Go to page:

Freedom of Speech and Censorship

poet Anonymous

Ahavati said:I saw a thread earlier about the murder of George Floyd and was going to post this there; however, I can't seem to find the thread. . .

Before you call the cops - The Tyler Merritt Project:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKeITMzMn7w

Actually the post was put in by Carpe_Noctem from what I remember seeing and it was under the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Part II thread and has since been deleted, removed, hidden. It had caught my eye only because of being in an “odd place”.  I don’t recall seeing the (former) new member you mentioned.

I believe that was why Johnny had said what he did at the beginning of his reply to Mindtrain several posts later as seen below; because it didn’t “fit” in the thread - being “off topic”, I suppose...

JohnnyBlaze said:Back to the actual topic at hand .....

Isn't it great to broadcast opinions so freely on the Internet?!...etc

I could be mistaken, but I don’t believe so, unless Carpe put one up in addition to that former member somewhere else and both disappeared.

Perhaps reach out to Carpe - see if it was him being that he’s still here (??) - it is a powerful topic indeed and keeping with your initial thought, there may be a voice which needs to vent and should be heard.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14273

Taryn said:

I could be mistaken, but I don’t believe so, unless Carpe put one up in addition to that former member somewhere else and both disappeared.

Perhaps reach out to Carpe - see if it was him being that he’s still here (??) - it is a powerful topic indeed and keeping with your initial thought, there may be a voice which needs to vent and should be heard.

You are mistaken.  This was a separate thread in either the Poetry or Workshop forums.  I had planned to respond after the Space X launch, but then it was gone and the member deactivated their account as well.

If carpe posted it in the covid-19 thread it would've been off-topic and thus most likely hidden.

Valeriyabeyond
Dhyana
Dangerous Mind
3awards
Joined 3rd May 2020
Forum Posts: 2668

Ahavati said:

You are mistaken.  This was a separate thread in either the Poetry or Workshop forums.  I had planned to respond after the Space X launch, but then it was gone and the member deactivated their account as well.

If carpe posted it in the covid-19 thread it would've been off-topic and thus most likely hidden.

This response is so freaking comical,  not to Taryn of course who was just publicly spanked, Rude reply-  I mean funny in that your reply was so arrogant you have clearly stated for one,   you would have never agreed with Carpe, you would never have wanted to respond in a kind way to Carpe,  and if by a long shot it was Carpe you better believe it was off topic and or hidden,.
 Sooo outside of the  spot of irritation I once had
I'm sorry for Taryn who was trying to help trying to communicate with the uncommunicatable

poet Anonymous

Ahavati said:

Duly noted - what I shall do is reach out to Carpe myself then; perhaps he can start a new thread on this very important topic if he self deleted or have his post unhidden, if indeed it was and moved into a new thread considering the circumstances.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Taryn said:

Duly noted - what I shall do is reach out to Carpe myself then; perhaps he can start a new thread on this very important topic if he self deleted or have his post unhidden, if indeed it was and moved into a new thread considering the circumstances.

I would rather know why the original poster, an African American woman's thread suddenly disappeared, and why she suddenly deactivated her account. This was HER voice that needed to be heard.

If it was hidden, it could've so easily been moved. If she self-deleted thinking no one cared, I truly hate she thought that way.

Because I cared.  The video was horrific.

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5572

Carpe's posting of the youtube link and a reply to it by Stangeways Rob were removed from the Covid thread for being off topic.

Valeriyabeyond
Dhyana
Dangerous Mind
3awards
Joined 3rd May 2020

Ahavati said:I saw a thread earlier about the murder of George Floyd and was going to post this there; however, I can't seem to find the thread. . .

Before you call the cops - The Tyler Merritt Project:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKeITMzMn7w

Absolutely beautiful video but what does it have to do with Censorship or free speech
What does it matter what color our skin is when we post Why does it matter the woman you speak of that is no longer here is African American
How do you know she is African American she could be Black Why does any of that matter here today at all What color am I Ahavati and does it even matter

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Ahavati said:
I would rather know why the original poster, an African American woman's thread suddenly disappeared, and why she suddenly deactivated her account. This was HER voice that needed to be heard.

I think the poster's name was slarote ...?

poet Anonymous

Ahavati said:

The video was indeed horrific. It made me nauseous, however why the emphasis on the nationality? I don’t feel one’s  nationality has anything to do with it. There is no reason why one post deserves more respect than another based off of their nationality or their race. There is no way for anyone to know what racial denominations are in Carpes family history or mine or anyone else for that matter. It could be anyone’s voice; there is no way for you to know definitively one way of the other.

This would be a good reason to treat anyone and everyone with respect.

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

There it ... was.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

JohnnyBlaze said:There it ... was.

Yep! That was it!  

Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Tyrant of Words
13awards
Joined 31st Mar 2018
Forum Posts: 3572

She might have posted that...

However , I do not believe she was a black woman...

I had a couple of back and forth emails with her...

She was a nice person , as far as I could tell

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Valeriyabeyond
Dhyana
Dangerous Mind
3awards
Joined 3rd May 2020

Anonymous said:<< post removed >>

Took me a minute to understand your comment Tim you could be right but  I was appalled by that video and I am not black or African American

Why TF does it matter?
What does it have to do with this topic?
What is the provocation ?
Why was it even brought up ?
Maybe because the Dragon launch was scrubbed what can we stir up now?
Like a sticker on your sock

Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Tyrant of Words
13awards
Joined 31st Mar 2018
Forum Posts: 3572

Perhaps , yet I do not believe she was / is...

Hell , I have posted before on certain websites ( Pagan )
about Amerikkka , and not been thought of as *black*
as a racial designation...

Maybe we Pagans , just have a different view point...

To me , this country definitely has problems , not just racial ,
yet I am well aware of the groups that are white based bully boys...( and girls )

Let us not put people in name cages , automatically racially targeting
them as a particular race , because they dislike certain actions , or
political groups or views...

I used to live in Oregon , many years ago...Portland is the KKK headquarters
for the Northwest US...my friend was killed up there by one of those @#*%^

So , I will not put someone in a box , of racial designation , because of a mention
of three letters in a row , all the same...;)

And this is not meant strange , Tim...

I am merely clarifying...

Go to page:
Go to: