Go to page:

Freedom of Speech and Censorship Part 2

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018
Forum Posts: 2993

Ahavati said:

Yep; Trump is all for masks now ( thinks he looks cool in them ) so that dead horse is being beaten.

If Biden was against mandatory masking and for reopening, he’d be a viable candidate. He’d be fighting for a civil rights cause.

I’m going to steal a page from the liberal handbook for hope and change.

Our mask problem is not a voter problem. It’s a lobbyist/protester problem. A court matter.

Valeriyabeyond
Dhyana
Dangerous Mind
3awards
Joined 3rd May 2020
Forum Posts: 2668

Great response Ahavati
You speak truth here, I should not be pushing my belief without truth to back it up.
Running on gut instinct,  which in this case it would be wise to keep that to myself
Appreciate the call out

The lesser of the two evils is no way to vote
We should not have to be pressured into making a decision,  unless we fully support the candidate.
We need to believe in the candidate,
and what they stand for

If we all refused to go to the polls,  until someone worthy of the position of Commander in Chief stepped forward,
we may see change
The problem with that is,  Trump does have numerous supporters who feel he is the right candidate , where Biden doesn't have enough dedicated supporters who believe in him
There you go, we know who would continue as President

The mind games at play,  are plenty and varied
Much like the pandemic there doesn't seem to be a plan for America
The Presidential election in this country used to be something to be honored,
it once made us feel like family,  like we were actually doing something to be proud of.
Those days are gone I'm afraid

drone
Tyrant of Words
Greece 10awards
Joined 3rd Sep 2011
Forum Posts: 2251

Feds nab Ghislaine Maxwell over sex trafficking for Epstein. Will she now cut a deal and throw sweaty Prince Andrew to the sharks? HAHAHA

Damian Wilson
is a UK journalist, ex-Fleet Street editor, financial industry consultant and political communications special advisor in the UK and EU.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14145

Valeriyabeyond said:Great response Ahavati
You speak truth here, I should not be pushing my belief without truth to back it up.
Running on gut instinct,  which in this case it would be wise to keep that to myself
Appreciate the call out

We should not have to be pressured into making a decision,  unless we fully support the candidate.
and what they stand for

If we all refused to go to the polls,  until someone worthy of the position of Commander in Chief stepped forward,
we may see change
The problem with that is,  Trump does have numerous supporters who feel he is the right candidate , where Biden doesn't have enough dedicated supporters who believe in him

it once made us feel like family,  like we were actually doing something to be proud of.

Very true, Val. We're in a pickle. If we don't vote against the greater of the two evils, we will probably be stuck with him another four years.

We almost have no choice in the matter but to vote.  I'd like to know when this changed to where instead of exercising a liberty or right to vote, we were being forced into it? Or, I feel like I'm being forced into it.

Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Tyrant of Words
13awards
Joined 31st Mar 2018
Forum Posts: 3572

Is there a way of posting without this bullshit ?

I can not even read an article when
this is in there , over and over...

Seriously...eyes go wonkey...

’

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5572

Vote for whoever you want, however you want.

But the retaliatory bashing of "the other side" just because it was pointed out factually that your candidate did something reprehensible or in poor judgement needs to stop before any real dialogue can happen.

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018

Valeriyabeyond said:Great response Ahavati
Appreciate the call out

and what they stand for

we may see change

I think the beautiful proles who have been our heroes will not deliver us into the psychotic hands of the corrupt party trying to hijack their humanitarian progress.

Dumb things from the democratic crust need to be bucked, and humanitarianism is our defense.

As a nature loving hippie mom who’s been very pleased with the anti-establishment prole mood I’m hoping they continue shaking the top of their party.

I don’t want the victories to be watered down.

Let’s take down the gangs salivating over us, instead!

Viva the peasants!

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

If they're going to rename the Washington Redskins, these are the likeliest contenders

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/03/us/washington-redskins-team-name-nfl-spt-trnd/index.html

Calls have been growing for the team to change its name in light of the recent protests against racial injustice and police brutality.

Team owner Dan Snyder has resisted calls in the past to have the team name changed due to racist connotations, but the team announced on Friday that it would review the name.

"In light of recent events around our country and feedback from our community, the Washington Redskins are announcing the team will undergo a thorough review of the team's name," the team said in a statement. "This review formalizes the initial discussions the team has been having with the league in recent weeks."

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

For some Native Americans, Mount Rushmore is a symbol of broken treaties, white domination

In 1980, the Supreme Court ruled the Black Hills should still be Native land.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/native-americans-mount-rushmore-symbol-broken-treaties-white/story?id=71594501

Supposedly Trump supporters told the protesters to "go home". I can't find anything else to back up this claim, given another site reporting such crashed from ( likely server overload ).

But it wouldn't surprise me if it were true.

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018

JohnnyBlaze said:For some Native Americans, Mount Rushmore is a symbol of broken treaties, white domination

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/native-americans-mount-rushmore-symbol-broken-treaties-white/story?id=71594501

Supposedly Trump supporters told the protesters to "go home". I can't find anything else to back up this claim, given another site reporting such crashed from ( likely server overload ).

Which tribe should own it? Three have claims.

I thought they weren’t dictators but brothers. I would honestly expect better of them ...if it was in trust now.

Are they trying to build support for the Tribes?

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

JohnnyBlaze said:If they're going to rename the Washington Redskins, these are the likeliest contenders

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/03/us/washington-redskins-team-name-nfl-spt-trnd/index.html

That was my father's team! God. Before the Panthers finally settled in the Carolina's all I heard during football season was the Redskins from my father, 'The Steelers' from one brother, and 'The Cowboys' from the other brother. It will be weird changing the name but long overdue. This has been challenged for at least twenty years that I know of.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

JohnnyBlaze said:For some Native Americans, Mount Rushmore is a symbol of broken treaties, white domination

https://www.huewire.com/american-indian-protesters-told-to-go-home-by-trump-supporters-at-mount-rushmore/

KEYSTONE, S.D. — In a twist of irony, American Indian protesters were met by Trump supporters yelling “go home” near the entry to Mount Rushmore on Friday.

The protesters were actually on their homeland as protected by the Treaty of Laramie and upheld by a 1980 U.S. Supreme Court decision. The Sioux consider the Black Hills, where Mount Rushmore is located, sacred. They still refer to the sacred site as Paha Sapa.

“People were telling us to ‘go home’ and that’s where we were, on our sacred home lands. It shows how the american education system white-washes history and ignores the amount of injustice, genocide, and inequality that this country was built on,” Laura Ten Fingers (Oglala Sioux Tribe), one of the organizers, told Native News Online.
[ . . . ]
Militarized police were on the scene and sprayed the protesters with pepper spray to disburse the crowd. By 7:15 p.m. (local time) 15 protesters were arrested for refusing to leave. Three vehicles that blocked the South Dakota highway were loaded onto flatbed towing trucks and impounded.

The IGNORANCE. They WERE HOME. I would've loved to have seen that tribe pull a 'Get off my lawn' Eastwood move.

And for the further ignorant, the land belongs to the Lakota Sioux, who consider it sacred and was desecrated by the white man.  The other tribes ( Cheyenne, etc.) are merely backing their protest.

Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Tyrant of Words
13awards
Joined 31st Mar 2018

Exactly *what* does that have to do with Trump being
an asshole , and insisting on gathering on native land
dragging many thousands of people through native
territory , unmasked , when they should be wearing the
masks , especially if they are trespassing on native territory
without tribal permission ?

He and his brain dead breed need to stay out of Native territory...period

.............................................................................................................................

"Which tribe should own it? Three have claims.

I thought they weren’t dictators but brothers. I would honestly expect better of them ...if it was in trust now.

Are they trying to build support for the Tribes?"

Edible Words

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

In a jaw-dropping speech that amounted to a culture war bonfire, President Donald Trump used the backdrop of Mount Rushmore Friday night to frame protesters as a nefarious left-wing mob that intends to "end America." Those opponents, he argued, are engaged in a "merciless campaign to wipe out our history, defame our heroes, erase our values, and indoctrinate our children."

Vs. white man history of pillage, rape, theft, and murder being conveniently left out of the history books.  These people were trespassing on Native American land in the same manner our "forefathers" did: 'To hell with them if it contradicts what we want.'

Instead, when Trump spoke on Friday night of a "growing danger," he was talking about an entirely different threat than rising coronavirus cases. He referred to a threat to America's "heritage" -- rhetoric intended to rev up his base at a time when many Americans are attempting to relearn the nation's history with greater attention to the wrongs inflicted on Black and Native American people.

Repeatedly using vague pronouns like "they" and "them," Trump sought to play on the fears of a minority -- that appears to be shrinking, according to polls -- who view the rise of Black Lives Matter as a threat to the historical dominance of White people. He described the goals of protesters who are attempting to right the wrongs of history as "alien to our culture, and to our values."

[ . . . ]

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/04/politics/donald-trump-mount-rushmore-culture-wars-july-4th/index.html

I am so livid right now. 'Murica! Yo!' The ignorance is stifling.

Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Tyrant of Words
13awards
Joined 31st Mar 2018

Let's not throw Yo! into Trump's ball park...

That was a *street* word...same as *Respect*

Which *he* does not have...;)

Go to page:
Go to: