mommabutterfly111_
mommabutterfly111_
Raven In The Sun
Fire of Insight
United States
  profile   poems   message
Joined 25th July 2020
Forum Posts: 924

It would make a great gift and yes it's beautifully written and thought-provoking with wisdom. It's one I can go back to and form new thoughts on as I evolve and the words are also so colorful. Great gift!

mailm
mailm
Strange Creature
  profile   poems   message
Joined 4th Aug 2020
Forum Posts: 1

Joy luck club by Amy Tan is a good one. I was reading this for my literature essay, but I had a deadline problem and had to visit the website https://studydriver.com/joy-luck-club-essay/ to find some examples to write. Later, I finished reading the book, and I can rate it at 8/10 and recommend reading it.

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
89awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 7411

Just finished Ocean Vuong's On Earth We're Briefly Gorgeous, a novel not to be confused with his poem, On Earth We're Briefly Gorgeous ( though that's beautiful too ).  

The novel is one long segment upon segment of letter to his mother, who happens to be illiterate. His associations blow me away, and metaphors silence my thoughts. For moments, you're left in awe of the full circle he masters perfectly. It provides a heartbreakingly honest overview of their relationship, built on a foundation of honesty, trust, and hope.  

badmalthus
badmalthus
Harry Rout
Dangerous Mind
17awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 3rd May 2014
Forum Posts: 196

This is a great read...made for thinking.

Blackwolf
Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Tyrant of Words
11awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 31st Mar 2018
Forum Posts: 2596

Every tome ever written by :

Robert Anton Wilson ( as well his videos , just to mention )

Philip Jose Farmer ( Riverworld )

Tom Robbins ( All )

Terence McKenna ( All )

Philip K. Dick ( All )

I as well , highly recommend this website , and the many varied links...follow the trail !

https://jacobsm.com/deoxy/deoxy.org/nu.htm

Go to page:
Go to: