militia , which needs to change...

Ideals , and priorities...

Valeriyabeyond
Dhyana
Dangerous Mind
3awards
Joined 3rd May 2020
Forum Posts: 2668

Whats the reason cops wear blue uniform?  
Does the uniform they wear change their
behavior?  
Pretty lengthy read but it says alot about police behavior in regards to their  uniform.
The use of face shields and military style uniforms not on change the way the public it also changes the way they feel about themselves

Psychological studies, have shown that uniforms that obscure the face and body are more likely to cause the wearer to act violently. And while police uniforms display the officer’s name on a badge and tend to leave their faces and heads uncovered, military-style uniforms make it harder to identify the person wearing it. This leads to what psychologists call “disindividuation,” which means feeling disconnected to your own identity, including your past and future.

“You lose your connection with your moral upbringing and the impact your actions will have in the future,” Mauro explains. “You end up being more susceptible to situational pressure. Military uniforms disinhibit moral behavior, pulling you toward violence.” (Mauro says anthropologists have found tribes that use more war paint that obscures their faces and bodies are more likely to act violently.)

Miilitary-style uniform is likely to dehumanize the officer, making it easier for the protester to act aggressively toward him or her. “What you have now is a faceless enemy; they’re not people anymore,”. In other words, combat gear can turn a tense protest into a tinderbox.

If the armored vehicles and riot gear used by police forces are reminiscent of war, it’s because some of this equipment was, in fact, deployed by U.S. forces in Iraq and Afghanistan. In 1990, Congress launched the 1033 Program, which offloads surplus military equipment to state law enforcement agencies; in 1997, this expanded to include local police departments. Since then, $5.4 billion of surplus military equipment, including clothing, has gone to local law enforcement agencies.

Proponents believe this equipment reduces crime rates. But new research tells another story. University of Michigan political science professor Kenneth Lowande analyzed inventory records from the 1033 Program and found that giving police more military equipment had “no detectable impact on violent crime or officer safety.”

At the same time, this military-style gear has historically been disproportionately used by police in communities of color which started with the war on drugs. “That’s really when we begin to see police in camouflage, dark BDU [battle dress uniform], and a real militaristic appearance,.  And we now know that that war was fought in poor, minority neighborhoods. It’s going to take a long time for the police to get back the trust in those communities—and incidents of police brutality that we’ve seen in recent weeks don’t help matters.”

In 2014, after confrontations between police and protesters in Ferguson, Missouri, President Barack Obama made it harder for police departments to access military equipment. He signed an executive order requiring departments to fill in paperwork about why they needed the gear and how officers would be trained to use it. This policy effectively reduced the amount of equipment in circulation, since it recalled a lot of hardware, including 138 grenade launchers and 1,623 bayonets.  which didn’t impact crime rates, suggesting that there are no “downside risks” to demilitarizing police departments.
Trump has since rolled back these regulations. In fact, he seems to be taking the opposite stance, tweeting for law enforcement to use “overwhelming force” and “domination” in their interactions with protesters. However, there’s still a chance things might change in the years to come. Last week, a bipartisan group in Congress announced hearings on the use of excessive force by law enforcement and some said they would work to reform 1033.

A widespread return to a more traditional blue or black police uniform—even in the context of crowd control during protests—could help restore trust between citizens and officers. In the United States, the blue uniform worn by police officers goes back to the 1800s and is symbolically different from what we see in many of the current protests. “The way the uniforms were originally conceived was to help people readily identify who was a police officer to seek them out for assistance, It wasn’t meant to be threatening.”

Many U.S. uniforms were inspired by the designs of Sir Robert Peel, who created uniforms in 1829 for the Metropolitan Police Service in London, an organization that he founded. Peel developed nine principles of policing that continue to inform departments today; he believed that police should earn citizens’ respect in order to avoid using physical force. Research shows that citizens still associate the traditional dark uniform worn by both American and British officers with less violent forms of policing.

After three decades of equipping police with tools designed for warfare, it seems like an uphill battle to demilitarize police forces. Still, many experts hope we can return to a world where police officers aren’t armed for combat. The bipartisan moves in Congress could signal a willingness to start demilitarizing police departments. It won’t necessarily change the culture overnight, but it’s a start.

ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Elizabeth Segran, Ph.D., is a staff writer at Fast Company. She lives in Cambridge, Massachusetts

Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Tyrant of Words
13awards
Joined 31st Mar 2018
Forum Posts: 3572

"It is not a blue life it's a fucking blue shirt."

https://www.facebook.com/cleveland.jones/videos/10101583666840959/

"Actually :

I do not know where she got the term from ,
but it is an exact formula in the Code ;

I would posit , used within the organization ;

Police = 247 ( Runic )

The = 41 ( Runic )

Blue = 78 ( Runic )

Life = 628 ( high value for the word ) ( Obri / Hebrew )

= 994

The two sets of columns of eight in the Code ,
which are the base level program of the brain"

Boy = 78

Blue = 78

( Boys In Blue )

We have an arrangement of symbols , equaling 1008

Yet : Using the high value for the last *E* in Blue ;

"The Boys In Blue" = 1007

Oath , as a symbol , has a value of 1 ;

Thus 1008

When they are in black , that is a different *formula* those at the top are using...;)

However :

Police = 247

In = 190

Black = 73

+

Blue = 78

Uniform = 421

= 1009

Valeriyabeyond
Dhyana
Dangerous Mind
3awards
Joined 3rd May 2020

Blackwolf said:"It is not a blue life it's a fucking blue shirt."

https://www.facebook.com/cleveland.jones/videos/10101583666840959/

"Actually :

I do not know where she got the term from ,
but it is an exact formula in the Code ;

I would posit , used within the organization ;

Police = 247 ( Runic )

The = 41 ( Runic )

Blue = 78 ( Runic )

Life = 628 ( high value for the word ) ( Obri / Hebrew )

= 994

The two sets of columns of eight in the Code ,
which are the base level program of the brain"

Boy = 78

Blue = 78

( Boys In Blue )

We have an arrangement of symbols , equaling 1008

Yet : Using the high value for the last *E* in Blue ;

"The Boys In Blue" = 1007

Oath , as a symbol , has a value of 1 ;

Thus 1008

When they are in black , that is a different *formula* those at the top are using...;)

However :

Police = 247

In = 190

Black = 73

+

Blue = 78

Uniform = 421

= 1009

Thank you S ir

Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Tyrant of Words
13awards
Joined 31st Mar 2018

Further , I believe this man to be a Mason who knew the Code :

"Many U.S. uniforms were inspired by the designs of Sir Robert Peel, who created uniforms in 1829 for the Metropolitan Police Service in London, an organization that he founded. Peel developed nine principles of policing that continue to inform departments today; he believed that police should earn citizens’ respect in order to avoid using physical force. Research shows that citizens still associate the traditional dark uniform worn by both American and British officers with less violent forms of policing."

We have an arrangement of nine symbols ,
eight of which make the shape of the human body ,
while the ninth can mean *possible need for sacrifice*

Yet , as it is traditional to have eight symbols , per column ,
and if we have eight columns of eight , we have 64...

Now , if we put the straight line symbol , which is the one
which can mean *possible need for sacrifice* next to each
of the sixty four symbols , we achieve 448 as a value...

Funny :

Respect = 449

( https://youtu.be/OD3WOKLTRyQ )

Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Tyrant of Words
13awards
Joined 31st Mar 2018

Valeriyabeyond said:

Thank you Sir

*bows*...

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14449

Valeriyabeyond said:Whats the reason cops wear blue uniform?  
Does the uniform they wear change their
behavior?  
Pretty lengthy read but it says alot about police behavior in regards to their  uniform.
The use of face shields and military style uniforms not on change the way the public it also changes the way they feel about themselves

Psychological studies, have shown that uniforms that obscure the face and body are more likely to cause the wearer to act violently. And while police uniforms display the officer’s name on a badge and tend to leave their faces and heads uncovered, military-style uniforms make it harder to identify the person wearing it. This leads to what psychologists call “disindividuation,” which means feeling disconnected to your own identity, including your past and future.

“You lose your connection with your moral upbringing and the impact your actions will have in the future,” Mauro explains. “You end up being more susceptible to situational pressure. Military uniforms disinhibit moral behavior, pulling you toward violence.” (Mauro says anthropologists have found tribes that use more war paint that obscures their faces and bodies are more likely to act violently.)

Miilitary-style uniform is likely to dehumanize the officer, making it easier for the protester to act aggressively toward him or her. “What you have now is a faceless enemy; they’re not people anymore,”. In other words, combat gear can turn a tense protest into a tinderbox.

If the armored vehicles and riot gear used by police forces are reminiscent of war, it’s because some of this equipment was, in fact, deployed by U.S. forces in Iraq and Afghanistan. In 1990, Congress launched the 1033 Program, which offloads surplus military equipment to state law enforcement agencies; in 1997, this expanded to include local police departments. Since then, $5.4 billion of surplus military equipment, including clothing, has gone to local law enforcement agencies.

Proponents believe this equipment reduces crime rates. But new research tells another story. University of Michigan political science professor Kenneth Lowande analyzed inventory records from the 1033 Program and found that giving police more military equipment had “no detectable impact on violent crime or officer safety.”

At the same time, this military-style gear has historically been disproportionately used by police in communities of color which started with the war on drugs. “That’s really when we begin to see police in camouflage, dark BDU [battle dress uniform], and a real militaristic appearance,.  And we now know that that war was fought in poor, minority neighborhoods. It’s going to take a long time for the police to get back the trust in those communities—and incidents of police brutality that we’ve seen in recent weeks don’t help matters.”

In 2014, after confrontations between police and protesters in Ferguson, Missouri, President Barack Obama made it harder for police departments to access military equipment. He signed an executive order requiring departments to fill in paperwork about why they needed the gear and how officers would be trained to use it. This policy effectively reduced the amount of equipment in circulation, since it recalled a lot of hardware, including 138 grenade launchers and 1,623 bayonets.  which didn’t impact crime rates, suggesting that there are no “downside risks” to demilitarizing police departments.
Trump has since rolled back these regulations. In fact, he seems to be taking the opposite stance, tweeting for law enforcement to use “overwhelming force” and “domination” in their interactions with protesters. However, there’s still a chance things might change in the years to come. Last week, a bipartisan group in Congress announced hearings on the use of excessive force by law enforcement and some said they would work to reform 1033.

A widespread return to a more traditional blue or black police uniform—even in the context of crowd control during protests—could help restore trust between citizens and officers. In the United States, the blue uniform worn by police officers goes back to the 1800s and is symbolically different from what we see in many of the current protests. “The way the uniforms were originally conceived was to help people readily identify who was a police officer to seek them out for assistance, It wasn’t meant to be threatening.”

Many U.S. uniforms were inspired by the designs of Sir Robert Peel, who created uniforms in 1829 for the Metropolitan Police Service in London, an organization that he founded. Peel developed nine principles of policing that continue to inform departments today; he believed that police should earn citizens’ respect in order to avoid using physical force. Research shows that citizens still associate the traditional dark uniform worn by both American and British officers with less violent forms of policing.

After three decades of equipping police with tools designed for warfare, it seems like an uphill battle to demilitarize police forces. Still, many experts hope we can return to a world where police officers aren’t armed for combat. The bipartisan moves in Congress could signal a willingness to start demilitarizing police departments. It won’t necessarily change the culture overnight, but it’s a start.

ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Elizabeth Segran, Ph.D., is a staff writer at Fast Company. She lives in Cambridge, Massachusetts

decent read, good stuff. you may find these interesting. fellow called Derren Brown done some experiments. the first link shows how a large group of people who become faceless, anonymous can behave. I would 100% recommend you watch it (when you have time)

https://youtu.be/-AzTLw0Xwok

second one he recreates ThecMilgrim experiment. shows how people  obey white coats to the detriment of others

also highly recommended

third one is the Stanford prison experiment. if you haven't heard of it already you'll probably  really like this one:

https://youtu.be/F4txhN13y6A

enjoy

Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Tyrant of Words
13awards
Joined 31st Mar 2018

Anyone in white coats , I automatically hate...reality central ;

Black coats I trust more automatically , then question who
they are and motives...

Now you *must* question that , as I am white skinned...

Valeriyabeyond
Dhyana
Dangerous Mind
3awards
Joined 3rd May 2020

lepperochan said:

decent read, good stuff. you may find these interesting. fellow called Derren Brown done some experiments. the first link shows how a large group of people who become faceless, anonymous can behave. I would 100% recommend you watch it (when you have time)

https://youtu.be/-AzTLw0Xwok

second one he recreates ThecMilgrim experiment. shows how people  obey white coats to the detriment of others

also highly recommended

third one is the Stanford prison experiment. if you haven't heard of it already you'll probably  really like this one:

https://youtu.be/F4txhN13y6A

enjoy

Thank you I will definitely have a look
And yes I know of the Stanford prison experiment

Valeriyabeyond
Dhyana
Dangerous Mind
3awards
Joined 3rd May 2020

Lepp said-- third one is the Stanford prison experiment. if you haven't heard of it already you'll probably  really like this one:

Very intriguing video on projected guilt placed on someone with a  very believe me technique scary stuff

Stanford Prison Experiment
Movie
: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL88-1sYDpcULYfc8LGwQPVzoU-9k_YYgI

Valeriyabeyond
Dhyana
Dangerous Mind
3awards
Joined 3rd May 2020

One of my absolute favorites on mind control
The Russian Sleep Experiment
https://youtu.be/MEwbfnCpKA4

Arcanus
Lost Thinker
United Kingdom
Joined 15th June 2020
Forum Posts: 36

I totally fail to see how uniform colour has anything to do with police brutality. e.g.

British police (usually polite and helpful but a tiny minority brutal); dark blue.
Gestapo (not very nice): black.
Modern German police (mostly not brutal): either light blue or green.

Surely what enables police to be brutal is carrying guns, Tasers and heavy sticks to bash people with and the willingness to use them whenever they get half a chance..

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018
Forum Posts: 2993

Arcanus said:
Surely what enables police to be brutal is carrying guns, Tasers and heavy sticks to bash people with and the willingness to use them whenever they get half a chance..

Regardless of color, gangs turn cops into thugs. Think Mexico, for example. Drug wars, etc... mi5... etc.

War shellshocks and uglifies everyone.

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018
Forum Posts: 2993

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/jul/16/dutch-police-criminal-gangs

Nearly 20 officers from the mid-Netherlands force were found to have underworld connections.

poet Anonymous

I was born with pale skin, I wasn't the poorest but I was poor. The police have been on my case since I was a teen because of Pot. They didn't go after the dealers, who dealt more than pot to teenagers, they went for the teens who smoked pot.
I was accused of shooting a crossbow at the ducks by an anonymous informant, they came round to arrest me on word of mouth. They had no evidence. They figured out the story was bullshit but they still came to arrest me. Another time I walked out onto the street corner to make a phone call to some friends. Two plain cloths police officers turned up and put me in hand cuffs because I had my hood up and look like a suspect. I tried to tell them I had my passport in my pocket and it would clear things up, (it was my ID for buying booze) they told me to stand still as they thought a hand cuffed man could do them danger by drawing a knife from his pocket with his hands behind his back. Now that is my experience of the police in the UK. They undid my handcuffs and drove away without apologising. That's how an innocent poor guy with pale skin was treated in the UK. I think I have a right to be biased with the police. I don't speak for anyone else. But women are still abused, men fight one another to bloody mess, children have been molested, the police have not stopped everything bad from happening. They may get it right sometimes but its pot luck. They always seem to turn up after the crime has took place. After the victims have been made, then they take the bad guy away. But the damage done is done. Not to mention all the scandals of police working with drug dealers, and paedophiles, letting it all go on, turning blind eyes, There may be good cops out their, but most of the police I have encountered are stupid and seem to work at putting people behind bars instead of preventing the heinous crime from happening.  

Go to page:
Go to: