Go to page:

All very well blaming the cops

Blackwolf
Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Dangerous Mind
11awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 31st Mar 2018
Forum Posts: 1899

LA is a strange place...

I was in Southern Ca. for over a year , and avoided the city as much as possible...

Venice , Santa Monica , desert , much more mellow...

I am so glad I left and moved north just this month...

And , Valeriya...google Beyonce's statements as well as many others...

Layla
Layla
Fire of Insight
7awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 3rd May 2018
Forum Posts: 1102

Thanks Val, I appreciate it.

Valeriyabeyond said:

Very sorry to see this and to hear of the damage to your friends business it's seneless

LA is a hotbed for police brutality
The Watts riots were horrendous very destructive in the 1950's

Layla
Layla
Fire of Insight
7awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 3rd May 2018
Forum Posts: 1102

I agree, Northern Cali is the place to be.
My dream place is Sausalito, but gosh darn it, property values are as much as La.
As for mellow..yes, desert is nice.
Santa Monica..idk its full of yuppies.
but Venice..well mellow for sure lol, all you have to do is breathe in that 'sweet' air all the hippies puff all day..but i tell you, the rent there is 5k a month for a shack.  I guess they're all bunking together.


Blackwolf said:LA is a strange place...

I was in Southern Ca. for over a year , and avoided the city as much as possible...

Venice , Santa Monica , desert , much more mellow...

I am so glad I left and moved north just this month...

And , Valeriya...google Beyonce's statements as well as many others...

Layla
Layla
Fire of Insight
7awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 3rd May 2018
Forum Posts: 1102

Right now there's a curfew for 8pm in LA area but the protesters have been cued to gather by Rodeo Drive.  They're not sure why, they're guessing its for looting to send a message to the rich and the privilege but all the cops are there...watiting.

MadameLavender
MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States
76awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5159

I certainly hope the cop gets more than a slap on the wrist —like the death penalty , do unto others , etc.

But what fascinates me the most , is that groups of “protesters” have taken to committing crimes themselves—arson, destruction of property and theft/looting, are crimes and that doesn’t pay any respect to the deceased victim in this .

Blackwolf
Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Dangerous Mind
11awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 31st Mar 2018
Forum Posts: 1899

MadameLavender said:I certainly hope the cop gets more than a slap on the wrist —like the death penalty , do unto others , etc.

But what fascinates me the most , is that groups of “protesters” have taken to committing crimes themselves—arson, destruction of property and theft/looting, are crimes and that doesn’t pay any respect to the deceased victim in this .


True , and now Trump is calling out National
Guard , tonite , if he thinks it is necessary

Blackwolf
Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Dangerous Mind
11awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 31st Mar 2018
Forum Posts: 1899

Nine thousand officers out tonite in LA

But a city of four million...

They just interviewed a top chief...

He said that they want peace , but he is not expecting
it to be quiet or peaceful on the streets tonite...

Valeriyabeyond
Valeriyabeyond
Valeriya
Fire of Insight
  profile   poems   message
Joined 3rd May 2020
Forum Posts: 689

Blackwolf said:

True , and now Trump is calling out National
Guard , tonite , if he thinks it is necessary


BW it's only necessary because we cannot allow them to feel as if they have the right to destroy

I know it's like beating a kid as a punishment for hitting someone

I don't have a solution do we just let them burn and loot I don't have an answer EXCEPT like I said earlier
Beyonce.  Eminem
They can say all the want on the internet there prescence would make a difference
They are not going to attack her why not play some music or something come on let us mourne George Floyd she can sing amazing Grace dammet

Do you realize how they would mellow out with celebrity support

Valeriyabeyond
Valeriyabeyond
Valeriya
Fire of Insight
  profile   poems   message
Joined 3rd May 2020
Forum Posts: 689


Listen to this poetic beauty I don't agree with ever word but I'm not walking her walk this is what I meant by leaders show them the way address media and politicians POWER TO THE PEOPLE

https://youtu.be/z_zoLiFqqNM

Blackwolf
Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Dangerous Mind
11awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 31st Mar 2018
Forum Posts: 1899

Revolution Often Leads To Evolution :

It is how our country began , and it is *sometimes*
necessary to get the attention for change to occur ;

The difference now , is the number of people upset
by police brutality , and a long history of not prosecuting
the crimes committed by those who enforce the laws ;

There are good police...some , yet there are many who
use it as a way of expressing anger and frustration , with
abuse of power added into the equation ;

There are many , who just are tired of the money , politics ,
and mental games played , and put together with pent up
feelings with Covid added , are expressing their feelings
which admittedly , are coming out in ways , perhaps not
conducive to peace , but will cause change in the end...

To change , one can not do it by internet...not real change

It is action in public that truly gets attention...

And , will cause ultimately , though painful and
difficult , a transformation in the society ;

Property damage , loss of lives , people harmed through the violence ;

That has always been the hard key to turn in the lock of freedom ;

It does not mean it is the only way...but people can only endure so much ,
or be treated unfairly for so long , before there is a reaction like this ;

This death of the individual , in this case , was a trigger pulled ,
and all that comes after , is what will need to be cleaned up ;

I myself , have met some good police and politicians...

I have met some very terrible ones , and it is only the way I was
raised , that prevented me from doing things that I am glad I did not...

Humans are a very strange breed...indeed !

I do hope Trump does ***not*** act any stupider than he already does
( and is ) and force people's hands into further violent actions and methods...



Valeriyabeyond
Valeriyabeyond
Valeriya
Fire of Insight
  profile   poems   message
Joined 3rd May 2020
Forum Posts: 689

Blackwolf said:Revolution Often Leads To Evolution :

It is how our country began , and it is *sometimes*
necessary to get the attention for change to occur ;

The difference now , is the number of people upset
by police brutality , and a long history of not prosecuting
the crimes committed by those who enforce the laws ;

There are good police...some , yet there are many who
use it as a way of expressing anger and frustration , with
abuse of power added into the equation ;

There are many , who just are tired of the money , politics ,
and mental games played , and put together with pent up
feelings with Covid added , are expressing their feelings
which admittedly , are coming out in ways , perhaps not
conducive to peace , but will cause change in the end...

To change , one can not do it by internet...not real change

It is action in public that truly gets attention...

And , will cause ultimately , though painful and
difficult , a transformation in the society ;

Property damage , loss of lives , people harmed through the violence ;

That has always been the hard key to turn in the lock of freedom ;

It does not mean it is the only way...but people can only endure so much ,
or be treated unfairly for so long , before there is a reaction like this ;

This death of the individual , in this case , was a trigger pulled ,
and all that comes after , is what will need to be cleaned up ;

I myself , have met some good police and politicians...

I have met some very terrible ones , and it is only the way I was
raised , that prevented me from doing things that I am glad I did not...

Humans are a very strange breed...indeed !

I do hope Trump does ***not*** act any stupider than he already does
( and is ) and force people's hands into further violent actions and methods...




Agreed 100%
Much Love V

Layla
Layla
Fire of Insight
7awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 3rd May 2018
Forum Posts: 1102

The national guard is in the city now, thankfully.
But last night over 1000 people were arrested (150 of it was in downtown area, the rest was in west hollywood which is a gateway to beverly hills).
The night before 330 arrested just in downtown area.  
The police wanted to make it clear that the ones arrested were for looting and vandalism or breaking the curfew law.  Majority arrested were not even local residents they had come in from other places.
So many buildings and cars were set on fire and what's sad is that those mf's at some point were blocking purposely the fire departments in stopping them to do their job. Those places that were damaged were actually small businesses and restaurants like ma and pa or ethnic that were struggling as is.

Today, the protesters moved to santa ana which is orange county..primarly white folks but its a different county than LA, the national guard is not called upon to help out there at least for now.

souladareatease
souladareatease
Tyrant of Words
United States
28awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 28th Dec 2012
Forum Posts: 5025

Protests in a nearby local town turned to riot
A good friend just became Chief recently, poor guy what a time to rise

Timagination543
Timagination543
Fire of Insight
United States
6awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 16th Aug 2018
Forum Posts: 108

It's been said that outside agitators are the ones setting fires and causing destruction. If a crowd of a thousand people or more as we have seen are yelling "no justice no peace," simultaneously, are they considered outside agitators arriving from other cities to cause mayhem? What does that saying mean?

Valeriyabeyond
Valeriyabeyond
Valeriya
Fire of Insight
  profile   poems   message
Joined 3rd May 2020
Forum Posts: 689

Timagination543 said:It's been said that outside agitators are the ones setting fires and causing destruction. If a crowd of a thousand people or more as we have seen are yelling "no justice no peace," simultaneously, are they considered outside agitators arriving from other cities to cause mayhem? What does that saying mean?


It is understandable for "outsiders" to want to come and show their support however they can give it
They are fuel for the cause.
The cause no justice no peace is saying they won't back down they will continue to demonstrate until police brutality stops
I'm sure you didn't really want an explanation but wanted some kind of solution .
I don't know that their is one it cannot happen instantaneously there is nothing anyone can do or say that will guarantee it won't happen again
To sift out bad cops would be like Itsifting the rogues from the
demonstrators .  A psychological evaluation performed on every police officer by a trained professional to identify racist attitudes would help

There is also the story line that it is cops instigating the riots


Go to page:
Go to: