Virtual Open Mic Night! (and other lockdown activities)

44.44% • 8 votes • Monday 25th May 19:00 GMT
22.22% • 4 votes • Friday 29th May 19:00 GMT
16.67% • 3 votes • Wednesday 27th May 19:00 GMT
16.67% • 3 votes • Monday 1st June 19:00 GMT
Total votes: 18
Only members can vote. Not a member? Sign Up Now

Go to page:

Virtual Open Mic Night! (and other lockdown activities)

poet Anonymous

So I would like to if I may tell you about a few exciting developments the pod have in the pipeline to keep you all busy and entertained over lockdown
Firstly— a few changes to how the podcast is going to be released in the future.

We have listened to some of your feedback and we decided that it was a good move to no longer have one long show once a month. Moving forward we would like to release our segments individually... maybe on a week by week basis. This will allow people easy access to what they would like to listen to in more convenient snippets. This of course will be a trial to see how it goes.

Secondly... there’s a lot of people that feel alone over this lockdown, and I have had brewing in my head for a little while now this idea of a virtual open mic event.

I hope to set this up over the coming week. This will take place on Skype to start with. I have looked into Zoom, however this is something that I do not want to pay for until I know the level of interest in the project. If the interest is high, I will definitely look into it as a a future option.

You would be able to read your own poem, or perform your own song... or if you would like to share the work of a famous poet that is perfectly ok too. But the idea of the event is to have some fun, and to perhaps spread a little happiness.

If you’re interested in this, or even if you just want to attend, please could you register your interest here or send me a message directly.

I have posted a poll above to see which time / date would suit the most people who want to attend. Please choose as many dates as you are able to attend. I’ll end the poll on Friday 22nd and announce the date it will happen then depending on which has the most interest to keep it fair.

Thirdly... please if you haven’t seen it pop on over to the wonderful Risky Quizzness team league Eamonn is setting up for a full line-up of fun stuff to do over lockdown

You can check out the Risky Quizzness league here: https://bit.ly/2Ax4ryb

That’s all, folks... have a grand evening 😎

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14449

Question

does "virtual open mic night"  mean live streamed ?

forgive my ignorance of those technical terms you young people use

poet Anonymous

lepperochan said:Question

does "virtual open mic night"  mean live streamed ?

forgive my ignorance of those technical terms you young people use

... I’m thirty bastard five... 😂

Haha... it means we’re all on a call together. Video / audio... it’s up to you. It will remain in Skype. Not streamed to any other platform. Well... this time anyway. Just to find our feet.

There will be some structure to it. Once I’ve sat down with it. Over the next week.

No recording shall take place

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011

Thanks much

for the record, 30 bastard 5 is young folk

I'm in, just say when, I'll be there *cue sappy song*

poet Anonymous

lepperochan said:
for the record, 30 bastard 5 is young folk

... new favourite person!

Cool. Thanks for showing up. We’ll roll out the red carpet and stuff.

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011

much prefer if you roll the green, but ok

so, how many people can be on skype at one time ?

poet Anonymous

lepperochan said:much prefer if you roll the green, but ok

so, how many people can be on skype at one time ?

I believe the maximum is 50. But if we reach 10 I’ll be happy.

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
TrueLover
Meganne
Thought Provoker
1awards
Joined 18th Feb 2018
Forum Posts: 16

I'll be there My 25th with shaky legs and  racing heart, but ready to be heard.

poet Anonymous

TrueLover said:I'll be there My 25th with shaky legs and  racing heart, but ready to be heard.

That’s awesome news! We look forward to it.

We’ll wait for the poll to close on Friday before we announce the date for sure. See which date is the most popular

poet Anonymous

Anonymous said:<< post removed >>

Pick the frogspawn out yer teeth, man...

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Kinkpoet
Tyrant of Words
United States 11awards
Joined 9th May 2019
Forum Posts: 1030

I gave up on Skype a few years ago due to technical and billing issues, so I prefer Zoom, but I will give it a try.
1900 GMT is 1100 MST, correct?

Kinkpoet
Tyrant of Words
United States 11awards
Joined 9th May 2019
Forum Posts: 1030

This excites me!
Our group, Cochise Creative Writing, in southern Arizona has done our open mic online using Zoom for the last two months with great success.

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Go to page:
Go to: