Freedom of Speech and Censorship Part 2

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14145

* sniff sniff *

Judge orders Dakota Access pipeline shut down pending review

FARGO, N.D. (AP) — A federal judge on Monday ordered the Dakota Access pipeline shut down pending a more thorough environmental review, handing a victory to the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe three years after the pipeline first began carrying oil following months of protests.

In a 24-page order, U.S. District Judge James Boasberg wrote that he was “mindful of the disruption” that shutting down the pipeline would cause, but that it must be done within 30 days. The order comes after Boesberg said in April that a more extensive review was necessary than what the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers had already conducted and that he would consider whether the pipeline would have to be shuttered during the new assessment.

[ . . . ]

https://apnews.com/be393de49dae81a2198ef30976212290?fbclid=IwAR00plyykVHgJ131d2bt20anwBRPtiyTh93dyqVNusWHQ63MDPoO5BCzyoM

Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Tyrant of Words
13awards
Joined 31st Mar 2018
Forum Posts: 3572

That makes me very happy...

Should never have been built through that land ;

I had friends go and protest when it was going to be built...

Layla
Fire of Insight
7awards
Joined 3rd May 2018
Forum Posts: 1216

That could very well be as close to natural as one can define it to be but how tightly one can weave those threads to ensure none of those virus bugs will get through?
I'm sure it will suffice the requirment as face covering.

Blackwolf said:Just a question , Layla...

Someone has sheep , grazes them on organic grass , well water for drinking ,
gathers the wool , combs it out , spins it on a loom , makes a mask...

Let us just say that was done...how can one say *that* is not natural ?

( and I am not seeking to argue...just confused how that could be true )

Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Tyrant of Words
13awards
Joined 31st Mar 2018
Forum Posts: 3572

Layla said:
That could very well be as close to natural as one can define it to be but how tightly one can weave those threads to ensure none of those virus bugs will get through?
I'm sure it will suffice the requirment as face covering.

Thank you for the reply , Layla...

Perhaps if the threads ran side to side ,
with a second layer up and down , it could
help...it was just a wondering thought , but
I think it would be great to have...

Hmmm...we have anyone here with sheep ,
and a desire to create masks and make money ?

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

They are unhealthy for extended periods of time if they aren't properly fashioned for such use. I have family and friends who are nurses; some on the terminal illness ward; some in the ICU, and others in the emergency room.  They tell me, except for breaks and lunch/dinner, consults, they typically have them on all day for their patient's protection.  The only exception to this were from those who worked in the emergency room ( whereas until it was certain patients posed no thread of disease transmission, thus it was for their own personal protection as well ), and also infectious quarantine ( such as covid-19, Ebola, etc. whereas it was for their protection as well ).  So I guess that is two exceptions vs one.

I also have a very good friend who is a surgeon's assistant, and they have their masks on up to 14 hours for surgery as well.

This has been going on for decades for our healthcare workers. Masks are worn both for the protection of the patient as well as the provider. Sometimes for extended hours and sometimes limited.

One of my friends asked why, all of a sudden, is this issue so important?  Because the general public has to wear them? "Welcome to our world." she said.

When I explained to her that many employers were not providing proper masks for their employees, as well as the CDC and WHO not being crystal on what type of mask, that many were purchasing inadequate ones that neither protected them nor others against transmission.  She agreed that was an issue that should be immediately addressed with each employer. If it's required as a uniform ( of sorts ) then companies should indeed supply proper ones.

Albeit, we have the means to research as well; however, when funds are strapped it becomes an obstacle to protect yourself, your family, and anyone else.

drone
Tyrant of Words
Greece 10awards
Joined 3rd Sep 2011
Forum Posts: 2251

Debbie Hayton is a teacher and a transgender campaigner, based in the UK. She tweets @DebbieHayton

The best-selling author has been vilified for warning about how children struggling with their mental health are being shunted towards hormones and surgery by trans activists. But she is brave and right to speak out.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Thank you, MadameLavender, for tirelessly working for DU.

drone
Tyrant of Words
Greece 10awards
Joined 3rd Sep 2011
Forum Posts: 2251

no you did not say that
it came from the judge to the news
that you posted
many people do this
if this was you personal
writing
ie not from the news
i would say i'm sorry
that i am wrong
but it is not your personal
thoughts
is it
any one reading it
who are not blind
will understand
it is a post
from public news
and my reply is my saying
about what the news said
maybe i'm wrong
that this is your
personal writing
it's not from the news
could you
please
tell me
if it is
or if it is not

Valeriyabeyond
Dhyana
Dangerous Mind
3awards
Joined 3rd May 2020
Forum Posts: 2668

drone said:Debbie Hayton is a teacher and a transgender campaigner, based in the UK. She tweets @DebbieHayton

The best-selling author has been vilified for warning about how children struggling with their mental health are being shunted towards hormones and surgery by trans activists. But she is brave and right to speak out.

Thank you drone for this comment
This issue is overlooked
I knew a woman in Calif who had two young sons 12 and 17 ,she was a drug addict and had been in and out of jail their entire lives.
Their father is doing 20 years
The 12 year old boy was displaying behavior one could  call extremely confused. He insisted he was meant to be a woman
Without much psychiatric intervention she began hormone replacement within a year she had scheduled a sex change operation

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

After two restraining orders filed by Trump's brother, the courts ruled that Simon & Schuster should not be blocked from printing or distributing the book.

Trump cheated on his SAT by paying someone to take it for him, according to Mary Trump's new book

President Donald Trump cheated on his SAT, according to a coming book by his niece.

Mary Trump wrote in her tell-all, set to be published next week, that Trump paid a proxy to take the SAT for him, according to The New York Times, which obtained a copy of the book and reported on the passage Tuesday.

"The high score the proxy earned for him, Ms. Trump adds, helped the young Mr. Trump to later gain admittance as an undergraduate to the University of Pennsylvania's prestigious Wharton business school," The Times reported.

Wharton did not immediately return a request for comment from Insider.

https://www.businessinsider.com/donald-trump-cheated-on-his-sat-penn-wharton-mary-trump-2020-7?fbclid=IwAR2s6VUJvdzbBIeTZ6SrXCsIk4HEN_u0NBVE_zIG5Lc57tgJELwyXaTHw88

Valeriyabeyond
Dhyana
Dangerous Mind
3awards
Joined 3rd May 2020
Forum Posts: 2668

Ahavati said:After two restraining orders filed by Trump's brother, the courts ruled that Simon & Schuster should not be blocked from printing or distributing the book.

Trump cheated on his SAT by paying someone to take it for him, according to Mary Trump's new book

President Donald Trump cheated on his SAT, according to a coming book by his niece.

Mary Trump wrote in her tell-all, set to be published next week, that Trump paid a proxy to take the SAT for him, according to The New York Times, which obtained a copy of the book and reported on the passage Tuesday.

"The high score the proxy earned for him, Ms. Trump adds, helped the young Mr. Trump to later gain admittance as an undergraduate to the University of Pennsylvania's prestigious Wharton business school," The Times reported.

Wharton did not immediately return a request for comment from Insider.

https://www.businessinsider.com/donald-trump-cheated-on-his-sat-penn-wharton-mary-trump-2020-7?fbclid=IwAR2s6VUJvdzbBIeTZ6SrXCsIk4HEN_u0NBVE_zIG5Lc57tgJELwyXaTHw88

Wow although I'm not surprised
What a total cheat, liar, and loser it would be interesting to hear what he did as a child to "get over"
I understand we all do things that would be considered unsavory, and wouldn't want to be judged by our mistakes. BUT we are not the POTUS. He obviously hasn't used his mistakes as a learning tool, because he doesn't see that anything he does is wrong

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Unethical and entitled are two words that come to mind. It's all going to come out.  Whether people believe it or not remains to be seen.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

It's wonderful, and a good start; but, still not enough. It will never be enough.

'Historic day' for Standing Rock as pipeline company told to shut down, remove oil

Updated: Another blow for pipelines: The U.S. Supreme Court has kept in place a lower court ruling that blocked a key permit for the Keystone XL
Kolby KickingWoman
Indian Country Today

A federal judge has ordered the Dakota Access Pipeline to shut down and remove all oil within 30 days, a huge win for Standing Rock Sioux Tribe, the Cheyenne River Sioux Tribe, and the other plaintiffs.

In a 24-page order, U.S. District Judge James Boasberg wrote that he was "mindful of the disruption" that shutting down the pipeline would cause, but that it must be done within 30 days. The order comes after Boasberg said in April that a more extensive review was necessary than what the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers had already conducted and that he would consider whether the pipeline would have to be shuttered during the new assessment.

[ . . . ]

https://indiancountrytoday.com/news/historic-day-for-standing-rock-as-pipeline-company-told-to-shut-down-remove-oil-KkDdhNzafUONvPvkmBc66A

Take that, Trump.

runaway-mindtrain
Dangerous Mind
United States 8awards
Joined 30th July 2017
Forum Posts: 739

At least he is not a supporter of the Jim Crow slave party democrats... That has accomplished only terror and lies every since we took away their slaves. Now currently murdering, looting and assaulting people and property all over this country like the nazi/commies they are. Shootings of 6 children this weekend in the democrat chaos known as regressive cities...AND what compassion for peace? what calls for the end of violence? what announcement of a plan to do a fucking thing? Nothing...I mean Nothing but silence except to blame everyone else for their crime-ridden liberal soon to be wastelands and whine ad nauseam of how everything is Trump's fault. I hate to relate facts but despite Marxist lies and de-platforming of information, people of all colors are seeing through the liberal propaganda...Especially the black community. The DNC is in its death throes and like all dying systems, the grand 'ol slave master party is grasping at air.

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018
Forum Posts: 2993

runaway-mindtrain said:At least he is not a supporter of the Jim Crow slave party democrats... That has accomplished only terror and lies every since we took away their slaves. Now currently murdering, looting and assaulting people and property all over this country like the nazi/commies they are. Shootings of 6 children this weekend in the democrat chaos known as regressive cities...AND what compassion for peace? what calls for the end of violence? what announcement of a plan to do a fucking thing? Nothing...I mean Nothing but silence except to blame everyone else for their crime-ridden liberal soon to be wastelands and whine ad nauseam of how everything is Trump's fault. I hate to relate facts but despite Marxist lies and de-platforming of information, people of all colors are seeing through the liberal propaganda...Especially the black community. The DNC is in its death throes and like all dying systems, the grand 'ol slave master party is grasping at air.

Meh....

Really I think that Democrats always like the under-position.

It’s no accident they picked Biden.
He’s repulsive and would demoralize/burn out the party if elected.
If not elected they can just say he would have been a lousy but better option. Even if it isn’t true ...they can’t have it challenged if he never get elected.

All their work is outside the polls this year.
They already won.
They are just trying to figure out ....how large their trophies are this year.

Go to page:
Go to: