Go to page:

Freedom of Speech and Censorship Part 2

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
89awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 7460

And here we go!

Joe Biden picks Sen. Kamala Harris as his running mate

Former Vice President Joe Biden named his former campaign trail rival, Sen. Kamala Harris, D-Calif., as his running mate.

Biden announced the decision in an email to supporters.


https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/joe-biden-picks-sen-kamala-harris-running-mate/story?id=72021618

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
20awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 3314

Ahavati said:And here we go!

Joe Biden picks Sen. Kamala Harris as his running mate

Former Vice President Joe Biden named his former campaign trail rival, Sen. Kamala Harris, D-Calif., as his running mate.

Biden announced the decision in an email to supporters.


https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/joe-biden-picks-sen-kamala-harris-running-mate/story?id=72021618


Just watched her acceptance speech; I think I'd prefer Harris to be running for President. She has a real genuineness when she engages the audience.

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
89awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 7460

JohnnyBlaze said:

Just watched her acceptance speech; I think I'd prefer Harris to be running for President. She has a real genuineness when she engages the audience.


I love her! She's a fighter. And that Biden was able to overcome their previous disagreements ( she burned him good in a debate once ), says a lot about his character in choosing the right running mate, vs allowing the past to interfere in his decision.


Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
89awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 7460

History professor who has accurately predicted every election since 1984 says Trump will lose

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/08/07/us/allan-lichtman-trump-biden-2020-trnd/index.html\

I agree you should ignore the polls; they're constantly changing. Just last year this professor predicted Trump would be re-elected; however, in just one year it's flipped because of the virus and civil unrest.

He is also saying that the only thing that can upset his prediction is by voter suppression and Russian interference; and, we've seen what's going on there. And by whom. . .

Valeriyabeyond
Valeriyabeyond
Valeriya
Fire of Insight
2awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 3rd May 2020
Forum Posts: 1404

Ahavati said:

I love her! She's a fighter. And that Biden was able to overcome their previous disagreements ( she burned him good in a debate once ), says a lot about his character in choosing the right running mate, vs allowing the past to interfere in his decision.




Haha you two are so predictable I heard your accolades when I heard the news
I am as predicatable with this scorn on my mug .My party doesn't represent well it seems
Time to lay down some Kamala FACTS on my Gov thread

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
89awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 7460

Valeriyabeyond said:


Haha you two are so predictable I heard your accolades when I heard the news
I am as predicatable with this scorn on my mug .My party doesn't represent well it seems
Time to lay down some Kamala FACTS on my Gov thread


You can lay them down here, Girl! You're not going to get any argument from me on the truth ( you will be refuted on untruths in a civil manner ).  

I wanted to go with Weinstein's movement, but I feel he started too late. He can't get the groundswell he needs in time, and every top dem or republican who's voting dem this election says there's too much at stake, despite Weinstein's failsafe.

Maybe next election he'll have the support he needs.


Valeriyabeyond
Valeriyabeyond
Valeriya
Fire of Insight
2awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 3rd May 2020
Forum Posts: 1404

Ahavati said:

You can lay them down here, Girl! You're not going to get any argument from me on the truth ( you will be refuted on untruths in a civil manner ).  

I wanted to go with Weinstein's movement, but I feel he started too late. He can't get the groundswell he needs in time, and every top dem or republican who's voting dem this election says there's too much at stake, despite Weinstein's failsafe.

Maybe next election he'll have the support he needs.



Oh damn I know Weinstein was my guy this election
People don't know what to think of him They spend time trying to read him after he makes a statement.
There are some things about Kamala I posted on the other thread before I read this post Some are first hand account mainly of her Silence that is disturbing

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
89awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 7460

Valeriyabeyond said:

Oh damn I know Weinstein was my guy this election
People don't know what to think of him They spend time trying to read him after he makes a statement.
There are some things about Kamala I posted on the other thread before I read this post Some are first hand account mainly of her Silence that is disturbing


The only thing that disturbed me about Weinstein's Unity2020 proposal was Rear Admiral McRaven. I hate to say this because I don't want to sound prejudiced; however, he's the typical middle-aged white male who has dominated this country since its inception. I don't have an issue with middle-aged white men; hell my best friend is a middle-aged white male whom I would trust with my life. My brothers are middle-aged white men. I have umpteen political affiliates I support who are middle-aged white men: some are openly gay, others have unique and progressive ideas while maintaining honor and dignity.

This country needs a woman not because she's a woman, but because women are ready; they're qualified; their governance is from a maternal perspective of nurturing vs. the paternal of protection, i.e. - war war war defense! If there's not one we'll create one!

Rear Admiral McRaven is a patriot, and seems an honorable man; however, it's not what our country needs at this point. Our country needs to heal from the abuse its endured over centuries of being manhandled and the suppression of the divine feminine. EVERYTHING is a balance; and our country is not balanced.

I choose Biden/Harris because Weinstein didn't start in time with Unity2020. And I think he needs to reconsider the candidate he has chosen. I have no issue with Yang; he's fresh and committed. But I feel Weinstein needs to consider a qualified female for the ticket not because she's a woman, but because she is qualified and what this country needs.

If he does that, I may support Unity2024 to escape this two-party stranglehold.

We'll see.

Until then, mah dears, it's Biden/Harris for the win, and hopefully a bit of relief from this hard-fisted regime.


Valeriyabeyond
Valeriyabeyond
Valeriya
Fire of Insight
2awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 3rd May 2020
Forum Posts: 1404

Ahavati said:

The only thing that disturbed me about Weinstein's Unity2020 proposal was Rear Admiral McRaven. I hate to say this because I don't want to sound prejudiced; however, he's the typical middle-aged white male who has dominated this country since its inception. I don't have an issue with middle-aged white men; hell my best friend is a middle-aged white male whom I would trust with my life. My brothers are middle-aged white men. I have umpteen political affiliates I support who are middle-aged white men: some are openly gay, others have unique and progressive ideas while maintaining honor and dignity.

This country needs a woman not because she's a woman, but because women are ready; they're qualified; their governance is from a maternal perspective of nurturing vs. the paternal of protection, i.e. - war war war defense! If there's not one we'll create one!

Rear Admiral McRaven is a patriot, and seems an honorable man; however, it's not what our country needs at this point. Our country needs to heal from the abuse its endured over centuries of being manhandled and the suppression of the divine feminine. EVERYTHING is a balance; and our country is not balanced.

I choose Biden/Harris because Weinstein didn't start in time with Unity2020. And I think he needs to reconsider the candidate he has chosen. I have no issue with Yang; he's fresh and committed. But I feel Weinstein needs to consider a qualified female for the ticket not because she's a woman, but because she is qualified and what this country needs.

If he does that, I may support Unity2024 to escape this two-party stranglehold.

We'll see.

Until then, mah dears, it's Biden/Harris for the win, and hopefully a bit of relief from this hard-fisted regime.



I must agree with all that you said putting emphasis on the fact that women are now ready they ( we) have come into the consciousness as a whole united and ready to carry the load fully capable of making decisions that would not be considered motherly but like you said maternal responsibility.  

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
20awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 3314

Ahavati said:

The only thing that disturbed me about Weinstein's Unity2020 proposal was Rear Admiral McRaven. I hate to say this because I don't want to sound prejudiced; however, he's the typical middle-aged white male who has dominated this country since its inception. I don't have an issue with middle-aged white men; hell my best friend is a middle-aged white male whom I would trust with my life. My brothers are middle-aged white men. I have umpteen political affiliates I support who are middle-aged white men: some are openly gay, others have unique and progressive ideas while maintaining honor and dignity.

This country needs a woman not because she's a woman, but because women are ready; they're qualified; their governance is from a maternal perspective of nurturing vs. the paternal of protection, i.e. - war war war defense! If there's not one we'll create one!

Rear Admiral McRaven is a patriot, and seems an honorable man; however, it's not what our country needs at this point. Our country needs to heal from the abuse its endured over centuries of being manhandled and the suppression of the divine feminine. EVERYTHING is a balance; and our country is not balanced.

I choose Biden/Harris because Weinstein didn't start in time with Unity2020. And I think he needs to reconsider the candidate he has chosen. I have no issue with Yang; he's fresh and committed. But I feel Weinstein needs to consider a qualified female for the ticket not because she's a woman, but because she is qualified and what this country needs.

If he does that, I may support Unity2024 to escape this two-party stranglehold.

We'll see.

Until then, mah dears, it's Biden/Harris for the win, and hopefully a bit of relief from this hard-fisted regime.



Yes, with Unity2020 pretty much a No Go for launch, this middle aged white man's vote is for Biden/Harris.

And God forbid something happens to Biden healthwise, but it will be reassuring that Harris will be taking over if such happens.

Unlike the whole McCain / Palin scenario which would have resulted in what we already have.  

Trump is only concerned about his self image and keeping himself and a relative handful of wealthy people in the money.

There is absolutely nothing that can be said against Biden/Harris that would sway my decision into not voting for them. They would both have to be caught on video mugging a homeless person for me to refrain from voting altogether.

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
89awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 7460

Valeriyabeyond said:

I must agree with all that you said putting emphasis on the fact that women are now ready they ( we) have come into the consciousness as a whole united and ready to carry the load fully capable of making decisions that would not be considered motherly but like you said maternal responsibility.  


* fist bump *


JohnnyBlaze said:

Yes, with Unity2020 pretty much a No Go for launch, this middle aged white man's vote is for Biden/Harris.

And God forbid something happens to Biden healthwise, but it will be reassuring that Harris will be taking over if such happens.

Unlike the whole McCain / Palin scenario which would have resulted in what we already have.  

Trump is only concerned about his self image and keeping himself and a relative handful of wealthy people in the money.

There is absolutely nothing that can be said against Biden/Harris that would sway my decision into not voting for them. They would both have to be caught on video mugging a homeless person for me to refrain from voting altogether.


Agreed. I have every confidence in Harris should something happen to Biden. She's a lot like Ardern; a fighter but yet compassionate.

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
89awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 7460

This is interesting. Trump truly brought out the shadow that's always been there— a patriarchal notion of society we still live under;  systems of oppression that still exist;  white supremacy—so I feel we are truly in a stage of transition now, deeply as a collective consciousness, and as a country.

I do believe Biden is a transitional figure.


Kamala Harris Gives New Meaning to the Biden Campaign

https://www.newyorker.com/news/our-columnists/kamala-harris-vice-presidential-nominee-joe-biden-2020-election?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&mbid=social_facebook&utm_social-type=owned&utm_brand=tny&fbclid=IwAR1iXC9oqIx6I_4VogBsPMDgbWPry9uNbxEhgr3lPecLQwZT0N0aMGlXnB8

Valeriyabeyond
Valeriyabeyond
Valeriya
Fire of Insight
2awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 3rd May 2020
Forum Posts: 1404

pin the door, exit
of the sty, before pigs flee

Molotov cocktails to beat us
with smiles and batons
this isn't just another
riot
in the streets we
reclaim the pieces we
thought lost,
the feral empathy
the logical rage
the targeted violence that
for so long we've aimed
at each other
finds new mark on our
slavers logos
and the blue swine that
tend them

for this is still
abolition!
seven score and seventeen
years in the making
black and indigenous
lives, finally matter

we hear the call
to action and come
in arms,
umbrellas, shields, blowers, mortars,
sling shots and sticks,

arms full of love
for those that still
bear the weight of this
disease,
that knows only how to
eat

we follow but some
of us in solidarity
fight other battles.
in recognizing
one form of oppression
we recognize the rest,

intersecting roads of gold
to OZ we go
with guillotines of gods
and kings, and a basket
for holding wizard heads

non-violent action was never
tranquillity, was never
obedience, never
forget
we make tsunamis
of placid lakes
as we agitate

we are the children
of the flower children,
generations once removed
we learned and built
on what you
before us forgot or
comprimised away

we go to war with
the will of the damned
to slay for once
your shameful legacy
the world
is ours to leave somewhat
less the hopless mess
you left us

Macha

Written and posted by permission
By a friend of mine Macha




A

Valeriyabeyond
Valeriyabeyond
Valeriya
Fire of Insight
2awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 3rd May 2020
Forum Posts: 1404

petrol soaked
Galanis shards of
Pilavas bottles,
catch,

littering the symbol of
the self-unaware
they
remember the warmth
passed around the
olive wood table

between comrades,
remember the frigid
disdain as old bright
rags were stuffed
into feul,

potential energy
where once the ouzo
just lay
austerity blows
winds of loose change

gentrified Exarchia
still treasures it's
subversive Athenians

remember the
Truman doctrine
the troops in
their fields
matches made of
George Floyd
ignite

freedom's only cocktail
solidarity flows through the streets
fingers burn
and release
volleys of flaming heartache
rain destruction
the embassy is on fire

twisting inferno
warms
black clad bodies
and beating clenched fists
in chests

a new ballad
for the horizontal children
among the
earthlings

Written by ©Macha 2020

dustyJournals
dustyJournals
DjRicky
Fire of Insight
  profile   poems   message
Joined 23rd May 2020
Forum Posts: 968

Kevin Hart is a tiny, funny man; says the English need to learn the language better.
I’d have laughed more, if he said America is probably the only country in the world without its own language.

Go to page:
Go to: