Go to page:

Recommend a Movie/Documentary/Show

Taurek
Taurek
Dangerous Mind
United States
7awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 31st Oct 2015
Forum Posts: 1865

Come to daddy on amazon prime

Layla
Layla
Fire of Insight
7awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 3rd May 2018
Forum Posts: 1101

JohnnyBlaze said:You haz 5 days to binge "Mad Men" before it is removed from Netflix. 📺

What?  You're kidding. there goes the neighborhood!  lol
Hopefully Netflix will fill that space with another great show.

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
87awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 6724

I Am Not Your Negro on Prime.  Heartbreaking documentary.  I think what hits home on these is that I remember so many of the news clips from when I was younger.

https://www.amazon.com/I-Am-Not-Your-Negro/dp/B01MR52U7T

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
87awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 6724

Just Mercy on Prime is an absolute emotional roller coaster. Anyone who truly wants a glimpse of how the southern 'legal' justice system was/still is to a degree today needs to watch this.  Having attended law school, I  was very much aware of the injustice of convictions based on lies in the south; however, this is very enlightening for those who really aren't aware of how unjust the south can be.  

Layla
Layla
Fire of Insight
7awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 3rd May 2018
Forum Posts: 1101

I just got done watching the documentary "13TH" on Netflix which is also available on Youtube, the whole movie is for free to watch if you don't have netflix.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krfcq5pF8u8

When Ahavati recommended, I wasn't sure if I could watch it since this whole week the horrific news have taken over our hearts and minds, pulling emotions in every direction but once I started watching I couldn't stop.  It's such a well produced narrated Doc delivering history and connecting critical periods with background stories that have gone unnoticed to all of us seeing and hearing on the surface, or worse yet; manipulated in delivering the truth.
It's gut wrenching to realize that we didn't know anything when we thought we knew.

One of the most profound lines at the beginning of the movie which sets the stage is:
"We are the products of history that our ancestors chose, if we're white.  
If we are black, we are the products of history that our ancestors most likely did not choose,
yet here we are all together, the products of that set of choices
and we have to understand that in order to escape from it."

You will never look at things the same way again, after watching this!

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
87awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 6724

Layla said:I just got done watching the documentary "13TH" on Netflix which is also available on Youtube, the whole movie is for free to watch if you don't have netflix.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krfcq5pF8u8

When Ahavati recommended, I wasn't sure if I could watch it since this whole week the horrific news have taken over our hearts and minds, pulling emotions in every direction but once I started watching I couldn't stop.  It's such a well produced narrated Doc delivering history and connecting critical periods with background stories that have gone unnoticed to all of us seeing and hearing on the surface, or worse yet; manipulated in delivering the truth.
It's gut wrenching to realize that we didn't know anything when we thought we knew.

One of the most profound lines at the beginning of the movie which sets the stage is:
"We are the products of history that our ancestors chose, if we're white.  
If we are black, we are the products of history that our ancestors most likely did not choose,
yet here we are all together, the products of that set of choices
and we have to understand that in order to escape from it."

You will never look at things the same way again, after watching this!


Exactly; it's called educating oneself to the facts.  Thank you for taking the time.

Taurek
Taurek
Dangerous Mind
United States
7awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 31st Oct 2015
Forum Posts: 1865

Cardinal on Hulu

Layla
Layla
Fire of Insight
7awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 3rd May 2018
Forum Posts: 1101

I wish I had Hulu, there are some terrific shows there and movies lately..But thanks Taurek.

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
20awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 2939

Layla said:I wish I had Hulu, there are some terrific shows there and movies lately..But thanks Taurek.

Always shows, but good movies take a LOT of digging.

If anyone ever stumbles across "Mortdecai" or "The Men Who Stare At Goats" on Hulu, be prepared to laugh your asses off.

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
20awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 2939

"When They See Us" on Netflix sounds promisingly relevant to current events.

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
20awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 2939

All three seasons of NBC'S "Hannibal" is now on Netflix.

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
87awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 6724

JohnnyBlaze said:"When They See Us" on Netflix sounds promisingly relevant to current events.

That is up next!

Taurek
Taurek
Dangerous Mind
United States
7awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 31st Oct 2015
Forum Posts: 1865

Layla said:I wish I had Hulu, there are some terrific shows there and movies lately..But thanks Taurek.

You can do a free 30 day trial. Just cancel before the trial ends if you don’t want it.

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
87awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 6724

This is the story where Trump took out a full page ad demanding the death penalty.  Imagine if he'd gotten it. . .five innocent men would've been put to death because, "Maybe hate is what we need."

https://www.cnn.com/videos/cnnmoney/2016/10/07/trump-1989-central-park-five-interview-cnnmoney.cnnmoney

This movie will burn you up if you're a mother and you hate injustice.

When They See Us: the true story of the Central Park Five case depicted in the Netflix drama series

Five teenagers were wrongfully convicted of rape and attempted murder.

It's the documentary drama series that had everyone talking when it was released on Netflix last year.

When They See Us, a limited mini series, was praised by critics and viewers alike for its retelling of a news story that not only shocked New York but the rest of the world.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/inews.co.uk/culture/when-they-see-us-true-story-central-park-five-tv-series-netflix-498218%3famp

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
87awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 6724

Ahavati said:This is the story where Trump took out a full page ad demanding the death penalty.  Imagine if he'd gotten it. . .five innocent men would've been put to death because, "Maybe hate is what we need."

https://www.cnn.com/videos/cnnmoney/2016/10/07/trump-1989-central-park-five-interview-cnnmoney.cnnmoney

This movie will burn you up if you're a mother and you hate injustice.

When They See Us: the true story of the Central Park Five case depicted in the Netflix drama series

Five teenagers were wrongfully convicted of rape and attempted murder.

It's the documentary drama series that had everyone talking when it was released on Netflix last year.

When They See Us, a limited mini series, was praised by critics and viewers alike for its retelling of a news story that not only shocked New York but the rest of the world.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/inews.co.uk/culture/when-they-see-us-true-story-central-park-five-tv-series-netflix-498218%3famp


I have just finished this series, and I think what struck me the most was the ending, when they showed all five wrongly-convicted men, and listed their current occupations.  The pride in their eyes harbored nothing but Love.  I saw no bitterness, resentment, or malice in any form. . . and that in and of itself is a miracle and testament to forgiveness.

Go to page:
Go to: