Go to page:

All very well blaming the cops

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018
Forum Posts: 2993

Anonymous said:<< post removed >>

Surely your big brain realizes that bashing members without engaging in real conversation isn’t well tolerated.

Why not use that vast real estate for useful conversation?

Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Tyrant of Words
13awards
Joined 31st Mar 2018
Forum Posts: 3572

Yes , I am a Deep Underground Poetry *worm*...

Thank You For Noticing

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14449

alright, this thread and host encourage banter and so forth, chatter debate etc

so far, you e been a bit of a dick.if it continues you will lose your access to threads. it's as simple as that. up to you how you want to proceed. consider yourself warned

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018

Anonymous said:<< post removed >>Here comes the gaslighting....

If you mean "telling people off for being stupid" I think you should say so.

I mean comments with no other intent than to shut down talk which is against the spirit of the forum, to say the least. You’re just the kind a mod might have to dump, because of the figurative pissing in the pool.

If I recall this all started when some stupid woman called valerie started blethering ignorantly on about how terrible alcohol was, and that junkie Blackwolf started boasting about his drug dealing activities.

Great example of my point.
Val’s words grated on you.
You did more than just shoot back

You went on a rage session.
Name calling, ad hom... no conversation.

Arcanus
Lost Thinker
United Kingdom
Joined 15th June 2020
Forum Posts: 36

-------> Edible Words

The lady made a very foolish and ill-judged remark suggesting that drinking alcohol (even in moderation) led to drunken driving and broken homes etc. I think I was totally justified in putting her right.  And how is it "rage" to complain about a drug addict boasting about his illegal activities?

I have no idea what you mean by gaslighting.

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018

Arcanus said:-------> Edible Words

The lady made a very foolish and ill-judged remark suggesting that drinking alcohol (even in moderation) led to drunken driving and broken homes etc. I think I was totally justified in putting her right.  And how is it "rage" to complain about a drug addict boasting about his illegal activities?

I have no idea what you mean by gaslighting.

Gaslighting is trying to warp reality... here’s reality:

We all own our own meat - how and what we do with it without hurting anyone else is nobody business. It is between you and your god. I would go a stage further than legalising all drugs in that I would make supplies of these drugs free

Arcanus said:

So you'd supply me with free champagne for the rest of my life? What kind of stupid suggestion is that?

Valeriyabeyond said:

You are admitting that alcohol is your vice
Alcohol is the baddest boy on the block
It destroys lives, families, and claims the lives of countless victims from drunk drivers.
I feel inclined to tell you that it would behoove you to end your judgemental ways .
It would be wise if you were to open your eyes and see the world as it really is or I'm afraid that someday soon you will have your eyes opened for you
Open your heart and gain some empathy .
You will experience a life changing episode if you don't change your perception
I apologize, I am sorry to know this about you and I mean you no harm this is not a threat. Just pure insight and I wish you the best

Arcanus
Lost Thinker
United Kingdom
Joined 15th June 2020

------> Edible Words

I looked up "gaslighting" online and was told it meant
"manipulating (someone) by psychological means into doubting their own sanity."

I fail to see how my words fall into that category.

Would you explain?

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018

Arcanus said:------> Edible Words

I looked up "gaslighting" online and was told it meant
"manipulating (someone) by psychological means into doubting their own sanity."

I fail to see how my words fall into that category.

Would you explain?

If she has factual evidence of her intelligence, yet you SAY you see “stupid” - that only sounds to your listener like really “you are suffering an unseen mental disturbance” aka - crazy.

Those experienced with being abused would understand what’s going on here.

Arcanus
Lost Thinker
United Kingdom
Joined 15th June 2020

-----> Edible Words

The woman concerned wrote:
"You are admitting that alcohol is your vice
Alcohol is the baddest boy on the block
It destroys lives, families, and claims the lives of countless victims from drunk drivers. "

I would say it is perfectly correct to regard that as a foolish (and therefore not very intelligent) thing to say. Why?
1. Drinking alcohol is NOT a "vice"; countless millions enjoy a glass of wine with our meals - that does NOT mean we have a "vice", any more than drinking a bottle of cola constitutes a perversion..
2. Alcohol is infinitely less "bad" than Class A drugs like heroin and cocaine. That is self-evident. Even a small amount of either is bad for you, whilst most medical studies show that a small amount of red wine is beneficial to drinkers' health!
3. Alcohol does NOT destroy lives etc etc. It is the ABUSE of alcohol in EXCESS which does that.

How is pointing out such foolishness "gaslighting" or suggesting that anyone suffers from what you call "an unseen mental disturbance" ????

Who are you suggesting is "being abused"???

What you write seems to me to be confused and incorrect on all counts.

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018

Arcanus said:-----> Edible Words

The woman concerned wrote:
[i]"You are admitting that alcohol is your vice

She’s responding to your bizarre argument. Perfectly logical.
You implied you would drown in it if it was a free drug.
Not everybody has it as a vice.

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011

Arcanus said:[b]----->  lots of waffle etc

given your behaviour on the forums and in the comments you make on other people's poetry . a three day ban on forums and poem comments has been imposed. up to yourself how you want to behave.

Valeriyabeyond
Dhyana
Dangerous Mind
3awards
Joined 3rd May 2020
Forum Posts: 2668

Mr Perfect grammar, perfect spelling, perfect memory, my name is Valeriya not Valerie and although I may have bird legs I am not a bird.
Each time you attempted to correct me you have been wrong.
I am putting this away now, I'm going to toss your comments into the fire pit, I will stand up wind to watch the toxic smoke leave my space no  need to bother yourself with a reply
I know you must be busy doing what you do

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011

lepperochan said:because they're outta control  ...or controlled

Thing is, and not to take away from the murder, because it was blatant state murder, not a sign of remorse on the cops face  ..looked kinda indifferent sometimes

I wondered though, if some of the guys recording could have rang a fkn ambulance, might have made a difference  

that said, I've read the guy's brother is calling for the death Penalty for the two

have to say, whatever about the guy with the knee, the other cop who tried to crowd control probably doesn't deserve to die for his ..imma say cowardice because that's what it looked like

what struck me also about this mindless murder was for a day or two before that there were tons of "they gave your life so you could be free" shite all over the internet

theres a couple of veins for you to talk about up there

also interested in anyone who has solutions

fire ahead there

fair to say  some stuff has happened since this was posted. is it fair to say progress. I dunno, on the face of it there's some bits and pieces

we've seen how a semi-autonomous zone faired out.

there's evidence the police are still doing what they do.

I like the slogan 'no justice no peace'  it has no colour or gender, creed, or sexual persuasion.  I think that's why (in my opinion) it is the most powerful of all the slogans

I understand that is deep as fuck, and as such may cause offence, but hang in there, the penny will drop in no time at all

Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Tyrant of Words
13awards
Joined 31st Mar 2018
Forum Posts: 3572

And before and after that chant :

Could Be A Curse , Could Be Worse
Zip You In A Bag , Put You Inna Hearse !

Just Kiddoing

Valeriyabeyond
Dhyana
Dangerous Mind
3awards
Joined 3rd May 2020
Forum Posts: 2668

lepperochan said:

fair to say  some stuff has happened since this was posted. is it fair to say progress. I dunno, on the face of it there's some bits and pieces

we've seen how a semi-autonomous zone faired out.

there's evidence the police are still doing what they do.

I like the slogan 'no justice no peace'  it has no colour or gender, creed, or sexual persuasion.  I think that's why (in my opinion) it is the most powerful of all the slogans

I understand that is deep as fuck, and as such may cause offence, but hang in there, the penny will drop in no time at all

Agreed Lepp no justice, no peace
But will it fade away along with the memory of George Floyd ?
Will we experience change in this country?
Will implicit bias disappear with new laws and ideals ?
How to we dissolve harmful or racist  implicit bias from the next generation ?

Go to page:
Go to: