Go to page:

LIVE NASA SpaceX Crew Dragon Launch

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14647

JohnnyBlaze said:They are meticulous with putting everything in resealable baggies. I guess they don't want any buttons or bottle caps floating into the ventilation system lol.

This is SO historic, and takes me back to my childhood!

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5573

Ahavati said:

This is SO historic, and takes me back to my childhood!

I just remember the Challenger explosion. And that happened while I was in school. 😕 Otherwise I was too late to the party for the moon landing.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

JohnnyBlaze said:

I just remember the Challenger explosion. And that happened while I was in school. 😕 Otherwise I was too late to the party for the moon landing.

That was absolutely horrifying. I was at home, fortunately, because I broke down big time.

But, I am going further back to 1969 and watching that historic step on the moon by Neil Armstrong with my father. I was almost ten years old and will never forget it.  

That is why this is so emotionally moving for me; I can see what great strides have been made by technology.

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Ahavati said:

That was absolutely horrifying. I was at home, fortunately, because I broke down big time.

But, I am going further back to 1969 and watching that historic step on the moon by Neil Armstrong with my father. I was almost ten years old and will never forget it.  

That is why this is so emotionally moving for me; I can see what great strides have been made by technology.

I bet. A great family bonding moment. ❤

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

JohnnyBlaze said:

I bet. A great family bonding moment. ❤

And the fuel that ignited my love for space exploration and sci-fi!

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Ahavati said:

And the fuel that ignited my love for space exploration and sci-fi!

I'm big on sci fi, but that's probably from living in a cornfield all my childhood.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

JohnnyBlaze said:

I'm big on sci fi, but that's probably from living in a cornfield all my childhood.

My father took me to all kinds of sci-fi movies back then. I will never forget 2001: A Space Odyssey! But, when I saw space travel live, that was an entirely different ballgame!

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Ahavati said:

My father took me to all kinds of sci-fi movies back then. I will never forget 2001: A Space Odyssey! But, when I saw space travel live, that was an entirely different ballgame!

Yep. This is a real eye opener.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

They should be opening that hatch soon!  I think they had the cameras taken down so they could maybe use the facilities before boarding the space station.

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Ahavati said:They should be opening that hatch soon!  I think they had the cameras taken down so they could maybe use the facilities before boarding the space station.

LOL Relief! Seriously. 19 hours I would be passing a lot of that time with snacks snd beverages.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

JohnnyBlaze said:

LOL Relief! Seriously. 19 hours I would be passing a lot of that time with snacks snd beverages.

What are they doing. . .seems like making sure all the video/audio is positioned right for the boarding so we don't miss a thing!

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Ahavati said:

What are they doing. . .seems like making sure all the video/audio is positioned right for the boarding so we don't miss a thing!

It does. Posteriority!

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

If only it wasn't the morning - I'd be making popcorn!

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

They're getting ready to open!

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

10 TO 15 minutes!