Behind The Wall of Government  Election 2020

Valeriyabeyond
Dhyana
Dangerous Mind
3awards
Joined 3rd May 2020
Forum Posts: 2668

EdibleWords said:

Translation: Americans favor life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness - regardless of party lines.

Long live the Independent Mind.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/06/10/upshot/black-lives-matter-attitudes.html

I feel a new term is required to describe your behavior Edible
You deflect, project, seek limelight, claim victim ,then blame
Perhaps there is already a label for it
IDK
I enjoyed reading Layla's comment,  she shared her current real life,  situation and how she's  dealing  with it  
She brought comment to life,  in her own personal way,  which you quickly stomped on,  squashed, and basically told her that her feelings were irrelevant because YOU MATTER
Very childish Edible bordering on dialogue that could be seen as unstable
I have love for you Sweet Edible what can I do for you to help you with this newly discovered passion of yours
Do you want to discuss masks, the election, Trump supporters, / haters?

Perhaps you have a way to resolve,
this revolution we are in.
Part of starting a revolution is to begin, with a plan to resolve
Do you have a plan,  to resolve this current rant of yours ?
Any suggestions to help me help you is appreciated

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018
Forum Posts: 2993

EdibleWords said:

you weren’t directly addressing me, but thank you for your post. It was a satisfying on the ground white/blue-collar type report. 💎💎💎

👏😎
🙏

Jess
Valeriyabeyond said:

I feel a new term is required to describe your behavior Edible

She brought comment to life,  in her own personal way,  which you quickly stomped on,  squashed, and basically told her that her feelings were irrelevant because YOU MATTER
Very childish Edible bordering on dialogue that could be seen as unstable

I understand you are uncomfortable with me being visible in adult dialogue. Please do not address me with your bias anymore.

It’s hard enough coming out as transracial without you constantly accusing me of a mental disorder.

Do you have a plan,  to resolve this current rant of yours ?

What justifies you describing my participation as ranting? I’m hurt. Please stop trying to socially ostracize me. I too, have feelings and reason to discuss current events.
Any suggestions to help me help you is appreciated

Neglect me, please. 👍🌹

Valeriyabeyond
Dhyana
Dangerous Mind
3awards
Joined 3rd May 2020

EdibleWords said:

Neglect me, please. 👍🌹

Neglect is a pattern of failing to provide for a child's basic needs. It is abuse through omission; of not doing something resulting in significant harm or risk of significant harm. There are four types of neglect: physical neglect, medical neg- lect, educational neglect and emotional neglect

Layla
Fire of Insight
7awards
Joined 3rd May 2018
Forum Posts: 1216

Ahavati, I don't think I was this frustrated and angry about the topic of masks till I saw on the news few days ago that Biden will make face masks compulsory if he becomes president.  
it's been challenging to wear a mask as an essential worker just as is to many, many of us working every day and dealing with this situation..but I was in hopes that as things settled and businesses re-opened we would find that middle ground of some common sense and less hysteria.

Especially after noticing the foul smell of my own mask during the day and thinking more in terms of what exactly are we covering our faces with, what is it that we're breathing in thinking its actually a filter to protect us from the virus, I began to look deeper into this topic.
Many have been using fabric cloth masks in order to protect the environement from disposable ones but sadly most are clueless on what textiles companies do to process those fabrics.  99.99% of the cotton grown is treated with very harmful pesticides developed by Monsanto and once they get into the factories for processing they're treated with more chemicals, then dyes, then submerged in another process of chemicals to seal the dye.
That's why very rarely dyes bleed in washing.
Therefore, these materials made to wear on skin were not made to breathe thru.
Then factoring in detergents which are made with whole other set of chemicals to 'clean', softeners with odors..
which most often do not bother us topically but they were not made to inhale.

I worry greatly on the ramifications of this mask mess in coming years.
It makes me think of those drug commercials that say, if you take this it will help with this one issue but then there's the footnote that tells all the side effects, that it will cause cancer, birth defects, heart attack, sexual dysfunction, etc, etc and death lol

In Covid19 we're not hearing any footnotes, all they say is:
[The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends that everyone "should wear a cloth face cover when they have to go out in public" to reduce transmission and slow the spread of the coronavirus, which is highly contagious.]

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/26/politics/joe-biden-masks-mandatory-coronavirus/index.html

I think there's so much hysteria out there that no one is thinking clearly anymore.  People are lashing out to anyone that remotely questions the mask issue, calling them all kinds of deragotory names, putting them down and perhaps what puzzles me the most is..calling them 'Selfish'.
I am seeing, hearing that everywhere!

(I'm sure we all heard of the woman in trader joes refusing to wear the mask..its been all over social media condemning her.)

I would love to know how they came up with that label, what is it that they think its selfishness if one questions something that there's no clear specification, that a paper towel on the nose and mouth is suffice to make them feel 'safe' to be around each other.

I guess, if we are to wear masks..then the government need to be very specific and we all have to wear the same type.  
If I, as essential worker have to get my temp taken every morning upon entering the building, i'd would want that all customers need their temps to be taken too before they enter the doors.
If they're actually monitoring how many go in the stores keeping tab of capacity, they need to actually hire more security guards to make sure in aisles there aren't more than 2 people at a time shopping.
But, we have to remember that the more controlled the environment gets the more we will turn into a communist country.

Ahavati said:

My heart goes out to healthcare professionals whose mask creates a vacuum when they take their off after a shift. It all seems so much; however, perspective changes when a friend or family member is diagnosed positive. It then becomes a small step.

Our ( NC ) governor just issued an executive order outlining mandatory mask wearing in public where social distancing cannot be avoided:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PD5b7SLTbT8PnrX1Or4fSPvsJvNRCUgL/view

In that executive order it merely says "cloth face covering", which, in essence could be a mere bandana.

I agree with you that we need more clarification and studies to ensure our own personal safety. While I only have mine on for an hour or so at the most, I do feel for you and others who must wear them all day.  

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018

Valeriyabeyond said:

Neglect is a pattern of failing to provide for a child's basic needs. It is abuse through omission; of not doing something resulting in significant harm or risk of significant harm. There are four types of neglect: physical neglect, medical neg- lect, educational neglect and emotional neglect

Don’t forget “benign neglect.”

It would be best you not continue to troll me. Please. Be constructive.🌹🕊

Leave me be. In benign way. 👍

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14145

Hi, Layla,

Yes, I saw that, and also where Trump mocked Biden for wearing one. Then where Biden called Trump a fool for mocking anyone wearing a mask. I fear this election is going to be nothing but a pissing contest, leaving the voters to choose between the lesser of the two evils vs actually voting for who they believe in.

What is worse is that the CDC and WHO are contradicting themselves in regards to facial coverings.  North Carolina quoted WHO, as Trump has all but gutted the CDC during his tenure.  

Perrsonally if employers are going to require their employees to wear a mask, then they should provide the proper mask to wear, like part of a uniform.  Or at least reimburse their employees for investing in a proper one. You are absolutely right that patrons should have their temperature taken and be required to wear a proper mouth covering.  While NC only said cloth; lace and paper certainly wouldn't be permitted.

I truly feel for your position, as well as those employees considered "essential" throughout this mess. I am truly blessed to be able to work from home at this time, and don't take one moment of it for granted.

Did you order the roll-on thieves oil I suggested? If you apply that to the outside of the mask, I am pretty certain it would kill everything going out as well as in through the cloth.  You made a great point about cotton as well - very few cotton products are organic, so one needs to ensure that whatever they buy contains no gmo's!

Layla said:Ahavati, I don't think I was this frustrated and angry about the topic of masks till I saw on the news few days ago that Biden will make face masks compulsory if he becomes president.  
it's been challenging to wear a mask as an essential worker just as is to many, many of us working every day and dealing with this situation..but I was in hopes that as things settled and businesses re-opened we would find that middle ground of some common sense and less hysteria.

Especially after noticing the foul smell of my own mask during the day and thinking more in terms of what exactly are we covering our faces with, what is it that we're breathing in thinking its actually a filter to protect us from the virus, I began to look deeper into this topic.
Many have been using fabric cloth masks in order to protect the environement from disposable ones but sadly most are clueless on what textiles companies do to process those fabrics.  99.99% of the cotton grown is treated with very harmful pesticides developed by Monsanto and once they get into the factories for processing they're treated with more chemicals, then dyes, then submerged in another process of chemicals to seal the dye.
That's why very rarely dyes bleed in washing.
Therefore, these materials made to wear on skin were not made to breathe thru.
Then factoring in detergents which are made with whole other set of chemicals to 'clean', softeners with odors..
which most often do not bother us topically but they were not made to inhale.

I worry greatly on the ramifications of this mask mess in coming years.
It makes me think of those drug commercials that say, if you take this it will help with this one issue but then there's the footnote that tells all the side effects, that it will cause cancer, birth defects, heart attack, sexual dysfunction, etc, etc and death lol

In Covid19 we're not hearing any footnotes, all they say is:
[The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends that everyone "should wear a cloth face cover when they have to go out in public" to reduce transmission and slow the spread of the coronavirus, which is highly contagious.]

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/26/politics/joe-biden-masks-mandatory-coronavirus/index.html

I think there's so much hysteria out there that no one is thinking clearly anymore.  People are lashing out to anyone that remotely questions the mask issue, calling them all kinds of deragotory names, putting them down and perhaps what puzzles me the most is..calling them 'Selfish'.
I am seeing, hearing that everywhere!

(I'm sure we all heard of the woman in trader joes refusing to wear the mask..its been all over social media condemning her.)

I would love to know how they came up with that label, what is it that they think its selfishness if one questions something that there's no clear specification, that a paper towel on the nose and mouth is suffice to make them feel 'safe' to be around each other.

I guess, if we are to wear masks..then the government need to be very specific and we all have to wear the same type.  
If I, as essential worker have to get my temp taken every morning upon entering the building, i'd would want that all customers need their temps to be taken too before they enter the doors.
If they're actually monitoring how many go in the stores keeping tab of capacity, they need to actually hire more security guards to make sure in aisles there aren't more than 2 people at a time shopping.
But, we have to remember that the more controlled the environment gets the more we will turn into a communist country.

Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Tyrant of Words
13awards
Joined 31st Mar 2018
Forum Posts: 3572

Well posted information , Layla ;

I would , however like to address something in the post ,
which many may not be aware of , and that is this :

If anyone , even one person in the United States , ( if not
the world , I just am sure U.S. ) has a reaction to a drug ,
and reports it , it is required to go on the warning information
about that drug...as I was informed by my physician , who
is the head of the local clinic , that has been a long standing
law , and policy...just trying to assist , no criticism intended...

"It makes me think of those drug commercials that say, if you take
this it will help with this one issue but then there's the footnote
that tells all the side effects, that it will cause cancer, birth defects,
heart attack, sexual dysfunction, etc, etc and death"

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018

What happens when undetected COVID + people are forced to wear masks?
It can drive it deeper into the lungs.
So how is it reducing death, again?

...may also worsen the clinical condition of infected people...

https://www.eatthis.com/face-masks-side-effects/

Layla
Fire of Insight
7awards
Joined 3rd May 2018

@ Ahavati, I completely agree with you, this year the presidential election is made in hell and both basically are nothing but poison to already damaged country.  Both parties should be ashamed of themselves for taking values, ethics, morality and truth down the gutter for their own motives.
Presidential elections are always dirty politics but this year its unbelievable level of manipulations from the virus to BLM dividing the country and pushing its citizens over the edge.
There is so much fear, hatred and anger out there, from the streets to internet.  
I have my own views on who will get elected and why they will get elected but its best I refrain myself in discussing.
My heart is full of sadness for the future of the new generation.
I don't know how will we ever recover from this chaos.

@ BW, thank you for the information, I wasn't aware of it so its well noted.

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5572

Layla said:@ Ahavati, I completely agree with you, this year the presidential election is made in hell and both basically are nothing but poison to already damaged country.  Both parties should be ashamed of themselves for taking values, ethics, morality and truth down the gutter for their own motives.
Presidential elections are always dirty politics but this year its unbelievable level of manipulations from the virus to BLM dividing the country and pushing its citizens over the edge.
There is so much fear, hatred and anger out there, from the streets to internet.  
I have my own views on who will get elected and why they will get elected but its best I refrain myself in discussing.

At least we still have 4 months left to sort out all the facts from the fiction. And in that time, hopefully there will be some positive developments to help us make better informed decisions.

Valeriyabeyond
Dhyana
Dangerous Mind
3awards
Joined 3rd May 2020

EdibleWords said:

Don’t forget “benign neglect.”

It would be best you not continue to troll me. Please. Be constructive.🌹🕊

Leave me be. In benign way. 👍

Maybe you should carry on and take yourself to another thread
I seriously will not hesitate shutting this down
I created  the racism  thread and gave you freedom to post on
You should help yourself

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018

Valeriyabeyond said:

Maybe you should carry on and take yourself to another thread
I seriously will not hesitate shutting this down
I created  the racism  thread and gave you freedom to post on
You should help yourself
Sorry I didn’t realize this was your thread. Ok. I’m leaving this thread. I don’t understand why you have to treat me like this, Val. Bye.

I personally have no intention of treating anyone like this.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14145

Layla said:@ Ahavati, I completely agree with you, this year the presidential election is made in hell and both basically are nothing but poison to already damaged country.  Both parties should be ashamed of themselves for taking values, ethics, morality and truth down the gutter for their own motives.

Agreeing with Johnny, and holding out hope that the last election was a fluke. I say this for two reasons: firstly, Hillary did win the popular vote by three million; secondly, so many people didn't vote because they honestly didn't think Trump would be elected. Everything pointed to Hillary. They just weren't worried and got a wake up call in the form of a slap in the fact the next morning ( or night, if they were still up ).

I am believing there will be droves of voters that would normally not vote, regardless of what they think, or where the compass is pointing.

Layla
Fire of Insight
7awards
Joined 3rd May 2018

I was surprised as well when he won.  Stunned with the rest of the world quite honestly.
But I personally do not think he will win this time and not because he is an embarassment as a man and a leader but because the D's have embraced the issue of covid and Blm completely knowing full well how to take advantage of an opportunity like we are in now.
Biden may not be the right person, but he's advertising everything what the public wants to hear right now (including wearing masks) and since everyone is so overwhelmed with what's going on will earn him enough votes to get him to the white house.
But then again, I could be completely wrong and votes will be 'fixed' lol
Either way, america is f'd up for awhile.
On other news, sale of homes are skyrocketing and everyone is redecorating their homes lol

Ahavati said:

Agreeing with Johnny, and holding out hope that the last election was a fluke. I say this for two reasons: firstly, Hillary did win the popular vote by three million; secondly, so many people didn't vote because they honestly didn't think Trump would be elected. Everything pointed to Hillary. They just weren't worried and got a wake up call in the form of a slap in the fact the next morning ( or night, if they were still up ).

I am believing there will be droves of voters that would normally not vote, regardless of what they think, or where the compass is pointing.

Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Tyrant of Words
13awards
Joined 31st Mar 2018
Forum Posts: 3572

Anybody here ever watch TYT ( The Young Turks ) ?

Go to page:
Go to: