Virtual Open Mic Night! (and other lockdown activities)

44.44% • 8 votes • Monday 25th May 19:00 GMT
22.22% • 4 votes • Friday 29th May 19:00 GMT
16.67% • 3 votes • Wednesday 27th May 19:00 GMT
16.67% • 3 votes • Monday 1st June 19:00 GMT
Total votes: 18
Only members can vote. Not a member? Sign Up Now

Go to page:

Virtual Open Mic Night! (and other lockdown activities)

poet Anonymous

Kinkpoet said:I gave up on Skype a few years ago due to technical and billing issues, so I prefer Zoom, but I will give it a try.
1900 GMT is 1100 MST, correct?

Hey!

That’s great news

I believe mountain standard time is -7 hours behind the U.K.  So 12:00.

I’ll be in touch to confirm the date and get Skype details once it’s confirmed.

So that’s 6 so far. Hopefully it will be good!

poet Anonymous

Handy time zone map here for anybody that wants it

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14456

Miss_Sub said:So I would like to if I may tell you about a few exciting developments the pod have in the pipeline to keep you all busy and entertained over lockdown
Firstly— a few changes to how the podcast is going to be released in the future.

We have listened to some of your feedback and we decided that it was a good move to no longer have one long show once a month. Moving forward we would like to release our segments individually... maybe on a week by week basis. This will allow people easy access to what they would like to listen to in more convenient snippets. This of course will be a trial to see how it goes.

Secondly... there’s a lot of people that feel alone over this lockdown, and I have had brewing in my head for a little while now this idea of a virtual open mic event.

I hope to set this up over the coming week. This will take place on Skype to start with. I have looked into Zoom, however this is something that I do not want to pay for until I know the level of interest in the project. If the interest is high, I will definitely look into it as a a future option.

You would be able to read your own poem, or perform your own song... or if you would like to share the work of a famous poet that is perfectly ok too. But the idea of the event is to have some fun, and to perhaps spread a little happiness.

If you’re interested in this, or even if you just want to attend, please could you register your interest here or send me a message directly.

I have posted a poll above to see which time / date would suit the most people who want to attend. Please choose as many dates as you are able to attend. I’ll end the poll on Friday 22nd and announce the date it will happen then depending on which has the most interest to keep it fair.

Thirdly... please if you haven’t seen it pop on over to the wonderful Risky Quizzness team league Eamonn is setting up for a full line-up of fun stuff to do over lockdown

You can check out the Risky Quizzness league here: https://bit.ly/2Ax4ryb

That’s all, folks... have a grand evening 😎

Bumpin

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14456

lepperochan said:

Bumpin

Indie
Miss Indie
Tyrant of Words
Australia 34awards
Joined 3rd Sep 2011
Forum Posts: 3209

I would love to be there, but I can't commit right now with the guarantee that I'd be able to be there.

poet Anonymous

Indie said:I would love to be there, but I can't commit right now with the guarantee that I'd be able to be there.

We’ll take a maybe. That’s quite alright

poet Anonymous

Just giving this a final bump before we decide what is the most popular date to hold it on tomorrow.

Any more for any more?

poet Anonymous

Anonymous said:<< post removed >>

You’re welcome too :)

DaisyGrace
Dangerous Mind
United States 17awards
Joined 29th Mar 2017
Forum Posts: 1365

I know it’s hard to make it work for everyone, and I’d love to be there but I’d be at work during all those times! Have fun, though!

poet Anonymous

DaisyGrace said:I know it’s hard to make it work for everyone, and I’d love to be there but I’d be at work during all those times! Have fun, though!

Yeah. It’s hard to make it work with all the time zones.

Maybe next time

DaisyGrace
Dangerous Mind
United States 17awards
Joined 29th Mar 2017
Forum Posts: 1365

Oh wait!!!! I just realized Monday is a US holiday and I won’t be at work. So I could be there if Monday is the chosen day!

poet Anonymous

DaisyGrace said:Oh wait!!!! I just realized Monday is a US holiday and I won’t be at work. So I could be there if Monday is the chosen day!

Woohoo!

Well it’s looking like it will be Will confirm tomorrow and start obtaining Skype deets from people.

poet Anonymous

The poll has spoken... its official!

I’ll be in touch with those who have showed an interest for your Skype details so we can add you to the call on Monday 👍🏻

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
poet Anonymous

Anonymous said:<< post removed >>

Of course you can. Make Lepp feel at home. 🤣

Go to page:
Go to: