Virtual Open Mic Night! (and other lockdown activities)

44.44% • 8 votes • Monday 25th May 19:00 GMT
22.22% • 4 votes • Friday 29th May 19:00 GMT
16.67% • 3 votes • Wednesday 27th May 19:00 GMT
16.67% • 3 votes • Monday 1st June 19:00 GMT
Total votes: 18
Only members can vote. Not a member? Sign Up Now

Go to page:

Virtual Open Mic Night! (and other lockdown activities)

DaisyGrace
DaisyGrace
Fire of Insight
United States
4awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 29th Mar 2017
Forum Posts: 369

Are there rules? I just need to know what I’m working with here! 😆

Miss_Sub
Miss_Sub
- Missy -
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom
101awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 26th June 2011
Forum Posts: 9005

DaisyGrace said:Are there rules? I just need to know what I’m working with here! 😆

Oooo you’ve said the “R” word I don’t like....

Ok there’s a few:

1. You can have your camera on or you don’t have too. There is no being forced to have your camera on. It’s totally your choice. We understand everyone’s comfort level is different.

2. There is no recording or screenshots To take place. We want people to feel comfortable.

3. You are able to read a poem of your own, a song of your own, a poem by another DU member (with their permission only) or a famous poem.

4. Please don’t interrupt people when they’re reading. It can be nerve wracking as it is.

5. Be wholly yourself, have fun, and don’t be a dick

DaisyGrace
DaisyGrace
Fire of Insight
United States
4awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 29th Mar 2017
Forum Posts: 369

Miss_Sub said:

Oooo you’ve said the “R” word I don’t like....

Ok there’s a few:

1. You can have your camera on or you don’t have too. There is no being forced to have your camera on. It’s totally your choice. We understand everyone’s comfort level is different.

2. There is no recording or screenshots To take place. We want people to feel comfortable.

3. You are able to read a poem of your own, a song of your own, a poem by another DU member (with their permission only) or a famous poem.

4. Please don’t interrupt people when they’re reading. It can be nerve wracking as it is.

5. Be wholly yourself, have fun, and don’t be a dick


Sounds like a fan-fucking-tastic time!

Calamityofgin
Calamityofgin
Thought Provoker
United States
3awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 10th May 2020
Forum Posts: 66

I’m in. Word

Miss_Sub
Miss_Sub
- Missy -
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom
101awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 26th June 2011
Forum Posts: 9005

Calamityofgin said:I’m in. Word

#squad

Miss_Sub
Miss_Sub
- Missy -
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom
101awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 26th June 2011
Forum Posts: 9005

6. You can read a few if you’re feeling brave. It doesn’t have to be just one. 😊

Calamityofgin
Calamityofgin
Thought Provoker
United States
3awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 10th May 2020
Forum Posts: 66

I’m going to read one of mine, and one nomoths and....

Miss_Sub
Miss_Sub
- Missy -
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom
101awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 26th June 2011
Forum Posts: 9005

Calamityofgin said:I’m going to read one of mine, and one nomoths and....

As long as you have permission from the author. That’s essential

Calamityofgin
Calamityofgin
Thought Provoker
United States
3awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 10th May 2020
Forum Posts: 66

I do... thanks!

Miss_Sub
Miss_Sub
- Missy -
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom
101awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 26th June 2011
Forum Posts: 9005

Calamityofgin said:I do... thanks!

Lovely

socksscareme
socksscareme
Socks
Thought Provoker
Ireland
3awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 26th Jan 2019
Forum Posts: 179

Could be the copious boost energy drinks, or punk rock thrashing or because I decided on a couple poems but me and my socks are totally pumped!

Miss_Sub
Miss_Sub
- Missy -
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom
101awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 26th June 2011
Forum Posts: 9005

socksscareme said:Could be the copious boost energy drinks, or punk rock thrashing or because I decided on a couple poems but me and my socks are totally pumped!

... I’ll prepare my ears to be well and truly rocked

Magdalena
Magdalena
Tyrant of Words
Wales
58awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 21st Apr 2012
Forum Posts: 2706

That's me in also :)

Miss_Sub
Miss_Sub
- Missy -
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom
101awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 26th June 2011
Forum Posts: 9005

Magdalena said:That's me in also :)

Woohoo! We’re now on 15 members joining us for shits and giggles. I’m starting to get nervous now

Miss_Sub
Miss_Sub
- Missy -
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom
101awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 26th June 2011
Forum Posts: 9005


Just re-posting the time zones ready for tomorrow if it will help anybody out :)

Go to page:
Go to: