Freedom of Speech and Censorship

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14574

Ahavati said:

[ . . . ]

A good question for this thread is how many times can a person come back under different profiles without disclosing who they were before? I get the whole "People deserve a second chance ( or even third )" thingie; however, when that second/third chance turns into innumerable chances demonstrating the same behavioral grudges against members, when is intervention required?

This has been going on since 2015, BEFORE I was a member.  Here is a thread verifying that.

https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/forum/speakeasy/read/8090/15/#297230

[ . . . ]

I found my answer in the 2014 archives ( the year before I joined ), said by Webmiss herself:

DU Poetry has a system of time limited bans which precede any permanent ban (with the exception of spammers which may be banned immediately).

If you do have an account ban and wish to start afresh at DU Poetry then I believe it would be prudent to stay away from controversy and return solely with the aim of sharing, reading and developing poetry.[  . . . ]

https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/forum/poetry/read/7308/45/?fbclid=IwAR304NAYHHQi4DJOQBlgI39e5MxLqNGc3LaYCVvE3UqGua5TGh_-wYpKqrk

So in essence, when an old member returns under a new name, it should be to focus on poetry, not pick up old grudges against others by fanning the flames of discord.

Got it.

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Valeriyabeyond
Dhyana
Dangerous Mind
3awards
Joined 3rd May 2020
Forum Posts: 2668

Anonymous said:<< post removed >>

Hey Tim
Agreed why is this even an issue right now
If someone is actively doing what Ahavati is suggesting  coming back with a new name just to harrassment her then call them out why beat around the bush
with veiled comments
If it's not happening now then WTF is someone bored ?

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Valeriyabeyond
Dhyana
Dangerous Mind
3awards
Joined 3rd May 2020

Anonymous said:<< post removed >>

i Was here last year as Dhyana  I left because Ahavati pissed me off
I came back as valeriya but it wasnt a secret I sure as heck didnt come back to harass anyone

David_Macleod
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 39awards
Joined 5th Nov 2014
Forum Posts: 2983

About multiple accounts:

I could have 20 accounts here and not declare them and get away with it and this is mean with just a reasonable knowledge of the internet.

It can't be stopped and IP addresses don't make a shit's worth of difference.

If you look at the contents in the various poetry genres, there is virtually no real censorship that is certainly NOT AS ISSUE!

There is censorship in the forums, but let's face it these are PUBLIC FORUMS! The amount of drama and abuse is legendary. I would want there to be more censorship not less. If a member abuses another member in a public forum their comments should be removed and they should be sanctioned. In some regards, I have seen some favouritism and protectionism In the forums where sometimes certain members get sanctioned and others do not. The forums are still littered with abusive comments mad to other members both historical and as recent as last week. Abuse is extremely rare in the groups and it is dealt with swiftly. Hence my preference for groups over forums. You could cut out about 90% of the drama and abuse with one swift action - I would respectfully ask the webmiss to extinguish the forums in favour of groups - the abuse in the forums will never end.

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5573

Twitter flags Trump tweet with fact-checking label for first time

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/twitter-fact-check-warning-trump-tweet/

Twitter on Tuesday added a fact-checking label to a tweet by President Trump, the first time the social media platform has used such a label for the president's tweets. The tweet now includes a link directing users to information debunking the president's false claims about mail-in voting fraud.

Gone are the days of politicians and civilians blatantly misleading the public via the Internets.

No censorship involved.

What a refreshing change of pace it will be to hear things like ... truth, backed up with facts.

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Trump threatens to crack down on social media platforms after Twitter labels his tweets

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/27/politics/donald-trump-twitter-threat-regulate/index.html

"Republicans feel that Social Media Platforms totally silence conservatives voices. We will strongly regulate, or close them down, before we can ever allow this to happen," Trump tweeted Wednesday. He went on to accuse the tech industry of trying to interfere in the 2016 election, before repeating an unfounded claim about voter fraud stemming from mail-in ballots.

Yep, you read that correctly.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Trump_on_social_media

From his official declaration of candidacy in June 2015 through the first two-and-a-half years of his presidency, he tweeted over 17,000 times. Since early in his presidency, his tweets have been considered official statements by the president of the United States.

Yep, you read that correctly too.

runaway-mindtrain
Dangerous Mind
United States 8awards
Joined 30th July 2017
Forum Posts: 758

Leftists are quite fine with their internet controllers censoring and book burning conservatives ideas....The Bolshevik did it, the Nazis did it, and now I get to hear leftist give me their fake morally superior stance on why it is OK to censor speech. I have been permanently banned from 6 Reddit subs from coward leftist moderators for ideas and speech that I put in poems on DUP constantly!!! Should I be banned from DUP for not upholding the current deconstructionist toe line to try to change reality by forcing speech "laws" upon society either defacto or directly??? Or should free speech, which is a mandate for poetry, be protected?.....

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

runaway-mindtrain said:Leftists are quite fine with their internet controllers censoring and book burning conservatives ideas....The Bolshevik did it, the Nazis did it, and now I get to hear leftist give me their fake morally superior stance on why it is OK to censor speech. I have been permanently banned from 6 Reddit subs from coward leftist moderators for ideas and speech that I put in poems on DUP constantly!!! Should I be banned from DUP for not upholding the current deconstructionist toe line to try to change reality by forcing speech "laws" upon society either defacto or directly??? Or should free speech, which is a mandate for poetry, be protected?.....

^ obviously referring to the 17,000 Trump tweets censored from Twiiter ^

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

I saw a thread earlier about the murder of George Floyd and was going to post this there; however, I can't seem to find the thread. . .

Before you call the cops - The Tyler Merritt Project:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKeITMzMn7w

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Ahavati said:I saw a thread earlier about the murder of George Floyd and was going to post this there; however, I can't seem to find the thread. . .

Before you call the cops - The Tyler Merritt Project:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKeITMzMn7w

I think it was posted in the Writing & Poetry forum, but it was either self deleted or hidden by a mod.

Valeriyabeyond
Dhyana
Dangerous Mind
3awards
Joined 3rd May 2020

JohnnyBlaze said:Trump threatens to crack down on social media platforms after Twitter labels his tweets

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/27/politics/donald-trump-twitter-threat-regulate/index.html

Twitter is a manipulative platform that is promoting  cognitive bias, thus creating an anchoring effect among it Twitterers Twitter is stating that  their "legitimate" fact based resources are the means to go by when making a decision That is the anchoring effect 

In turn Twitter suffers from  Negativity bias for their lack of insight while seeing only what they want to see which is in this case with voter ballots is basically a neglect of probability 

This all seems rather distorted or one sided but if you would like to see the other side of the coin Trump is merely guilty of zero risk bias 

There are many many more biases that social media thrives on we can get into those later
Thank you BW for your resources 

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

JohnnyBlaze said:

I think it was posted in the Writing & Poetry forum, but it was either self deleted or hidden by a mod.

All they had to do was move it to this forum.

Edit: pretty certain it was sepicla_ikn, who has now disabled her account. . .I wonder if there is a connection.  

That was a very powerful topic, and she had a voice she needed to vent, which should've been heard.  Yes, it was in the wrong forum; however, she was a new member, and is still acclimating herself. If it was hidden, it could've so easily been moved. If she self-deleted thinking no one cared, I truly hate she thought that way.

runaway-mindtrain
Dangerous Mind
United States 8awards
Joined 30th July 2017
Forum Posts: 758

great response to what I wrote

Go to page:
Go to: