Go to page:

Freedom of Speech and Censorship Part 2

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14587

JohnnyBlaze said:Dept. of Justice looking into noose found in NASCAR star Bubba Wallace's garage stall

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/22/us/nascar-noose-bubba-wallace-spt-trnd/index.html

You go, Bubba, GO!

The more things change the more they stay the same.

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5573

Ahavati said:

The more things change the more they stay the same.

Hopefully not for much longer.

Meanwhile, Confederate Flag enthusiasts drove around the stadium during the last race with their ( BANNED ) flags a'flying.

And an airplane flew overhead towing a banner stating, DEFUND NASCAR.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

JohnnyBlaze said:

Hopefully not for much longer.

Meanwhile, Confederate Flag enthusiasts drove around the stadium during the last race with their ( BANNED ) flags a'flying.

And an airplane flew overhead towing a banner stating, DEFUND NASCAR.

At least some people have common sense:

UNITED SCENE FOR NATIONAL ANTHEM AT TALLADEGA

A scene of unity in the garage, standing in support for Bubba Wallace during the national anthem at Talladega Superspeedway.

https://m.nascar.com/video/franchise/nascar-cup-highlights/united-scene-for-national-anthem-at-talladega/?utm_source=mpog&utm_term=9385

JOHNSON: ‘WE WANT TO STAND WITH BUBBA’

Seven-time NASCAR Cup Series champion Jimmie Johnson says the garage wants to stand with Bubba Wallace as the young driver fights for equality.

https://m.nascar.com/video/franchise/nascar-cup-highlights/johnson-we-want-to-stand-with-bubba/?utm_source=mpog&utm_term=9384

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Harriet Tubman's image is projected on the Robert E. Lee Monument in Richmond, Va., as people gather around on June 18, 2020 Tasos Katopodis—Getty Images

As Confederate Statues Come Down, It's Worth Remembering That the Civil War Wasn't the Only American Conflict Involving Slavery

HISTORY OPINION

As Confederate Statues Come Down, It's Worth Remembering That the Civil War Wasn't the Only American Conflict Involving Slavery

BY PHILLIP GOODRICH
JUNE 22, 2020 5:45 PM EDT

The Confederate monuments that are coming down across the United States have once again ignited a generations-old American argument. Though the idea that the war was really about the “noble cause” of states’ rights retains its mystique for some, historians agree that the root cause of the Civil War was slavery. The worst American war in the nation’s history—from the standpoint of casualties, direct costs and indirect consequences—was fought in a vain attempt by the Confederate States to preserve that “peculiar institution.” Now, 155 years later, not only are statues of Confederate leaders being removed in cities from Richmond to New Orleans, Confederate battle flags are being banned at public events and U.S. military bases named after Confederate military leaders face possible name changes.

But the Civil War did not occur in a vacuum; it was the culmination of centuries of institutional racism against people of African origin. The previous 240 years had seen ongoing suppression of the rights of Black people to live free within America. Long before the Civil War, history records efforts of individual enslaved people to revolt, to escape or both, with varying degrees of success. The Civil War was the culmination of a failed racial policy that was stillborn in 1619 when the first Africans were brought to Virginia and sold to the highest bidders. And, as many Americans hope to take this moment to reassess the way the nation thinks about its past, it’s worth remembering that the Civil War was not the only American war in which slavery played an important role.

[ . . . ]

https://www.google.com/amp/s/time.com/5857402/confederate-monuments-american-revolution/%3famp=true

cabcool
Guardian of Shadows
Jamaica 12awards
Joined 27th Feb 2014
Forum Posts: 771

All Lives Matter ( )

Preamble
A king in his castle has no need to block the streets and declare that kings matter.  Who is oppressing the king, anyway?

Angels in heaven have no need to beg for a share of glory on the grounds that angels matter.  Who is oppressing angels, anyway?

A baby on the breast is not likely to bite his mother’s nipples to demonstrate that babies matter.  After all, is that mother oppressing her little baby?

If all lives were equal, why would any particular people need to disrupt the status quo to validate that all lives mattered?

The Truth of What Matters
I tell you a story:  He who feels it knows it.
When a particular people have been pushed against the wall in a way that other peoples have not been pushed against that same wall;

When another people have assumed self-appointed roles of superiority that cause them to demoralise and demean those over whom they assume control;

When a society denies the downpressed those egalitarian rights by which that very society should establish social justice for all its peoples;

Then it becomes obvious that, to that society, not all lives matter.  To me, the dispossessed of that society must assume their own defense and rise to fix the ills imposed upon them for no just cause.  The fact that, pressed to the wall they MUST respond, is only a testament that they feel and know what pain is, that they are intelligent and can detect unfairness, and that they want change and must pursue that change, rather than die like animals.

This is as natural and inevitable as the most elementary scientific cause and effect.  Individuals know when they treat others unjustly because injustice cuts against the Law written deep in the heart of men, and individuals know when others unjustly treat them because that same Law exposes the transgressions of others.

When Asian people respond to imposed oppression, then:  do not spit in their faces, frustrate their efforts, and declare that other lives matter also.  If—God forbid—Caucasian people should (in fact, could) face oppression in much the same way as so-called minority groups, would they not have a right to defend themselves and claim their share of societal privileges and human rights?  Of course they would!  And they would know oppression by the feelings that they feel.  And they would know when enough was enough.  And they would burst asunder like a trapped fuse that could no longer be contained.

Now, when Black people, after 401 years of oppression and inequality, slaughter, enslavement, and demoralising, being full of the emotions of suffering and debasement, explode “like a taut nerve provoked beyond endurance,” 1  what other people can speak on their behalf that enough is not enough or that the lives of the “well-to-do” matter also?

The answer to Black lives crying out in agony cannot be that Caucasian lives matter too, or that Asian lives matter too, or even that all lives matter.  It must be to develop the courage to reform a society of animals.  We must seek to transform a bigoted nation beyond the outcome of a pyrrhic victory that leaves protagonists as well as antagonists dead in the streets.

The Root of the Issue:  Am I My Brother’s Keeper?
God created the world under the motto, “All lives matter.”  When the first murderer killed his own brother, he did it over jealousy born of his own failure to live up to the standard of sacrifice God demanded of him, even while his brother was obedient.  And when God asked him, “Where is thy brother?” his response was, “Am I my brother’s keeper?”  Read it in Genesis 4:1-9 NIV, here:
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis+4%3A1-9&version=NIV

Synthesis and Re-Solution:  I Am My Brother’s Keeper!
I Am My Brother’s Keeper:  A Juneteenth Message
Read it here:  https://justicerevival.org/i-am-my-brothers-keeper-a-juneteenth-message/

1   From piano recital – a poem by cab

SweetKittyCat5
Tyrant of Words
26awards
Joined 5th Sep 2018
Forum Posts: 1441

Beautifully stated my poet🌹

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Thank you for your input, Cabcool. And thank you for sharing your feelings with us.  While I found your entire statement moving, I found the following resonating with what I have been trying to say for weeks here:

The answer to Black lives crying out in agony cannot be that Caucasian lives matter too, or that Asian lives matter too, or even that all lives matter. It must be to develop the courage to reform a society of animals.  We must seek to transform a bigoted nation beyond the outcome of a pyrrhic victory that leaves protagonists as well as antagonists dead in the streets.

I also found your link to be moving as well, Cabcool. It's unfathomable to me what Floyd's family must be feeling at having witnessed his murder like that. It's more disturbing that the United Nations Human Rights Council isn't going to intervene outside of a liaison; however, I do agree that having a platform to speak is progress. I would like to know the particulars as to why certain allies in europe, Asia, and Australia pushed back against the African groups original demand.

I also cannot get the following quote out of my mind:

"When George Floyd called out for his mother, every mother heard him."

May we, as mothers, fathers, brothers, and sisters answer that call with personal change and inclusive action in whatever area we are afforded.

Do you have any advice for white people outside of your contribution above?  Can you share how racism has impacted your life, and how we, as white people, can avoid such offensive ignorance?

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

SweetKittyCat5 said:Beautifully stated my poet🌹

Thank you for joining, SweetKittyCat.  If you have anything personal to share, or any advice for white people, we are listening.  This is a safe platform of open dialogue and mutual respect in an environment of dispelling ignorance.

cabcool
Guardian of Shadows
Jamaica 12awards
Joined 27th Feb 2014

cabcool
Guardian of Shadows
Jamaica 12awards
Joined 27th Feb 2014

SweetKittyCat5 said:Beautifully stated my poet🌹

Thank you, Sweet, SweetKittyCat5!

I do not often get into these discussions, but there comes a time that all must stand and be counted for the sake of justice and reform.

One cannot apologise for a revolution, when to abort it is to live in misery and die in shame.

Valeriyabeyond
Dhyana
Dangerous Mind
3awards
Joined 3rd May 2020
Forum Posts: 2668

cabcool said:
All Lives Matter ( )

Preamble
A king in his castle has no need to block the streets and declare that kings matter.  Who is oppressing the king, anyway?

Angels in heaven have no need to beg for a share of glory on the grounds that angels matter.  Who is oppressing angels, anyway?

A baby on the breast is not likely to bite his mother’s nipples to demonstrate that babies matter.  After all, is that mother oppressing her little baby?

If all lives were equal, why would any particular people need to disrupt the status quo to validate that all lives mattered?

The Truth of What Matters
I tell you a story:  He who feels it knows it.
When a particular people have been pushed against the wall in a way that other peoples have not been pushed against that same wall;

When another people have assumed self-appointed roles of superiority that cause them to demoralise and demean those over whom they assume control;

When a society denies the downpressed those egalitarian rights by which that very society should establish social justice for all its peoples;

Then it becomes obvious that, to that society, not all lives matter.  To me, the dispossessed of that society must assume their own defense and rise to fix the ills imposed upon them for no just cause.  The fact that, pressed to the wall they MUST respond, is only a testament that they feel and know what pain is, that they are intelligent and can detect unfairness, and that they want change and must pursue that change, rather than die like animals.

This is as natural and inevitable as the most elementary scientific cause and effect.  Individuals know when they treat others unjustly because injustice cuts against the Law written deep in the heart of men, and individuals know when others unjustly treat them because that same Law exposes the transgressions of others.

When Asian people respond to imposed oppression, then:  do not spit in their faces, frustrate their efforts, and declare that other lives matter also.  If—God forbid—Caucasian people should (in fact, could) face oppression in much the same way as so-called minority groups, would they not have a right to defend themselves and claim their share of societal privileges and human rights?  Of course they would!  And they would know oppression by the feelings that they feel.  And they would know when enough was enough.  And they would burst asunder like a trapped fuse that could no longer be contained.

Now, when Black people, after 401 years of oppression and inequality, slaughter, enslavement, and demoralising, being full of the emotions of suffering and debasement, explode “like a taut nerve provoked beyond endurance,” 1  what other people can speak on their behalf that enough is not enough or that the lives of the “well-to-do” matter also?

The answer to Black lives crying out in agony cannot be that Caucasian lives matter too, or that Asian lives matter too, or even that all lives matter.  It must be to develop the courage to reform a society of animals.  We must seek to transform a bigoted nation beyond the outcome of a pyrrhic victory that leaves protagonists as well as antagonists dead in the streets.

The Root of the Issue:  Am I My Brother’s Keeper?
God created the world under the motto, “All lives matter.”  When the first murderer killed his own brother, he did it over jealousy born of his own failure to live up to the standard of sacrifice God demanded of him, even while his brother was obedient.  And when God asked him, “Where is thy brother?” his response was, “Am I my brother’s keeper?”  Read it in Genesis 4:1-9 NIV, here:
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis+4%3A1-9&version=NIV

Synthesis and Re-Solution:  I Am My Brother’s Keeper!
I Am My Brother’s Keeper:  A Juneteenth Message
Read it here:  https://justicerevival.org/i-am-my-brothers-keeper-a-juneteenth-message/

1   From piano recital – a poem by cab

Beautifully written Cab
I shouldn't put a burr in it's lining so I will be very careful The God of the Bible did not feel that all lives matter he did not create everyone as equals He specifically said he had "chosen people" he was or is a respector of persons
Beautiful piece nonetheless less
You touch on some critical points
Much Love V

Valeriyabeyond
Dhyana
Dangerous Mind
3awards
Joined 3rd May 2020
Forum Posts: 2668

This image is the first thing you see when you drive into my town
Old Town Antique Stores
The Old Train Depot , Haunted Hotels Secret underground tunnels leading to the railroad
100+ yr old court houses and school buildings . Petrified Volcanic Tuff
And Racism
The mayor refuses to remove it Freedom of expression
BLM wanted to paint the adjacent wall answer was no the owner is the same guy who painted this image
Sad

drone
Tyrant of Words
Greece 10awards
Joined 3rd Sep 2011
Forum Posts: 2254

Their woman raped
butchered murdered
their children
the same

No one
bends the knee

The men Untrainable
as Slaves
hunted like animals
defending their culture
their lands

Nobody
Bends the knee

Every
Contract
Broken
by your government
Forced to walk
the road of tears
Forced to live
on barron landS

Nobody
bends the knee

To a people
who have lost
Everything

And yet
through all the pain
the near Extinction
of their race
their pride
still stands strong
Untrainable
as Slaves
they
their women
and the children
are still paying The Price
But nobody cares
to see
Nobody

Bends The Knee

Comment

Omg a #white lives matter too
Poem. How original.

ER NO  
THE LAST TIME
I looked
American Indians
were never classed
as white
OMG
How original
I'M
AMAZED
That you thought  
my saying  
was about  
European Americans

knee jerk
pure ignorance
SAD

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018
Forum Posts: 2993

Valeriyabeyond said: The God of the Bible did not feel that all lives matter

I did not know you believe that. Why?

I read all are one.

he did not create everyone as equals

We don’t even have male or female assignments in Christ’s body.

He specifically said he had "chosen people"

The “chosen” just had a job. To keep a record. God made Ephraim the tribe of all tribes. His son in one.

he was or is a respector of persons

Acts 10:34 says otherwise.

drone
Tyrant of Words
Greece 10awards
Joined 3rd Sep 2011
Forum Posts: 2254

It can only be
ignorance
and self deception
that stands
in our way