Recommend a Movie/Documentary/Show

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14641

JohnnyBlaze said:

Yay to sci-fi goodness!

Which reminds me, I need to finish the final season of Lost In Space !

badmalthus said: Watched it yesterday...depressingly hilarious.

I wanted to laugh, but it was too true. The metaphors were transparent.

Another you two might enjoy is a satire documentary, Death to 2021 on Netflix. This one didn't have the emotional impact of Don't Look Up; however, it was a bit funny.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=netflix+satire+documentary+on+2021&docid=607993685132579370&mid=4623B436B16F945CD5AD4623B436B16F945CD5AD&view=detail&FORM=VIRE

drone
Tyrant of Words
Greece 10awards
Joined 3rd Sep 2011
Forum Posts: 2255

The family
Documentary

javalini
Fire of Insight
United States 15awards
Joined 4th Apr 2019
Forum Posts: 201

Don't Look Up -- on Netflix

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14641

So Netflix is expanding into K-drama series, except it's all translated to English, so no subtitles for those who don't care for them.

I am currently watching 'Move to Heaven', a series about a trauma cleaning business who cleans and clears after someone's death. Each episode of the series not only focuses on the deceased, but the main character as well.

What I love most about this series is that one of the main characters is a Korean half Malaysian actor, Tang Jun-sang, who plays Geu-ru, a young boy diagnosed with Asperger's. His character displays the brilliance and ethics of outcome when one honors the right path.

Each episode is a heartwarming encounter ending in an emotional revelation in regard to the deceased and their family. There have been very few episodes that haven't moved me to tears.  

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11052470/

Eerie
Dangerous Mind
14awards
Joined 29th July 2018
Forum Posts: 890

In case it isn't in this thread already, the documentary, Fantastic Fungi is...well, fantastic

rosalynrshannon8
Strange Creature
Joined 12th Jan 2022
Forum Posts: 1

You can watch Explained, I really like this show

Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Tyrant of Words
England 33awards
Joined 10th Jan 2021
Forum Posts: 5801

Eerie said:In case it isn't in this thread already, the documentary, Fantastic Fungi is...well, fantastic

I second this. It blew my tiny mind. 🍄

Kou_Indigo
Karam L. Parveen-Ashton
Tyrant of Words
United States 69awards
Joined 15th Sep 2011
Forum Posts: 2796

Myself, the most recent show I watched the entirety of was Marvel's Loki, the first season, which is pretty much all of it thus far. It was both totally insane and totally awesome at the same time, which made it a perfect showcase for the god of mischief! The craziest part? Alligator Loki. The most unexpectedly coolest part? The way they brought the comic book character of the Enchantress into it in the form of the character Sylvie. There were times when she nearly stole the show and outdid Loki himself in terms of being villainous. By the end, I was totally rooting for her, though! And OMG! The ending and the way it teased the next big bad for the Marvel Cinematic Universe was epic. It sounds like they may be doing a second season, and if they do end up doing it, I will totally watch it. Great stuff!

Sunnydayz
Strange Creature
Canada
Joined 11th Apr 2022
Forum Posts: 3

The book theif.  amazing movie. The zookeepers wife... took me a long time to get through

SheliaCobb
Strange Creature
Joined 10th June 2022
Forum Posts: 1

to watch the best hd tv series i choose netflix as the app of safe choice with no cost download here to experience it

Betty
Dangerous Mind
United States 17awards
Joined 8th May 2012
Forum Posts: 422

Shit, my nerd is about to show…

Obi-Wan Kenobi because Ewan McGregor… drool….

And Stranger Things.

Love.

Zazzles
Broomie
Tyrant of Words
United States 24awards
Joined 23rd Nov 2013
Forum Posts: 1781

The Ozark! On netflix- The writing in this series is so good!

Carpe_Noctem
Tyrant of Words
Spain 8awards
Joined 3rd Mar 2013
Forum Posts: 2915

Reacher is decent

Zazzles
Broomie
Tyrant of Words
United States 24awards
Joined 23rd Nov 2013
Forum Posts: 1781

Downton Abbey ☺️

poet Anonymous

Zazzles said:Downton Abbey ☺️

If you want a more accurate description of life in modern Britain, seek out Boys from the Blackstuff, This is England, Its a Sin, G.B.H. (from top of my head). Fleabag is good for the giggles.

Go to page:
Go to: