of a different religion or national origin.

[ . . . ]

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_580fa553e4b06e45c5c6ff43/amp?fbclid=IwAR0RM7GczHIIH-0GmGDd1-cEiX70tdNIJrD_cL0MzApetsVAnn9iy7-zlYY

100%
When the sunlight of truth shines down, revealing someone's real and true nature...
That it's one of hate and division, fueled on by a wannabe dictator misogynistic propagandist... I'm done.
Kudos to this post
💜–B
Ran across this meme...
#Truth

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Bluevelvete said:

100%
When the sunlight of truth shines down, revealing someone's real and true nature...
That it's one of hate and division, fueled on by a wannabe dictator misogynistic propagandist... I'm done.
Kudos to this post
💜–B
Ran across this meme...
#Truth

#Absolutely, B.

Valeriyabeyond
Dhyana
Dangerous Mind
3awards
Joined 3rd May 2020
Forum Posts: 2668

By his own admission, then Vice President Joe Biden used
upwards of $1 billion of US government loan guarantees as
a bribe to threaten the Ukraine government to immediately
terminate the Prosecutor General who was investigating
the corrupt practices of Burisma Holdings, as well as the
involvement of board director Hunter Biden.  This criminal
act constitutes a federal felony crime and disqualifies Biden
from holding public office.

https://youtu.be/rnIPw_Who7E

Video of him addmitting his guilt

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

* waves *

Does a C-SPAN Video [ out of context, of course ]  Show Joe Biden ‘Confessing to Bribery’?

The U.S. may have pushed for the firing of a Ukrainian prosecutor, but not for the reasons implied in a video clip.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/c-span-video-joe-biden-ukraine/

Short answer: No.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Here is a proposal, Val ( and all who support Trump ).  You have your own political thread, so why not promote all the good things about your candidate instead of wasting time attempting to ruin the reputation of the opponent?  

Let's get positive and not dredge ourselves in the dirt acting like politicians or their political ads. It's all nauseating.  Instead, let's promote the good of who we support? Because, frankly, NOTHING I can say or YOU can say will change another person's mind at this point. It's only going to push them into a defensive mode.

Best of luck on your candidate! May the best man win!

Umkay?

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Ahavati said:* waves *

Does a C-SPAN Video [ out of context, of course ]  Show Joe Biden ‘Confessing to Bribery’?

The U.S. may have pushed for the firing of a Ukrainian prosecutor, but not for the reasons implied in a video clip.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/c-span-video-joe-biden-ukraine/

Short answer: No.

That’s not to say the former vice president’s 2018 commentary at the Council on Foreign Relations meeting was worded well. Before his remarks morphed into “evidence” for claims that Biden ordered Ukraine to fire Shokin for investigating Burisma, they were picked up by Russian government-controlled outlets such as RT and Sputnik to levy accusations that the Obama administration was engaged in heavy-handed meddling in Ukraine’s affairs.

LMFAO!

RT.com is one of the sites Drone cuts his paste from!

Ahavati said:Here is a proposal, Val ( and all who support Trump ).  You have your own political thread, so why not promote all the good things about your candidate instead of wasting time attempting to ruin the reputation of the opponent?  

Let's get positive and not dredge ourselves in the dirt acting like politicians or their political ads. It's all nauseating.  Instead, let's promote the good of who we support? Because, frankly, NOTHING I can say or YOU can say will change another person's mind at this point. It's only going to push them into a defensive mode.

Best of luck on your candidate! May the best man win!

Umkay?

Exactly.

Use your Freedom of Speech wisely, because stuff like this BACKFIRES as the facts are then introduced for everyone to read.

Go to page:
Go to: