Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
109awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 11157

JohnnyBlaze said:

Wait ... what happened to the Fourth Kind????

Actually, it's playing on Netflx right now! LOL

The Fourth Kind 2009 starring Milla Jovovich.

I dunno bout that one. I just kinda watch what I'm led to watch is all.  I just went through Netfix's 'must watch' list and I've seen two!

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
22awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5457

Ahavati said:

I dunno bout that one. I just kinda watch what I'm led to watch is all.  I just went through Netfix's 'must watch' list and I've seen two!

Honestly, It's worth at least a watch if you ever find yourself at a loss. If I have nothing lined up that I have a burning desire to watch, then I'll give something one shot to leave its mark on me. How many decent poems do we read once and never again before we come across a poem that we simply can't get enough of and forever leaves a mark on our souls?

If only I ever had your sort of antennae when it came to feeling led to watch something. If I do, it certainly hasn't been working lately. I've seen more stinkers in the last 2 months than I have in the last 20 years.

Rona Jaffe's Mazes and Monsters It's Tom Hank's first movie, which I saw some 30 years ago on network television. It had that "made for TV" film quality which seemed poor even back then, but It looks incredibly horrendous on hi def digital today. Hanks's acting is the only redeemable aspect about it.

Open Water WTF? How did this ever make over $50 million dollars??? It was filmed with a camcorder for God's sake! The average phone video today puts it to shame. I think its second sequel was filmed with an I-phone and you can see a huge difference!

Alone In The Dark I like Christian Slater. For a while he was doing a lot of television shows that had very short lifespans. And then he went eerily quiet. Now I know why. This movie put his career in the hospital and he has been in rehab doing mostly voice acting ever since.

Gunpowder Milkshake Ugh. I think I covered this one in Jack's movie review thread.

The Devil All The Time It's well done in terms of film quality and acting, but there is absolutely nothing positive to say about the story ( aside from it ripping off Pulp Fiction ). I might as well be watching the Texas Chainsaw Massacre. It becomes so predictable that you are waiting for the next person to be killed off until the credits finally roll.

In The Cut I wanted to see Meg Ryan in something other than a rom com. I wish to have these two hours of memory expunged from my brain.

Beetlejuice I didn't think Tim Burton could make a movie worse than Mars Attacks. I was proven wrong.

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 20th Mar 2015

JohnnyBlaze said:
Manifest on Netflix

It's a decent watch, fast paced, and similar to LOST in suspense with plenty of substories.

But, be forwarned: NBC canceled it after three seasons, so you may never find out how it ends. Talks in are in progress about reviving it for a fourth to finish it up, but it's not looking promising.

Woot!

Netflix Saves ‘Manifest’ Season 4 After NBC’s Shocking Cancelation

https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/manifest-renewed-for-season-4-netflix-orders-final-episodes/

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Ahavati said:OMG!

Sweet Girl on Netflix starring Jason Mamoa & Isabella Merced. Not many movies get past me on surprise twist-endings, but this one did. I am a bit surprised by the very low reviews.

Of course I enjoy movies that aren't much liked by mainstream.

Ahavati said:

The grandprecious wanted to watch it because of "Aquaman"! LOL! I'm glad we did! The twist actually shocked me. I loved that!

Perhaps the low reviews are because of the twist? I do think it was executed in a way that could be perceived as deceptive.

I personally enjoyed the movie.  I didn't see it coming either, even though a couple of scenes suggested the movie was going in that direction. But then the "pre-twist" convinces you otherwise.

Taurek
Taurek
Dangerous Mind
United States
7awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 31st Oct 2015
Forum Posts: 1958

Clickbait - Netflix

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 11th Apr 2015

JohnnyBlaze said:

Perhaps the low reviews are because of the twist? I do think it was executed in a way that could be perceived as deceptive.

I personally enjoyed the movie.  I didn't see it coming either, even though a couple of scenes suggested the movie was going in that direction. But then the "pre-twist" convinces you otherwise.

I watched it again and all the signs are there! There are several places where it flat out reveals it. It's a matter of choosing to see and hear what we want to believe vs the truth.

It's like the mind that fills in blank spaces with imagination to create the whole picture.

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Ahavati said:

I watched it again and all the signs are there! There are several places where it flat out reveals it. It's a matter of choosing to see and hear what we want to believe vs the truth.

It's like the mind that fills in blank spaces with imagination to create the whole picture.

It certainly went against the grain of conventional storytelling through film, calling for the viewer to become more actively involved in the telling process. Sort of like ( some ) poetry.

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 11th Apr 2015

JohnnyBlaze said:

It certainly went against the grain of conventional storytelling through film, calling for the viewer to become more actively involved in the telling process. Sort of like ( some ) poetry.

I think the low ratings were people pissed off because it "got'em"!

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 11th Apr 2015

o O I'll be your huckleberry on Prime!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqNnhgEyQCU

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Ahavati said:o O I'll be your huckleberry on Prime!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqNnhgEyQCU

Okay I seriously cried. I had no idea how sad and yet inspirational this would be.

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Ahavati said:

Okay I seriously cried. I had no idea how sad and yet inspirational this would be.

I think the last thing I watched Kilmer in was Thunderheart, which oddly enough just started showing on Hulu not to long ago.

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 11th Apr 2015

JohnnyBlaze said:

I think the last thing I watched Kilmer in was Thunderheart, which oddly enough just started showing on Hulu not to long ago.

I used to get him and Brad Pitt confused, as they are basically the same age and hit the big screen around the same time!

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Sparking Joy with Marie Kondo on Netflix

In this reality series, Marie Kondo brings her joyful tidying tactics to people struggling to balance work and home life — and shares her own world.

Looking forward to this!

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 11th Apr 2015

JohnnyBlaze said:Sparking Joy with Marie Kondo on Netflix

In this reality series, Marie Kondo brings her joyful tidying tactics to people struggling to balance work and home life — and shares her own world.

Looking forward to this!

Did you ever get her book I recommended?! But yeah, live is great!

JohnnyBlaze
JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Ahavati said:

Did you ever get her book I recommended?! But yeah, live is great!

I've never felt the need to read it ..? I'm not one to accumulate material items. And what I must contend with, I keep very organized.

But I can certainly attest to going through periods of my life feeling "not in control" and thereby attracting situations in which I'm inundated with other peoples' stuff - be it their private collections, overflow they can't fit into their houses after a move, or garbage piling up from tenants.

So if I could Marie Kondo other people and their clutter/belongings out of my life, I would!

Go to page:
Go to: