Go to page:

Recommend a Movie/Documentary/Show

Indie
Miss Indie
Tyrant of Words
Australia 34awards
Joined 3rd Sep 2011
Forum Posts: 3209

2040 is a really interesting documentary on sustainable technologies, on a community and global scale.

Carpe_Noctem
Tyrant of Words
Spain 8awards
Joined 3rd Mar 2013
Forum Posts: 2915

Indie said:2040 is a really interesting documentary on sustainable technologies, on a community and global scale.

Do you know how sustainable the hemp plant could be if she wasn't demonised.
For example, hempcrete is said to be a carbon sink, fire-resistant, pest-resistant, a strong insulator, stores, and releases moisture.

Madness not to utilise the full potential of the plant

Zazzles
Broomie
Tyrant of Words
United States 24awards
Joined 23rd Nov 2013
Forum Posts: 1781

The Umbrella Acadamy it’s a series on Netflix. Klaus is my fave character ♥️

inechoingsilence
Thought Provoker
United States 4awards
Joined 17th Apr 2019
Forum Posts: 317

Umbrella Academy is amazing.

I watched the documentary on Anna Sorokin (is it a documentary if it's not the actual person in the program)? I also watched the one on the Mormon church, and let me tell you, that was a doozy. All of this is on Netflix

Indie
Miss Indie
Tyrant of Words
Australia 34awards
Joined 3rd Sep 2011
Forum Posts: 3209

Zazzles said:The Umbrella Acadamy it’s a series on Netflix. Klaus is my fave character ♥️

Agreed. I love Klaus, he brings an awesome lightness to everyone else.

Zazzles
Broomie
Tyrant of Words
United States 24awards
Joined 23rd Nov 2013

Queens Gambit, netflix, another series well worth the watch

Zazzles
Broomie
Tyrant of Words
United States 24awards
Joined 23rd Nov 2013

Indie said:

Agreed. I love Klaus, he brings an awesome lightness to everyone else.

Agreed, And Klaus is adorable  😘

poet Anonymous

Zazzles said:Queens Gambit, netflix, another series well worth the watch

It was fantastic.  I enjoyed it very much.

poet Anonymous

What I'm watching right now is, Girl in the picture on Netflix.
It's quite fascinating and the more it unfold the more the mystery gets deeper.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14628

"The Old Man" ( Hulu ) starring Jeff Bridges & John Lithgow ( one of my fav actors ) is fantastic.

poet Anonymous

Ahavati said:"The Old Man" ( Hulu ) starring Jeff Bridges & John Lithgow ( one of my fav actors ) is fantastic.

The reviews are fantastic.  I watched few minutes of the first episode and was intrigued.  I'm going to sit down and watch it with full attention.  And he certainly is one of my favs too.  I love all his movies but I gotta admit I love Crazy Heart and how he portrayed a has been country singer, unshowered, dirty, alcoholic, tabacco spitting, broke man who falls in love with a maggie Gyllanhaal.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Vee said:What I'm watching right now is, Girl in the picture on Netflix.
It's quite fascinating and the more it unfold the more the mystery gets deeper.

I actually saw that this afternoon during dinner ( & a movie )!  It was heartbreaking but she truly didn't rest until she could.

You will enjoy 'The Old Man'. It's really getting interesting now.

For those who are Jane Austen fans and have yet to see newest take on Persuasion with Dakota Johnson, let me save you the time. On second thoughts, no . . . see it.  Henry Golding alone is swoon worthy and literally reinvents the role of William Elliot.

poet Anonymous

Hey Ahavati, how are you?  We need to catch up, It's been so long  and I hope you're doing well.
I completely agree, the documentary on that girl and her son is heart wrenching .  As the saying goes, real monsters live amongst us.  I thought the documentary so well produced.
As for The Old man, I just started watching and its fantastic.  Full of mystery and twists.  Ofcourse, the great cast of actors and their talent makes it even better.  I can't wait to watch the whole thing to see how it will play out.

Ahavati said:

I actually saw that this afternoon during dinner ( & a movie )!  It was heartbreaking but she truly didn't rest until she could.

You will enjoy 'The Old Man'. It's really getting interesting now.

For those who are Jane Austen fans and have yet to see newest take on Persuasion with Dakota Johnson, let me save you the time. On second thoughts, no . . . see it.  Henry Golding alone is swoon worthy and literally reinvents the role of William Elliot.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Vee said:Hey Ahavati, how are you?  We need to catch up, It's been so long  and I hope you're doing well.
I completely agree, the documentary on that girl and her son is heart wrenching .  As the saying goes, real monsters live amongst us.  I thought the documentary so well produced.
As for The Old man, I just started watching and its fantastic.  Full of mystery and twists.  Ofcourse, the great cast of actors and their talent makes it even better.  I can't wait to watch the whole thing to see how it will play out.

I'm good! Running two businesses and school doesn't leave much time for poetry ( reading or writing, I'm afraid ). Been finalizing Team NaPo'23 group and beginning to wrangle the new members onboard. Catching up would be nice! It has been a minute. Hope you are well!

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Go to page:
Go to: