The August virtual mic will be held on Thursday 6th August at 19:00 BST (London) as this was the most popular date in the vote of when people could attend.
PLEASE PM ME YOUR SKYPE DETAILS TO BE ADDED TO THE CALL. PLEASE COULD YOU ALSO CONFIRM IF YOU INTEND TO READ. Thank you. FAQís How does it work?
Iím glad you asked.
Please let me know beforehand if you would like to read. All names will be drawn from a bowl at random to determine the reading order.
You will be invited to do a set of two / three / four poems. We will ask you to introduce yourself very briefly, and then the stage is yours while you read your poems. These can be your poems, another DU members work (with permission) or a famous poets work (crediting the author, obviously... we donít want any plagiarism...)
Once all the poets have read their pieces, we then have a free for all! A good old chat, joke and a social. So itís a good chance to hang out with other poets. Iím hoping to gather a few non-DU friends for this and open this event up a bit if I can. Thatís my goal anyway. Do I have to have my camera on?
Absolutely not. We want you to be comfortable, so itís not compulsory. Though a couple of us braved it last time and it was lovely to see and get to know people better. For that reason also, no screenshots are allowed and no recording will take place. How do I join?
The event will be hosted on Skype on Thursday 6th August at 19:00 BST (London) please PM Missy to join with your Skype details once the date is confirmed. Are there any rules?
Only a few:
* No screenshots or recording is allowed under any circumstances for the comfort of all taking part. Anyone found to be doing either will not be invited back.
* Verbal bashing of any DU members of any kind is not allowed under any circumstances. Weíre all just here for a good night of poetry without all the drama.
* Please do not interrupt or heckle a person when they are reading. Itís nerve wracking enough without that shit.
* Please save conversation outside of the poetry until the end of all the readings. This is so the flow of the evening doesnít get interrupted.
* Be respectful of others and donít be a dick.
See you there!