3awards
Joined 3rd May 2020
Forum Posts: 2668

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14580

Valeriyabeyond said:This is NOT directed towards anyone just something to think about

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.ribbonfarm.com/2020/01/16/the-internet-of-beefs/&ved=2ahUKEwiyxurbvuvqAhVdPn0KHTi5AMkQFjAOegQIBhAB&usg=AOvVaw1MP3fhBuB6OhStiPF3GHjI

LOVE it, Val!  

A beef-only thinker is someone you cannot simply talk to. Anything that is not an expression of pure, unqualified support for whatever they are doing or saying is received as a mark of disrespect, and a provocation to conflict. From there, you can only crash into honor-based conflict mode, or back away and disengage.

Excellent post. I'll have to reread it later ( I typically have to reread something like this a few times to get it fully digested ). Thanks for posting!

Valeriyabeyond
Dhyana
Dangerous Mind
3awards
Joined 3rd May 2020
Forum Posts: 2668

JohnnyBlaze said:

I believe I was the one who posted about it earlier in this thread or previous thread.

Anyhoo, it seemed oddly suspicious. It could have been coincidental. I've personally not come across any follow up articles about either hangings.

Johnny don't steal my thunder !
Just kidding
I posted it in the "Cops" thread not sure if I posted here or not
Doesn't really matter who posted the fact remains two black men are dead
The families feel in their hearts it was not suicide. Not wanting to add fuel to the fire I believe authorities deemed it suicide . Sad truth

cabcool
Guardian of Shadows
Jamaica 12awards
Joined 27th Feb 2014
Forum Posts: 771

lepperochan said:

just to be clear. It wasnt me who said it. my thoughts were:  

it was a. racist (generalizing a race of people by their skin colour)

and b. bollocks

Please don't let me talk about this anymore   <~ what is that supposed to mean ?

Please forgive me if I am wrong, Lepp.  I thought I was picking up this thread:

" lepperochan said:
"To all: The pain that black people feel is not relatable to white people. It simply isn't. It's generations thick.  How can they ever begin the healing process to release old pain without getting caught up in stories or history if there is not a show of good faith and change on the part of white people?  

@Cabcool

I'm interested to know if the above is something you can concur with"

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

cabcool said:

Please forgive me if I am wrong, Leap.  I thought I was picking up this thread:

" lepperochan said:
"To all: The pain that black people feel is not relatable to white people. It simply isn't. It's generations thick.  How can they ever begin the healing process to release old pain without getting caught up in stories or history if there is not a show of good faith and change on the part of white people?  

@Cabcool

You're not wrong, Cab: he quoted me, asking if you concurred with something I'd said.  He considered that statement, by his own admission, racist and bollocks. I have refuted that in my last response to you.

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14456

you're not wrong, Cabcool. only I got the impression you might have thought I said it. just clearing that up, mostly because I don't want to be attached to such stupid thinking.

I don't disagree with your answer.

it's not black and white. I've no doubt there are some Americans who cannot relate to the plight of most African Americans, same way there are some irish, some Jamaican, some Vietnamese etc.

same way as I have no doubt there are African Americans who can't relate

I do appreciate you took the time to answer. thanks much

cabcool
Guardian of Shadows
Jamaica 12awards
Joined 27th Feb 2014

lepperochan said:

Please don't let me talk about this anymore   <~ what is that supposed to mean ?

Normally, I am a very quiet, "internal" person, lepp.  In this thread, I have said more words than are typical of me.  My poetry is where I usually gush the most.  I find myself going from one emphasis to endless others that often go off track to major in the minutest of unrelated detail (not necessarily in this particular instance).

I feel overwhelmed as I try to strike a balance between posts and the time I have for my wife and my family as we grapple with funeral details for my late mother.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

cabcool said:

Normally, I am a very quiet, "internal" person, lepp.  In this thread, I have said more words than are typical of me.  My poetry is where I usually gush the most.  I find myself going from one emphasis to endless others that often go off track to major in the minutest of unrelated detail (not necessarily in this particular instance).

I feel overwhelmed as I try to strike a balance between posts and the time I have for my wife and my family as we grapple with funeral details for my late mother.

Cab, please don't worry about this until you have tended to your family. This can wait.  We appreciate your willingness to participate.

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14456

cabcool said:

peace to you, man. I wish you the best

[it may be some time before we get used to each others way of speak]

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5573

lepperochan said:It's not about who suffered more. It's about relating. you attest that 'the white man'couldnt possibly relate. which is a. racist (generalizing a race of people) and b. Bollocks

Ahavati said:

Said the Irishmen who has never visited or lived in the Deep South.

lepperochan said:Lady, you clearly dont have the knowledge or intelligence to discuss it. good luck with your war on the white man  

cabcool said:

Please forgive me if I am wrong, Lepp.  I thought I was picking up this thread:

" lepperochan said:

@Cabcool

Ahavati said:

You're not wrong, Cab: he quoted me, asking if you concurred with something I'd said.  He considered that statement, by his own admission, racist and bollocks. I have refuted that in my last response to you.

lepperochan said:you're not wrong, Cabcool. only I got the impression you might have thought I said it. just clearing that up, mostly because I don't want to be attached to such stupid thinking.

I don't disagree with your answer.

it's not black and white. I've no doubt there are some Americans who cannot relate to the plight of most African Americans, same way there are some irish, some Jamaican, some Vietnamese etc.

same way as I have no doubt there are African Americans who can't relate

I do appreciate you took the time to answer. thanks much

Craic, this has been going on for months. In other words, too long. Please refrain from any further involvement in this thread if you can't be respectful of other posters.

cabcool
Guardian of Shadows
Jamaica 12awards
Joined 27th Feb 2014

Ahavati said:

Cab, please don't worry about this until you have tended to your family. This can wait.  We appreciate your willingness to participate.

Thank you, Ahavati.  I'm certain you know I enjoy participating in our discussions in this thread.  True, I have missed out on responding to some parts of the dialogue because of time constraints.

I will continue to check in as I find it possible.  I believe I have friends here, some of whom already understand me and others who are getting to understand me as much as I am getting to understand them.

Let me say publicly that lepp has really become a friend, so accommodating in our latest exchanges, that I must say thanks to him (and I will).

Blessings.

Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Tyrant of Words
13awards
Joined 31st Mar 2018
Forum Posts: 3572

JohnnyBlaze said:

I believe I was the one who posted about it earlier in this thread or previous thread.

Anyhoo, it seemed oddly suspicious. It could have been coincidental. I've personally not come across any follow up articles about either hangings.

I saw a follow up in California a few days ago...

Was brought up with other news on a reliable station...

Will try to remember which , and find it...

But yes , it was real...

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

cabcool said:

Thank you, Ahavati.  I'm certain you know I enjoy participating in our discussions in this thread.  True, I have missed out on responding to some parts of the dialogue because of time constraints.

I will continue to check in as I find it possible.  I believe I have friends here, some of whom already understand me and others who are getting to understand me as much as I am getting to understand them.

Let me say publicly that lepp has really become a friend, so accommodating in our latest exchanges, that I must say thanks to him (and I will).

Blessings.

I am happy to hear that, Cab. Hopefully one day we will all be able to say that to one another. Until then, you know Love; it's always pruning back the dead parts of us until we fully bloom.

Namaste, my friend.

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5573

Blackwolf said:

I saw a follow up in California a few days ago...

Was brought up with other news on a reliable station...

Will try to remember which , and find it...

But yes , it was real...

'Preciate it!

cabcool
Guardian of Shadows
Jamaica 12awards
Joined 27th Feb 2014

lepperochan said:

peace to you, man. I wish you the best

[it may be some time before we get used to each others way of speak]

Thanks, lepp.  Your peace wish means much to me.  I've just told another member of this thread how much progress I believe you and I have made in gaining a mutual understanding of each other.  

I appreciate your quieter and more accommodating tone.    I think we have done well and it will not be much longer before we share common ground in how each other speaks.

Your response to my call for a 10-point recommendation to improve BLM approach gave me new respect for you.

Go to page:
Go to: